Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Nurses With Sleeves (Support Group)

Hi Ballermom!

I saw you were sleeved 2/27/13! yay! :)

How are you feeling since surgery?

I am an ER nurse as well' date=' and I was planning on going back to work in 2 weeks. What's your opinion on that?[/quote']

Hi CharlaMae

Sorry for the late reply.

I won't be going back right away. I am 13 days

Out I feel fine. My Nut advance me to soft diet

Can't wait. Yay

Thanks for asking how are you?

1happyloser2b-- I first was going to start looking at info on the lapband, and an ad came up for the VSG. I knew the lapband did not work but I was getting desperate. The VSG is the best thing I did. I feel great. (just the tiny problem of cross-addiction), but I can and will keeping working on that. Good Luck with your surgery and your new VSG Life.

Hi CharlaMae

Sorry for the late reply.

I won't be going back right away. I am 13 days

Out I feel fine. My Nut advance me to soft diet

Can't wait. Yay

Thanks for asking how are you?

13 days and feeling fine! That's fabulous! :) hope to follow in your foot steps!

I have my psych/nutrition appts tomorrow, then I get everything submitted to my insurance. I'm planning on a tentative April 25th date. With that said, I'd like to be back to work by May 13th at the latest. Perhaps my question to you is, knowing the demands of our career....if you had to go back to work tomorrow, could you physically do it?

I appreciate the insight! :)

Hows everyone doing. Tired when home from work. Want a nap. Will go square dancing tonight. Got a cute haircut over the weekend. Lots of nice compliments. Please write and keep this alive.

Linda, square dancing? That sounds like excellent exercise. How did you get into that?

Hi! My name is Sharon and I am an ICU nurse for 25+ years. I am in the western New York area and being sleeved on April 9th. I start my liver reduction diet March 30.

Are you a nurse? I am starting a support group for nurses that are contemplating' date=' undergoing or are now 'old pro's' with their sleeves!

By way of introduction, my name is Jana & I live in the DFW area and am currently undergoing the approval process. I have been a RN for 38 years--18 years in Surgery & 18 years in Case Management & as a Manager for a major health plan carrier.

So feel free to jump on board![/quote']

Hi. I'm a 30 year nurse. Geriatrics. VS on 3/27/13. Finally taking care of me. No regrets.

Welcome nurses! I love this group. I am subscribed to it and find myself checking it to see what everyone is up to. Lets keep it going.

Linda, square dancing? That sounds like excellent exercise. How did you get into that?

Started Square dancing 4 years ago. There are clubs all around the world but all the calls are in english. It is a lot of fun. We have made some really good friends. We even carpool to other dances. Very cheap about $5.00 for 3 hours dance which includes a lunch Lessons are usually in fall/winter time. Google square dance and look for a club in your area. Some weeks we go dancing 3-4 x.

Welcome nurses! I love this group. I am subscribed to it and find myself checking it to see what everyone is up to. Lets keep it going.

I too check it often for support.

Hello all! I, too, am a registered nurse in California. I got finished my accelerated MSN program in 2008 and since then I've worked in Quality Management, Med/Surg, Tele/Step-down, ICU, and I've now landed as the Clinical Nurse Leader/Assistant Manager of the Outpatient Surgical Service at the VA. I had to change jobs because I suffered a job-related injury to my back and could no longer work as floor nurse. But there is a silver lining... my former hospital had a clause in their health plan that they would not, under any circumstances, cover weight-loss surgery. I fought that for about a year, when my lawyer told me to give up. So I finally got a job with Veterans Affairs... much lower salary, but their health plan covers Vertical Sleeves! Yay! I started my job in Sept 2012 and by March 6, 2013 I was sleeved! I am so happy and lucky to have had the surgery... and I think it's great that you made a support group just for nurses! I've been asked by patients "when are you due" and gotten the incredulous looks when I counsel them on diet and exercise... I'm so glad I will now be a model for the behavior I preach!

Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone... No green beer for me this year - but I'm sure not complaining! :D

Hi everyone, just checking in! Good to see more people joining. I'm about 3 months post op, and learning to live quite well with the sleeve. My weight loss is coming along OK, and I'm finding periods of slow loss, then will drop a few pounds at once. This is a stall week, so it's a little aggravating, lol. I know for sure it's better than before because the sleeve forces me to stick with it, something I just couldn't do before.

I'm happy the weekend is here, Wish I could go square dancing, or any kind of dancing - sounds fun!! However, will be super busy and looking forward to it!

Teri

Going to a fundraiser that includes food from all local eateries. Of course I will be picky I what I choose. Wish I could just stay home. HAd an extremely busy week. Linda

Hey guys, I am at work, 7p-7a working as rapid response team tonight. I am surfing the net waiting for some excitement...so now I am thinking I need to get up off my butt and go for a walk but I dont want to. Ugghh, why is it that I can go 90 mph in an emergency but can't find the energy to walk for 30 minutes when I have downtime??? Anyone else have this type of mindset?