Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Nurses With Sleeves (Support Group)

My surgery is may 20th edinburg tx!

Yeah youre hot :) just sayin

Sleeved April 16-- I'm an RN... How long till I can really go back to work?I has my VSG on April 16th. I work as a Reg. Nurse and my employer will not let return to work until I can "lift" a minimum of 50 lbs!

Everything I have read so far does not address at what point I can lift 50 lbs so I can return to work.

Hi guys haveing some trouble 5 days out

I am 5 days out very weak and running a low grade fever my belly is one big bruse is that normal

Hi Matt:

A low grade fever is the most common complications after surgery. You should make your surgeon aware if you have a low grade fever, which is a temperature that is one or two degrees above the normal reading of 98.6 degrees. If your low-grade fever persists for several days, notify your surgeon that the fever has not resolved. I found that I continuously had a low-grade fever throughout my hospital stay (6 full days post-surgery) which was one full week d/t uncontrollable vomiting and doc's fear of dehydration. However I found that IF I did have my temp taken as it was abnormal- I would sit up and take some deep breaths (as much as I could then) and then blow a few times using my IS. This helped blow out the trapped C02 in my lungs which in turn lowered my natural internal body temp.

As far a weakness 5 days out, you may have to define what you consider weakness bc that is so subjective. I can say I was incredibly weak for first two weeks!! Getting stronger now.

If I were you, I would say these signs and symptoms warrant a call to your surgeon.

Even as a RN for 20 years, I never discount the speciality information you get from your bariatric surgeon! Don't want things to go from bad to worse!!

Best of luck. Let me know how you are feeling!

I have never seen this thread before :) I am an LVN have been for 9yrs with future plans to further my education. I have worked OB/L&D and Family Practice I am currently not working. We are a military family and are getting ready to move. I am loving my sleeve 11/07/12 was my date 60lbs down :)

Yeah youre hot :) just sayin

Aw thank you :) hoping ill feel "hot" after this surgery. Congrats on your progress!

I have been a bad nurse/girl . I have been neglecting to take my supplements and my Iron level was 24 the PA for my surgeon just called to lecture me about how they want it at 46 and not taking my Multivitamin is not helping...My Vitamin D was at 27 and they want to see at least 30. I don't know why but I can't seem to get a good rhythm for pill popping/ chewing. I take synthroid and Allegra in addition to the supplements but the only one I take really regular is the synthroid.Now I know why they say we make the worse patients ;)

I have been a bad nurse/girl . I have been neglecting to take my supplements and my Iron level was 24 the PA for my surgeon just called to lecture me about how they want it at 46 and not taking my multivitamin is not helping...My Vitamin D was at 27 and they want to see at least 30. I don't know why but I can't seem to get a good rhythm for pill popping/ chewing. I take synthroid and Allegra in addition to the supplements but the only one I take really regular is the synthroid.Now I know why they say we make the worse patients ;)

I hear you! I take the gummy vitamins, Fiber, Probiotics & Calcium. They taste like "candy" but get my counts all on track.

I hear you! I take the Gummy vitamins' date=' fiber, probiotics & Calcium. They taste like "candy" but get my counts all on track.[/quote']

I was taking the gummy vitamins when I remember to but I just checked the bottle and mine don't contain any Iron do that is part of the problem lol...What kind of gummy Vitamins do you take?

Hi guys!!y name is Whitney and I have been in the NICU level III for 7+ yrs and got sleeved 5/6/13, a few days ago! So far in some pain but doing quite well. I live near OKC, OK but was sleeved in N Texas due to insurance. I feel healthier already by the choices I'm making. Tracking my calories on my fitness pal and trying to walk a few houses down every few hrs. Still taking pain meds which surprises me, didn't think I'd be in this much pain. Helps to sit up, heat and chill!

Hi yore at same at and same goal as me well get there I'm not a run though rtt

Hey Nurses - HAPPY NURSES WEEK!

I'm an RN - now work in nursing administration, but have done everything from Burn ICU to Pediatric Oncology to Disaster Nursing. I had surgery at the hospital where I work and I laugh so hard at the support group meetings because every month someone else I know from work shows up!

The question about low grade fever post op - DEEP BREATHE! That was the one thing that helped me with the fever. And feeling like your stomach is one big bruise - yep - had that too,

I was taking the gummy vitamins when I remember to but I just checked the bottle and mine don't contain any Iron do that is part of the problem lol...What kind of Gummy Vitamins do you take?

I am taking the Gummy-Vites from costco or Sam's. I get enough iron from meat & veggies. If I added it in the vitamins, I would never go to the bathroom!

I'm applying for the nursing program in the fall! Reading all of your posts has made me very excited! My scores are very high so I hope I get in. Thanks for starting this thread!