Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want To See Before & After Pics!

My bad' date=' let me clarify what I meant! Stay away from simple carbohydrates. Complex are ok as long as Protein and veggies make up the majority of your meal. Better?[/quote']

Yup - thank you. :)

I should be safe then, even though I snack I still make sure I eat healthy main meals for example my lunch today is 1/2 a ham cheese sandwich on multi grain bread & my snack is 2 cruskits that contain very little carbs with Peanut Butter on them. I rarely eat lollies but don't mind a handful of crackers & dip occasionally.

I am ready to post some before and after pics now -61 pounds down since surgery day november 11th 2012.

Even though i hated my before pics' date=' it takes a lots of courage to ost these!!

Before:230

now: 169.8

[/quote']

You look Awesome but you were beautiful before too love the wedding dress pic :)

What kind of ap do you use to get the before and after in one pic??? I have been trying to figure this out but have not been able to :/

While you have a very valid point about carbs' date=' I think you are being a little too general in your response.

Good carbs are foundational for the physical processes that take place in your body from moment to moment. You need them for energy, especially if you are active. They feed your brain for all psychosomatic processes. That being said, I agree with you that folks should stay away from bad carbs like candy, white bread, processed foods, etc. These will not support your body in the way that optimizes the psychosomatic and physical response. They lead to weight gain and bring out the carb monster - an uncontrollable desire to keep eating more bad carbs.

A good place to start is to eat more green vegetables like green Beans, brussle sprouts and spinach in addition to fibrous fruits like apples and pears. The Fiber in the fruit helps the natural sugars to absorb more slowly. lentils and nuts are also a good carb. Try and eat low glycemic foods and you will feel both satisfied and be able to function in an optimal manner. Look up the paleo diet. Do not let my use of the word diet throw you. i am only suggesting that this is the type of foods that trained athletes will eat for optimal performance. It also helps non athletes like you and I find peace with eating and function well. I have also found energy squares from nuts.com also fill the need for eating good carbs.

This is only my opinion and I hope it helps. Others might have good advice about good carb and low glycemic eating. I am still learning about proper nutrition myself for maintaining goal weight while also feeding my body for all activities in life.[/quote']

Where do potatoes fall in the carbs category? I am curious bc I am potassium deficient and my surgeon advised me to eat potatoes bc they are the best food source for potassium he says even more than bananas. I have had some potatoes but not a ton and my weightloss is fine 60lbs in 4 months I am 35 from goal my surgeon is happy with this.

Where do potatoes fall in the carbs category? I am curious bc I am potassium deficient and my surgeon advised me to eat potatoes bc they are the best food source for potassium he says even more than bananas. I have had some potatoes but not a ton and my weightloss is fine 60lbs in 4 months I am 35 from goal my surgeon is happy with this.

Potatoes are carb loaded. However: if your surgeon advises you to eat potatoes, then eat potatoes. However, know you can also take potassium supplements from any store that sells Vitamins and minerals

GNC, costco and Target to name a few.

Potatoes are carb loaded. However: if your surgeon advises you to eat potatoes' date=' then eat potatoes. However, know you can also take potassium supplements from any store that sells Vitamins and minerals

GNC, costco and Target to name a few.[/quote']

I know they are carb loaded I was asking wether they were bad or good carbs. I generally will eat half a small baked potato if I eat any.My doc wants me to get it from food if possible he is not a huge fan of supplements outside of Multivitamin and Calcium + D but he also had me on an extra D supplement weekly bc I am also Vitamin D deficient.

I know they are carb loaded I was asking wether they were bad or good carbs. I generally will eat half a small baked potato if I eat any.My doc wants me to get it from food if possible he is not a huge fan of supplements outside of multivitamin and Calcium + D but he also had me on an extra D supplement weekly bc I am also Vitamin D deficient.

Potatoes are technically a complex carb, but are treated like a simple carb in your body. Simple carbs are simple to digest, low fiber and offer little value to your body. For this reason, I would classify a potato as a bad carb.

Another great source of potassium is coconut Water. Just make sure it's the unsweetened stuff.

http://amzn.com/B004OVWQDA

I figured it out I think...

Very nice. You found a fountain of youth and are getting younger as the months advance! The difference is super noticeable.

This is my before (282) and picture(175) still have about 20 pounds to go! I am almost 15 months postop.. So far total lost 109 pounds!

You look fantastic !!!!!

I LOVE seeing everyone's before' date=' during and after pics!

I've been updating this as I go. I just did it the other day because I felt discouraged over very little weight loss recently but I can tell in the face picture that my body is changing. The difference between the second and third image is only about 7-8 lbs but obviously there are still other changes going on too. The last pic in both is from Friday, down almost 90 but plenty more to go.[/quote']

Wow !!!! Your totally doing fabulous !!!!! I'm so encouraged by your pics ! Just sleeved 3/6/13 .... Can't wait til I post pics !!!! What a beauty !!!! I feel like I'm under my weight just hiding there , I'm ready to peel away the layers !!!!

I agree with you bethL' date=' I don't care about being thin, just about being happy with me and most importantly healthy.[/quote']

I'm with you Tracy !!!!

Here's one from this weekend (down 60lbs):

Sept 2012 - Mar 2013

Cruise Vegas

20W dress XL dress

post-29764-13813664067564_thumb.jpg

2 Years before VSG 600 lbs and 1 year after VSG 360=240 lbs so far year one :)

524999_502217443148279_1586514157_n.jpg554887_502217479814942_876501625_n.jpg526869_502217539814936_1955876876_n.jpg