Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Any Had A Weird Looking Tattio After Your Weigh Loss..?

I have two tattoos.havent yet been sleeved. Just wondering if any had some funny looking ones after the lose skin...

I had a friend that had a mickey Mouse (happyface) now it looks kinda weird. Is no longer happy..lol

I guess I shoud check the one on my butt since i have lost so much. I did not even think of them changing.

Oh man i hope not! My lower back is practically a whole tattoo.. :unsure:

I think it depends on where your tat is - I have one on my ankle so I doubt that one will change. But, places like butt and lower back....if you have gained a lot there and you lose maybe?? I am waiting until after I get to goal to get my second one on my back (left shoulder) because I thought about that....didnt want to take any chances.

Sounds like another good reason NOT to get a tattoo. ;)

What WLS surgery doesn't make look wierd, age will.

Sent from my iPad using VST

All mine are in spots that won't really shrink much, ankle, shoulder, calf and neck. But I guess another 70 pounds and I'll know for sure

Most of mine are in places that do not shrink/stretch all that much. I'm hoping they don't change much! If they do I suppose I'll just have them covered or touched up =) Not a huge deal.

I have a couple most have not changed but I have one on my thigh that is looking smaller, I was thinner when I got it and it stretched out some do now I think it's going back to normal lol!

The one on my calf is smaller, one on ankle, not so much. I was surprised to see that they shrank at all.

That is what I was afraid of and decided not to get any tattoos (had a couple drawn, memoriam ones) until I reach goal. I am pretty sure if they are anywhere put your ankle, wrist or feet they will "move".

Hello all,

I have a few tattoos and I think they all look better since losing the weight. They are not as stretched and the color looks good.

I have three. My entire back is one huge piece. My back has always been very lean though and it has not changed at all. I don't think it will. I have a piece on the top of my wrist that now wraps around the sides and looks even better for it... I have one on my thigh though that isn't faring so well. It's crooked now and migrating from the side of my leg to the back... LOL I'm going to have to get it worked into another design after I hit goal. It's all black tribal though so it should be doable.

I have a large one on my stomach, it's grown with me so I hope it will shrink too :rolleyes: . I've thought about if I have to have plastics what it will do to this one. It was my first and most special to me.