Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi. Sleeved on July 4rd overseas. I'm down 30 lbs (no prep op diet - day of surgery 227, last Friday -weighing day: 197!!!) and feeling good except for this lack of energy that's killing me. I've always being a very activate person, now can only think of laying on my couch all day. I do exercise because I love it and find energy anywhere for that! Any suggestions? I take B12, Multivitamins and Biotin. Tomorrow I start Iron and Vitamin C on my nutricionist's advice. Let hope for energy to come and rescue me!!!!

Question: I woke up this morning with a cold. Of course it's Saturday so the doctor's office is closed. Can I take cold meds the same as before surgery? Sorry, probably a lame question.

TheNewMimi I don't see why you can't have regular cold medicine. I have been taking my antihistimine with no problems. And one week post surgery I developed thrush in my mouth from my inhaler, so the surgeon's office prescribed a swish and swallow. I went to them for fear of putting new meds in my stomach. They said there was no problem. Its not the same, but I assume its similar to swallowing cough medicine. Just keep your swallows for meds smaller then you use too otherwise it could hit like a Grenade in your stomach!

Feel better!

Question: I woke up this morning with a cold. Of course it's Saturday so the doctor's office is closed. Can I take cold meds the same as before surgery? Sorry, probably a lame question.

OMG!! I have also had the cold from hell for the last ten days! I actually think its a combo of cold and allergies. I'm now, thankfully, on the mend but summer colds are horrible! I have been taking reg cold meds and allergy meds with no problems. But also alot of Vit C and echinacia (sp?). I hope you are doing better now.

I am 6 weeks post-op as of today and have now lost 45 lbs. This puts me under 300 for the first time in almost 2 years so I'm having a good week plus I'm not sneezing my head off! lol Yeppers life is good!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!! Hugs! :D

Question: I'm on regular foods now! Yay!! Only I'm a perfectionist and don't want to mess up. My parents are having everyone over for pizza tonight. Is it ok to have a piece of thin crust pizza or should I just have tr toppings?

Sixth week out for me and I'm down about 50 pounds. Finally cleared for almost all solids except bread, Pasta, rice, beef, and pork. And Holy Mary Mother of God, if I ever eat any more "soft" foods I think I'll gag.

Thin crust won't be as "doughy", I suppose. I've been tempted by pizza in the past, but I only ate the toppings. Just once though, all of the other times I've resisted.

Question: I'm on regular foods now! Yay!! Only I'm a perfectionist and don't want to mess up. My parents are having everyone over for pizza tonight. Is it ok to have a piece of thin crust pizza or should I just have tr toppings?

I have ate thin crust pizza without problems you will need to go with how you feel eating it if it goes down ok then it is fine if it hurts then stop eating it

Hello all hope everyone is doin great fig I put an update up I'm down 55lbs

Here's my chart I made

7/23/12- Day of surgery-355lbs

7/30-330lbs down total 25lbs

7/31-326lbs down total 29lbs

8/1-323lbs down 32lbs

8/3- 321lbs down 34lbs

8/4 -319lbs down 36lbs

8/5- 318lbs down 37lbs

8/6 -317lbs down 38lbs two week

8/7 -316lbs down 39lbs

8/8 -same

8/9 -314lbs down 41lbs

8/10 -same

8/11 -312lbs down 43lbs

8/12 -Same

8/14 -311lbs down 44lbs

8/15- 310lbs down 45lbs

8/18 -same

8/21- 308lbs down 47lbs

8/23- 306lbs down 49lbs

8/27 -304lbs down 51lbs

8/28- 303lbs down 52lbs

8/31 -302lbs down 53lbs

9/1 -300lbs down 55lbs

I'm 8 weeks out and I've had thin crust pizza twice already. No problems!!!!

Hello not to make anyone mad but should any of us be eating pizza thin crust or not I mean we all went through a major surgery for weight loss just throwing that out there

You should not eat it if you have an issue with it however if you are able to have a small piece no reason you can't remember we are not on a diet but rather a lifestyle change. I have not deprived myself of things I wanted and could eat and I am doing very well with my lifestyle change. I had my surgery 2 months ago and I am down 75 pounds with another 40 or so to go my original goal was to be 180 but now I am shooting for 160-170 I have dropped from 280 to 205 so far.