Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want To See Before & After Pics!

Mr. Butter, I have to say that the guy in the after pics looks like the son of the guy in the before pics. PS, I almost feel like I'm talking to a celeb after reading many of your posts in other threads. I especially love your friendly banter with Laura-ven. I'm going to be sleeved on 11-25. Any advice?

Thanks. I'm not famous....maybe notorious. :)

Advice? Stick to your docs pre and post op plan. If you feel you need to deviate from it, contact him first. You might find him more flexible than you think but it's worth talking things out with him. Really embrace loving Water. After surgery make that priority number 1. Protein next. Walk as often as you can those few weeks post op. Do not compare your weight loss to others and be disappointed. Do not be surprised if you stall or even gain a pound here and there. Body weight fluctuates for so many reasons. Take before and after pics and measurements. They tell the real story. Not the scale. The scale is a lying fiend and will break your heart at some point. That's guaranteed. Take a long look at your food issues. What foods and emotions trigger you to eat? Keep asking yourself this question even after surgery because the answer will get even clearer as time goes on. Starches and sweets increase hunger. So if you don't want to be hungry those are the first things that should go. Surround yourself with positive supportive people and distance yourself from those that make this thing harder. You're saving your own life here, it's too important to let others sabotage it. Find some sort of physical activity that you enjoy and do it as often as you can. Exercise does not have to be a tedious chore. Be prepared to second guess your decision at some point, but know that will pass. Weigh and measure your portion sizes so you know exactly how much you're eating and log it on MYFITNESSPAL or elsewhere. Studies show that it increases the chance of long term success.

Never ever lose your sense of humor. You're gonna need it.

Lastly, take all the advice given here with a grain of salt and a dash of common sense.

Thank you for taking the time to write this.. That sounds like sound advice... But I should take it with a grain of salt and a dash of common sense, Right?Just Kidding. :)

Definitely. I am just as full of s*** as the next guy. But I try to help anyway.

Maybe it's from all the Protein. :-)

Definitely. I am just as full of s*** as the next guy. But I try to help anyway.

Maybe it's from all the Protein. :-)

Thanks! When are you getting sleeved or have you already?

I have already been sleeved on 8/21/13. I hope my results are as good as yours.

You will, be patient and listen to your new stomach when it says your full. What was your preop weight if you don't mind me asking?

I have already been sleeved on 8/21/13. I hope my results are as good as yours.

You will, be patient and listen to your new stomach when it says your full. What was your preop weight if you don't mind me asking?

I was 230 lb.

Wow we were close in weight, how tall are you??

When you are less overweight the weight comes off slower, keep that in mind and be patient it will come off....I promise. There were so many times I got down and out with this surgery. When all else failed I went back to my Protein Shakes and drinking lots of Water and that got me out of my plateaus.

I was 230 lb.

post-177084-0-54100600-1384463253_thumb.jpg

Surgery was 9/11. It has been a daily struggle to eat properly and stay within my limits. I lost it on Halloween and ate two fun size candies and ended up staring in the mirror asking myself WTH. Since, I've been in track and doing well, but I have daily cravings and temptations to overcome. It's not easy, but it's so worth it!

Wow we were close in weight, how tall are you??

When you are less overweight the weight comes off slower, keep that in mind and be patient it will come off....I promise. There were so many times I got down and out with this surgery. When all else failed I went back to my Protein Shakes and drinking lots of Water and that got me out of my plateaus.

I'm 5'4 I know what you mean I go from not loosing to gaining. Its been really slow compared to others but I have the love hate relationship with my sleeve.

I'm 5'4 I know what you mean I go from not loosing to gaining. Its been really slow compared to others but I have the love hate relationship with my sleeve.

Thank you for the advice I sure need it. About how long did it take you to reach your weight?

Your welcome! Anytime! My personal email is loveit1222@yahoo.com if you ever have any questions. It took me 5-6mths to reach this weight.

Thank you for the advice I sure need it. About how long did it take you to reach your weight?

Surgery was 9/11. It has been a daily struggle to eat properly and stay within my limits. I lost it on Halloween and ate two fun size candies and ended up staring in the mirror asking myself WTH. Since, I've been in track and doing well, but I have daily cravings and temptations to overcome. It's not easy, but it's so worth it!

60 pounds in two months!! You should be super proud fun size candy and all!

Surgery date 8/29/13 at 375lbs Cw 333lbs

Keep up the amazing job!