Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I'm in a pickle, I am 10 days post-op and I am on Clear Liquids for another 5 days before I start puréed food. I am also a teacher going back to school. Here is my problem. HELP!

So... My whole school is having lunch provided by our business partners on Monday... I don't want to go. There won't be anything there for me to "eat" and I don't want to be rude to the BP's or be the topic of convo... What should I do?

I would just tell them your trying to do some strict dieting, they'll soon notice anyway. No need to tell the about your surgery, just say it's a doctor supervised diet:)That way you can still be present and socialize.

Sleeved July 23rd, down 18 pounds. I still have pain on main insition on right side and can't really bend over and pick up something yet. Dr. Is keeping me on liquids two more weeks since my stomach is still swollen. Really looking forward to mushy foods but I still can't handle anything thicker than the Protein Shakes.< /p>

I had my surgery on the 23rd but not down much from surgery day, down 14 lbs. Im not upset by that since I'm down 70 lbs with pre-op starting last Feb. I didnt think I would be losing at a very high rate after surgery since I lost so much up front. But, I feel really good and have no pain anymore. Been back to work since day 7 after surgery and have been fortunate that getting my Protein and Water has not been an issue. Now, that doesn't mean I can get much more in but at least I'm able to take in what I need. I start pureed/blenderized food on Monday so that will be a nice change of pace! I will be on normal food by the time I go on vacation in Mid September.

I will be three weeks on Monday and will be playing in a golf outing this Sunday. Already tried hitting with a full swing and have been completely pain free. Doc said to listen to my body for determining what I can do but dont over do it so thats my plan.

Sleeved July 4th. I've lost 21 pounds so far: from 199 to 178. Currently at a stall :(

My op in UK was July 23rd. Lost 28lb from start of pre op diet (which was food not liquid - very balanced but low calorie, fat and carbs). Now on baby food stage of liquid food. It's amazing to feel full so quickly and for the first time in my life not to be obsessed with thinking about food and eating.

Biggest challenge for me is to not put so much food on my plate. Still giving myself too large a portion (all be it much smaller than I used to eat) and then leaving half of it. Wonder when my head will catch on to this smaller stomach!! It's such a strange feeling for me to be able to shop and actually only come out of the supermarket with what I had on my shopping list, and not a whole load of "other" foods that just took my fancy.

Went back to work 7 days after op, took things easier (self employed) so lucky I don't have a boss to shout at me that I'm not doing enough lol and feeling so much better already from the weight loss.

I'll be one month out Monday. My surgery was July 9th. Started at 260, only have lost 20 lbs, I was at a stall for two weeks, which I think is incredible this early. I keep telling myself that if I go about my business, before I know it all the weight will be gone. I return to work Monday.

I'm going on my 3rd week and have now stalled.....lol I've only lost 16lbs. I'm like you though I keep thinking don't worry it's going to come off. I just have read some great stories of people losing 30 plus pounds the first couple of weeks and wanted that to be me too!!! lol

Sleeved July 26 didn't do ANY preop diet actually I indulged in all my fav foods 1 day b4 surg I was on soft foods...down 27lbs as of aug 9

I was sleeved on July 17th. My first night post-op was a delightful haze of pain meds. I had an extremely attentive team of nurses, doctors and nutritionists taking care of me at the Kaiser facility in West LA. My second night at the hospital wasn't as good; they took me off of the IV pain killer, but I really wasn't in much pain to speak of. I've lost 22 pounds so far (252 lbs to 230 lbs). Everything has gone pretty much as I expected. My wife was sleeved six months before me, and the Kaiser's Options program I went through is very comprehensive, so I was well prepared. It's still very strange to me that I eat only a very small fraction of what I used to eat and I feel quite satisfied. For anyone that may have some post-op remorse, when the results start to happen your remorse will melt away.

July 20th, down 24 lbs. I got real discouraged tonight when trying to find. Loathes to wear tomorrow. I figured over 20 lbs. I could certainly wear my 18's and not the 20's. Joke on me... Got mad, threw a fit in the closet, cried a little and am now over it. Guess I will try again in another 10 lbs. just hope I don't hit a stall at this point. I can only imagine what that would be like for my husband...lol

You're still very swollen. Give yourself a break. It will happen soon enough.

What's goin on everyone tomorrow will be my 3 weeks and this is def the hardest thing I've ever done not only did I change my eating I stopped smoking I'm 100% Italian food is everywhere I go I'm staying strong cause of the weight loss down 42lbs hope everyone else is doin good and stay strong god bless

I hear you. I'm 100% italian also. food in the center of our world. Everything revolves around food and family. I just eat very little of whatever I can. Am I having my Pasta? You bet I am. That's never gonna change. I try to eat my Protein first and then the pasta. Somethings you just can't change!!!!

Glad to hear from more Italians on here I don't think I'll do Pasta for a very long time to much carbs then to sugar I mean a taste here and there may not be bad but if I did it all the time I might as well of not got this done and continued to eat like a monster lmao but to each his/her own I'm only 3 weeks out so I'm just learning what I can and can't do

I am happy to report my stall is BROKEN. (stalled at 7 days post op to 22 days post op) I am 5 lbs down in the last few days, for a total of 18 lbs lost since surgery on 7/18 - 33 total.

218 to 185 - Now we are getting somewhere!