Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am sorry if this upsets anyone, but before you say "I only lost 20lbs" or "I only lost 2lbs this week" maybe take a step back and remember the excited thrilled feeling you got when you hit 20lbs at WW. Or how great it felt to go down 2lbs in one week with Atkins...

Just remember this is a tool, and you get out what you put it. Also remember there will be stalls. This is a tool to help us lose the weight. It's hard not to be discouraged, but maybe count each day with your sleeve as a victory. If you tumble, pick yourself back up and we have this amazing gift that each day is a new opportunity to do the best we can. One step and one pound at a time. Marathon... Not a sprint.

:-)

Hear! Hear!

Agreed! I stopped using the words 'only' and 'just' a long time ago! Every single ounce is a bonus... Celebrate all success I say!

Well stated!

Good advice. It's hard sometimes to see the bigger picture when we are so focused on the numbers.

The thing that pushed me over the edge in my decision to get the sleeve was the idea of "I'm not only losing this weight, but it's staying off. No more yo-yo dieting." I can lose 20 lbs in about 3 weeks easily. In fact I've done it so many times I can't even keep count. But I've lost, and ALWAYS gained back. Turns out I'm really good at losing Water weight, and not so much as losing actual fat. So even though I look forward to losing 2lbs here and there and that first 20 lbs again, the difference is- I can breathe and know it's not coming back to bite me in the butt like it has so many times before. 2 lbs in a week, is okay. 2 lbs NEVER coming back is even better. :)

THANK YOU!

I don't understand the theory that now you've had surgery, your new normal should be to lose 5-10lbs a day! Oh and we must be doing something wrong if we're not!!! And these are bariatric people talking like this! Not clueless family, friends and acquaintances!!!!

To be honest, I'm in a very different place than most people. I never thought I'd be offered a revision. I expected to have to deal with my band the way it was and just do the best I could to NOT gain. I never thought I'd ever lose weight again. I was trying to be happy with were I was at.

So, no, I don't get where people are coming from when they are upset with their weight losses.

I try to be positive and let people know how wonderfully well they are doing and support some of that process. I don't know what is in another person's head or where they are in their own daily lives.

I agree MamaM (tee hee I think I need to start calling my mom that. Murt is getting played out)

I am still pre op and can't fathom being upset about losing "only" 10lbs one month. Shoot I'm thrilled when the scale stays the same in a month!

I do wonder if some "light losers" are trying to compare or keep pace with someone who has 150+ to lose. Not gunna happen. Sorry. I have the goal of 50lb in 6 months, so I will be pleased if I beat that!!

Be happy with the weight loss people!! Think of the sleeve as a gift. And be thankful!!

I shall step off my soap box now. ;-)

It plainly upset me when they are only losing....., really, fat: could not lost a pound now you are upset coz it's only 100 lbs wow, talk about ungrateful

True!! As long as I am losing, I am happy. I didn't gain all the weight over***ht, and I don't expect to lose over***ht. It takes time, but now I know that I can do it.