Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slenderella's Adventure Begins...in 12 Hours

Yep, it here and it happening...Tomorrow at 6:45am my sleeve adventure begins! I'm 100% sure that I want this, and I'm 100% sure this is the most nervous I've ever been about having a medical procedure. I think the difference is that a lot of the success of this procedure rests on my shoulders, with past procedures I I had to do was rest and let my body heal. That will happen this time too, but the long-term success is totally defendant on my compliance with the diet and exercise program thats been laid out for me. I'm still excited, but now the enormity of the decision I've made is in the forefront of my mind. I will do this and I will find success this time, and I feel so blessed to be taking this step toward living a healthy life.

Today I had my EGD and they confirmed that I do have a hernia that will need to be fixed tomorrow. The EGD was a breeze! I went back at 8am and I was headed home by 9am. I've been very lethargic, probably a combination of now being on Clear liquids and a bit do a drug hangover.

I will arrive at the hospital at 6:45am tomorrow and they should begin my procedure around 8:00am. As soon as they get me back to my room and I'm able, I will post an update to let you know how it went.

Let the adventure begin!!!!

Good luck...you will do GREAT!!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Yep, it here and it happening...Tomorrow at 6:45am my sleeve adventure begins! I'm 100% sure that I want this, and I'm 100% sure this is the most nervous I've ever been about having a medical procedure. I think the difference is that a lot of the success of this procedure rests on my shoulders, with past procedures I I had to do was rest and let my body heal. That will happen this time too, but the long-term success is totally defendant on my compliance with the diet and exercise program thats been laid out for me. I'm still excited, but now the enormity of the decision I've made is in the forefront of my mind. I will do this and I will find success this time, and I feel so blessed to be taking this step toward living a healthy life.

Today I had my EGD and they confirmed that I do have a hernia that will need to be fixed tomorrow. The EGD was a breeze! I went back at 8am and I was headed home by 9am. I've been very lethargic, probably a combination of now being on Clear Liquids and a bit do a drug hangover.

I will arrive at the hospital at 6:45am tomorrow and they should begin my procedure around 8:00am. As soon as they get me back to my room and I'm able, I will post an update to let you know how it went.

Let the adventure begin!!!!

Good Luck !!!! -- I know you'll do well and it will be a uneventful surgery and fast recovery.

Best wishes to you!Give us an update when you are feeling up to it. So happy for you.

So happy for you slenderella!!! I had mine April 24, 12....although it was not a breeze the results are so visible fairly fast...thats the best feeling seeing our hard work in the tape measure and the scale! Best of luck ...can't wait to hear your journey! xo :)

I'm at the hospital, and ready to get this show on the road...sorta...I still can't believe this day is finally here. Everything seems so surreal.

So excited for you!!! I am 20 days away. We have the same surgeon btw!

It kinda sneaks up on you, doesn't it?! Yayyy!

I know that by now you're probably already out of surgery, so I'm sending positive good healing thoughts your way!! Let us know how things go!

Hope all went well for you!

Thanks, ladies! I'm in my room now and doing much better than I thought I would. Pain is well controlled with the pain pump, and I just walked my first lap around the floor. I think the hernia repar hurts more than the sleeve!!

I hope the rest of you did well too!!

That's fantastic news! Glad you're doing so well, Slenderella!

I and my leak test this morning and passed, so it's on to liquids. I was so,so glad to finally get to take a sip of Water. I've got my little 1oz cups that I'm supposed to drink every 15 minutes, and I'm sipping of chicken broth in between.

The liquid going down is a a weird sensation, and each sip is followed by a little burp. I'm not in a ton of pain, but I definitely am tender and achy. When my belly feels all "crowded" I get up an walk, something about standing up straight seems to relieve the pressure.

If all goes well I should be headed home by 1:00pm.

It is a very weird sensation...to me it kind of feels like it is going down through a funnel!

I'm 16 days post op and feeling good...getting better everyday. You are doing great!

I do have to say that gastrique literally went right through me! Yucky stuff isn't it!! Get lots of rest and sip, sip, sip. That will feel like a fulltime job for awhile ;-}.

Best wishes!