Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want To See Before & After Pics!

HW 276

SW 261 dos 11/7/12

TODAY 174!

3X to 10-11 woohooooo!

These pics are last year to this and last month.

-102 pounds, 1yr 6days post op

post-136843-0-97758800-1384403464_thumb.jpg

post-136843-0-57977200-1384403472_thumb.jpg

post-136843-0-61997500-1384403481_thumb.jpg

I like your swag in the after pic Butter and Christina (OP) you look amazing!!

I like your swag in the after pic Butter and Christina (OP) you look amazing!!

Thank you!! :-)

18 months post op....from 401 to 223 <br><br><br><br><br><br>

Mr. Butter,

I have to say that the guy in the after pics looks like the son of the guy in the before pics.

PS, I almost feel like I'm talking to a celeb after reading many of your posts in other threads. I especially love your friendly banter with Laura-ven. I'm going to be sleeved on 11-25. Any advice?

If you don't mind me asking when was your surgery?

My surgery was Sept 17, 2012 :-)

I have "Before" and "Almost Halfway" pics....

GREAT JOB !!!

I have "Before" and "Almost Halfway" pics....

Great !!!!

The left is me in May of 09' which was three months before my surgery. I had however been 25 lbs down from my original band starting point due to the whole pre-op dieting and insurance requirement rigamarole. On the right is me in August of 12' and at the same place I am currently) down 89 pounds, 8 dress sizes, and much, much happier!

post-112681-0-22036000-1384422019_thumb.jpg

My photos don't seem to want to be attached, I'll try this again...

Photo didn't attach. Trying again....

Mr. Butter, I have to say that the guy in the after pics looks like the son of the guy in the before pics. PS, I almost feel like I'm talking to a celeb after reading many of your posts in other threads. I especially love your friendly banter with Laura-ven. I'm going to be sleeved on 11-25. Any advice?

Thanks. I'm not famous....maybe notorious. :)

Advice? Stick to your docs pre and post op plan. If you feel you need to deviate from it, contact him first. You might find him more flexible than you think but it's worth talking things out with him. Really embrace loving Water. After surgery make that priority number 1. Protein next. Walk as often as you can those few weeks post op. Do not compare your weight loss to others and be disappointed. Do not be surprised if you stall or even gain a pound here and there. Body weight fluctuates for so many reasons. Take before and after pics and measurements. They tell the real story. Not the scale. The scale is a lying fiend and will break your heart at some point. That's guaranteed. Take a long look at your food issues. What foods and emotions trigger you to eat? Keep asking yourself this question even after surgery because the answer will get even clearer as time goes on. Starches and sweets increase hunger. So if you don't want to be hungry those are the first things that should go. Surround yourself with positive supportive people and distance yourself from those that make this thing harder. You're saving your own life here, it's too important to let others sabotage it. Find some sort of physical activity that you enjoy and do it as often as you can. Exercise does not have to be a tedious chore. Be prepared to second guess your decision at some point, but know that will pass. Weigh and measure your portion sizes so you know exactly how much you're eating and log it on MYFITNESSPAL or elsewhere. Studies show that it increases the chance of long term success.

Never ever lose your sense of humor. You're gonna need it.

Lastly, take all the advice given here with a grain of salt and a dash of common sense.

You look amazing congrats!

Thanks! When are you getting sleeved or have you already?