Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In My 9Th Day On My Pre-Op Liquid Diet

I'm on my 9th day of my liquid diet before surgery.... & it kills me to say I cheated.

I cheated three times :(

I cheated the 3rd day

I cheated the 4th day

& the 5th day, but not since then. I pray I didn't jeopardize my surgery. & my husband is sitting directly in front of me eating a grill chicken sandwich with BBQ Sauce that's smells oh so yummy :P:)

Hang in there KayKay20! I know it is rough, but you can resist. Remember, this is only temporary and one day before you know it, you will be eating that BBQ chicken.

As far as cheating, yes people do it. I did it and truth be told, I bet a lot of people did. The diet is to shrink your liver and carbs are what stop that process. My several "cheats" were always Protein and my physician still said my liver looked awesome and he could tell I really followed the diet. What he didn't know didn't hurt him or me either for that fact. :D

Now, for cheating postop. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT DO IT!!! Cheating after they cut the entire length of your stomach is messing with danger. It could cause a leak which would be detrimental to your health or worse.

Good luck on your journey and come here as often as necessary for support!

It's worth admitting it and moving on! I start my pre op diet (for two full qeeeks) on Monday. What did you cheat with?? I've heard of others saying that they replaced all meals with liquids but got to have lean Protein and leafy veggies for dinner and I wish I had that!

I'm definitely worried about my willpower but it's not over yet! Keep going you can do it! Were the headaches awful??

i cheated too :X tomorrow is 1 week til my surgery and i plan on being 100% good til then, lets do this !!!

Oh goodness!! I have I cheated. I don't have a liquid pre op diet. I do have to lose 10 lbs. and for the life of me I can't stick to my meal plan. I am worried that I won't be able to lose the 10 lbs. in 17 days I have left. What is hard for me is that every weekend we have get togethers with friends and that's when I cheat. I don't what to stop going out, just stop cheating. oh God help me!!!

Good luck with your diet, and surgery. When is your surgery scheduled for?

I have to lose 10lbs as well before surgery and don't have a pre-op diet.....I'm thinking straight liquids until surgery, when I get my surgery which should be fairly soon.

All the best to you all.

post-16404-13813670054414_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]4128[/ATTACH]

post-29329-13813659397895_thumb.jpg

I have to lose 10lbs as well before surgery and don't have a pre-op diet.....I'm thinking straight liquids until surgery' date=' when I get my surgery which should be fairly soon.

All the best to you all.

[/quote']

My Nut told me I will be going on opti-fast shakes for 12 days, 5 a day, and 2 days prior to surgery Clear Liquids. Load up on Protein and vit c to boost healing and immune system before surgery

I am on a two week liquid diet and I will have to say it has been hard only in that I have found I hate Protein shakes. I am not a big sweet eater so the sweet shakes and drinks are now making me nauseous. I am very worried about getting in my Protein. I have been eating very little, mostly broths and sf ice pops or fudge pops and I can easily deal with that. I ordered some powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein powder to try in broths. So the last couple of days I have supplemented my clear broths with a cup of cream of broccoli Soup and also a roasted rep pepper and Tomato Soup and I had a greek yogurt all of which are not on my doctors liquid diet (his says only broth) although I have seen them on others. I am keeping my carbs low which I know is the most important thing. I have another week to go and I wonder if the addition of the Soups for four days will really matter before I go on my Clear Liquids for three days. Even with the addition of the cream based Soups I am only getting in 300 calories a day and under 30 grams of carbs.

What carb levels are you at right now in the pre-op diet?

Just because you cheated today does not mean you have to cheat tomorrow. You can get through the rest of it! Accept it and move on. But imo you should try from now on to stick to it as closely as possible, the doctors do have a reason for putting people on these pre-op plans and I know you want to have as successful of a surgery as you can. Maybe make a list of reasons you want this surgery and stick it right on your fridge or pantry or wherever it will help you avoid cheating. Or maybe a picture of you when you were thinner, or a picture of a pair of smokin jeans that you wanna get when you hit goal.

Izuri

Thank you, for the encouraging words. I do have an old picture of me up when i was in high school & a size 6 blue jeans that were my favorite 15 years old. & yes ma'am no more cheating 6 days left till surgery.....

Birdy18

I started on Monday the 23rd.

What did you cheat with??

A small bag of hot chips & 2 sugar free lemon slices. :(

Keep going you can do it! Were the headaches awful?? Yes I will 5 days to go. I haven't had any headaches.

Izuri

Thank you, for the encouraging words. I do have an old picture of me up when i was in high school & a size 6 blue jeans that were my favorite 15 years old. & yes ma'am no more cheating 6 days left till surgery.....

I'm glad to hear it =) I have a pair of jeans from years ago too that I can't wait to get into. How is today goin? Any better?

I'm on day 2 of an all Protein Shake diet. I have cheated and had a hard boiled egg, 1 slice of bologna,&1 marinated artichoke. I couldnt sleep i was so hungry. I still have leftover food from my low carb diet. I'm hungry all the time. I have severe headache, growling stomach, grouchy, & living in a mental fog. I thought the Pre-op diet would be ok, just like doing slim fast ( which I've gone several times, ha ha), but the diet is worse than that. I'm concerned I can't do this, will screw up my surgery, & just worried about the surgery in general.

I'm on day 3 of my pre-op diet. The first day I had a headache. The second day I took a sleeping pill so that I wouldn't stay up late thinking about food. Today seems to be better. My pre-op diet consists of skim milk 4X a day with all the zero calorie non-carbonated/non-caffeinated drinks that I want. Oh, and one cup of broth (less than 10 calories). That's it. If I can keep this up (I will, I have to) I'm sure it will make the post-op diet that much easier.

Hang in there, it will be SOOO worth it. One day at a time.

Chew it up and spit it out!! You only want the mouth feel anyway- - then it wont jeopardize your surgery. I did this post band and may have to use it post sleeve.