Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want To See Before & After Pics!

I'm 5'4"' date=' start weight was 225. Had lap band in 2006, lost to 160-170lbs. Went to see surgeon to discuss pain I was having (ended up being all bladder issues). While there we talked about the sleeve since I was stuck with weight loss. Had my revision January of 2010. Got to my goal weight (135-145) within 6 months and have been coasting ever since. I give myself a 10lb swing with my weight before I get serious with cutting out high calorie foods. When I'm on the low end it's really too light for me because my face looks too gaunt. So I actually eat anything I want (sodas, sweets, carbs, etc.) just to maintain. My stomach can hold a lot more food now than a couple of years ago, so I can drag out a meal and look like I'm eating the same amount as others, which is nice during business dinners when you don't want to explain to strangers why you are only eating a small amount.

I feel younger now at 52 than I did all through my 30's and 40's because I'm so much healthier. Had been on meds for depression, high triglycerides and had sleep apnea (used C-PAP machine). Now I'm off all meds and of course no sleep apnea.[/quote']

52?????? Say whaaaaatttt??? No way Jose!!!

There is hope for us all! Great post! Super awesome ;)

52?????? Say whaaaaatttt??? No way Jose!!!

There is hope for us all! Great post! Super awesome ;)

You took the words right out of my mouth!! 52 and stunning, seriously, u wurkkk it!! Love it:)))

I must say you are brave for taking and posting these pics......I thought about taking then like that' date=' but chickened out....you really can see the changes though, CONGRATS!! and thank you for being willing to do this and share them![/quote']

I don't feel like the fat girl here. I feel safe to be real and to encourage everybody. If my pics inspire, then I am happy to share. I also want to encourage others to document raw photos so y'all to can see where you have come from. Even if you don't want to share.

I don't feel like the fat girl here.

OK, now you're making me a little misty! :(

I'm so sorry if others made you feel that way. But you were never "the fat girl," not anywhere, anytime! I don't even know you outside the forum, but I know for sure that all that is gorgeous and compelling about you has been there all along. Only assholes and fools didn't realize it. :wub:

I don't feel like the fat girl here. I feel safe to be real and to encourage everybody. If my pics inspire' date=' then I am happy to share. I also want to encourage others to document raw photos so y'all to can see where you have come from. Even if you don't want to share.[/quote']

Thank you so much for sharing your pics, you look fantastic! I understand exactly how you feel about being "the fat girl" and I love being able to come here and not feel that way. Just think though, anyone that thought of you that way before can kiss your soon to be skinny butt!

I'm 5'4"' date=' start weight was 225. Had lap band in 2006, lost to 160-170lbs. Went to see surgeon to discuss pain I was having (ended up being all bladder issues). While there we talked about the sleeve since I was stuck with weight loss. Had my revision January of 2010. Got to my goal weight (135-145) within 6 months and have been coasting ever since. I give myself a 10lb swing with my weight before I get serious with cutting out high calorie foods. When I'm on the low end it's really too light for me because my face looks too gaunt. So I actually eat anything I want (sodas, sweets, carbs, etc.) just to maintain. My stomach can hold a lot more food now than a couple of years ago, so I can drag out a meal and look like I'm eating the same amount as others, which is nice during business dinners when you don't want to explain to strangers why you are only eating a small amount.

I feel younger now at 52 than I did all through my 30's and 40's because I'm so much healthier. Had been on meds for depression, high triglycerides and had sleep apnea (used C-PAP machine). Now I'm off all meds and of course no sleep apnea.[/quote']

Wow! Thank you for sharing and I cannot believe you are 52!! You look amazing and you're such an inspiration.

Thank you so much for sharing your pics' date=' you look fantastic! I understand exactly how you feel about being "the fat girl" and I love being able to come here and not feel that way. Just think though, anyone that thought of you that way before can kiss your soon to be skinny butt![/quote']

Thank you so much! you are very sweet.

OK' date=' now you're making me a little misty! :(

I'm so sorry if others made you feel that way. But you were never "the fat girl," not anywhere, anytime! I don't even know you outside the forum, but I know for sure that all that is gorgeous and compelling about you has been there all along. Only assholes and fools didn't realize it. :wub:[/quote']

:) I agree. Thank you

Top left picture is from sophomore year in high school, in 2006. I was probably between 230 and 250 pounds. Bottom left is in college, 2010 I think. This was around my heaviest, around 285.

Bottom right was in April (before obvious haircut, haha) and top right was in May. I was around 175 then. Since the bottom right photo I've lost about 10 more pounds and am now fluctuating between 161 and 165. I haven't gotten around to doing another full shot since then, and this is the collage I used to post my progress on my Facebook so I've been lazy, lol.

All in all, I have lost 128 pounds.

post-19211-13813666898453_thumb.jpg

Top left picture is from sophomore year in high school' date=' in 2006. I was probably between 230 and 250 pounds. Bottom left is in college, 2010 I think. This was around my heaviest, around 285.

Bottom right was in April (before obvious haircut, haha) and top right was in May. I was around 175 then. Since the bottom right photo I've lost about 10 more pounds and am now fluctuating between 161 and 165. I haven't gotten around to doing another full shot since then, and this is the collage I used to post my progress on my Facebook so I've been lazy, lol.

All in all, I have lost 128 pounds.

[/quote']

Aren't you the bombshell!! Awesome job honey, keep up the amazing work:) gratz!!

Plastic surgery. I lost the weight but the plastic surgery fixed the skin.

And...

I have worked out like crazy through the entire process. My new goal is to gain weight - in muscle!

Plan to follow in your footsteps! Great Work!

Thank you!! I'm doing it, too - I'm finally gaining muscle. :)

Almost 3 months out, and just hit 50 pounds down! Sleeved 3/25/13. I still need to lose about 75-85 pounds.

post-53146-13813666928235_thumb.jpg

First time doing a before and after :-/, so far I'm 4 months out... 45lbs lighter, down from a size 14 to a 9....

post-53291-13813666939487_thumb.png

[ATTACH]14494[/ATTACH]