Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved July 2nd and am down 25 lbs. I had a plateau around the 3-4 wk mark but finally broke through with 3 30 minute treadmill sessions a day. Maybe that was all my body needed to get that jumpstart? I talked to my nutritionist who told me that many people have the same thing happened when they are in the mushie stage for some reason. I really thought I was doing something wrong!! My first day back to work is tomorrow and the following day is my first visit with my surgeon. I can't wait to get back to work, but I did not tell anyone where I was for the past month and am kinda nervous what everyone will think about my weight loss. (I've lost 33 lbs since everyone has seen me last!) I can tell in the clothes I try on that I've lost weight...but in my mind I'm still that fat girl that hasn't lost any. It's going to take some time for me to get over my body image issues. Other than that I feel great and have ZERO regrets!!

I totally understand how you feel...I am the same way. I have been back to work since day 7...I am working 6 hours a day - four days a week this summer...nothing strenuous. I will most definitely be walking...I was doing great for the past 3 weeks and fell off the wagon...maybe that's why I haven't lost a pound yet...we will see!

Cheking it to my fab July Sleevers. I did a weigh in yesterday and was at 260! That is down from 285 on the 10th of July when I was sleeved. Almost a month out and already lost 25 pounds!!!!

:lol:

Hey everyone sleeved July 23rd down 38lbs feel good for one thing gas pains in my back which I've never had before anyone else still have painful gas

Hey everyone sleeved July 23rd down 38lbs feel good for one thing gas pains in my back which I've never had before anyone else still have painful gas

Hi there

I was sleeved on July 27th I still get some gas pains in my shoulders and back but I find walking a big help :)

Finally reached the 20 pounds down goal today! I will be 3 weeks out on Thursday. Super excited about that! Went for my post-op visit yesterday and everything was great. Got the OK to move on to soft foods. Wahoo! Glad to hear you all are losing too. Keep up the good work!

I'm 4 weeks out today. I've lost 28 lbs so far. That includes 1 week pre-op and two weeks post op and then went into a stall for the next two weeks. I saw a 1 lbs lose today so hopefully coming out of the stall. I saw my surgeon today and she gave me a clean bill of health. I'm doing fine. I also have a hard time getting my Protein in. She told me between 40 - 60 grams of protein is just fine. 40 grams is about all I can do right now. She thinks it's fine. She wants me to drink more and excerise more.

My sleeve was 7/26/12 already down 27 lbs..I didn't do any diet prior to surgery actually I ate my behind off. But I have no complaints just ready to start eating again.. I love juices and my cocktails. Can't wait to gulp down a glass of OJ or Bannana juice! Oh yea my only complaint is the gas! I know every doctor is different but how soon can I have a cocktail? My friend makes 4 weeks tomorrow and she had a cocktail already and still end up loosing 3lbs in the following 4 days

Cocktails are very high in sugar and carbs. You really shouldn't be thinking about them!!!!

My husband saw his doctor today 3weeks post op (july 18th) and looks like he is doing excellent, his starting weight was 441lbs, after pre op diet n day of surgery he was at 411lbs today the scale smiled at 380lbs YAY!!!! Keep up the great work everybody :)

A July sleever here! July 10th. Down 30 pounds, feel great, doing great and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Hi everyone I am new to this site and I am liking it very much so far.

My name is Sherri and I had my surgery July 24' date=' 2012. I went to the pre-op seminar June 6th, met the surgeon June 11, did labs same day, met the nutritionist on June 12th had endoscopy June 15 started the Ketosis diet June 17th had follow up appt June 22 and was down 9 lbs.I joined the gym June 30th and started my new way of living. Went back to eating regularly until my Pre-op appt with the nurse and the nutritionis on July 11, on July 12th I started my 14day pre-op diet and I had my psych evaluation. On July 13th had a follow up endoscopy due to ulcers being found on the first one, I successfully rid myself of them by following what the Dr had told me to do and taking meds he prescribed. July 19 my final pre-op visit with the nurse and was down 6 more lbs. The day of surgery went well and my only complaint is the JP Drain, had I known about it sooner I seriously might have considered the Band surgery instead. It was awful when they removed it. Well its 9 days post surgery and I am down 27 lbs total since start of my journey. But I AM HUNGRY and I have 6 more days of this liquid diet. Any comments or suggestions on how everyone else feels and if hungry what are you doing about it. I also have been going to the gym every other day.[/quote']

I agree them pulling that drain out was absolutely wretched!! I was sleeved on July 26 and by the time I was one week out I call my nut and explained I was really having a hard time getting my 60 grams of Protein in. She advised me to move to pureed foods. She also let me know I could try a meatball or some eggs to see if I could tolerate them. I did just fine so she explained the book is just a guide but I should listen to my body. I still have only tried Proteins and haven't rejected anything. I haven't had any nausea since in the hospital. I am steady losing 1 pound per day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using VST

I had my 2 week follow up and I am down 29 1/2 lbs. From my first visit with the Dr until the day of my surgery was only 6 weeks. So the 29 1/2 lbs is a combo of Ketosis Diet, Pre-0p Diet and post surgery results...Couldnt be happier and now I am 90% pain free except for a little stretching feeling under my left rib.

Ok, I'm in a pickle, I am 10 days post-op and I am on Clear liquids for another 5 days before I start puréed food. I am also a teacher going back to school. Here is my problem. HELP!

So... My whole school is having lunch provided by our business partners on Monday... I don't want to go. There won't be anything there for me to "eat" and I don't want to be rude to the BP's or be the topic of convo... What should I do?

This happened to me while teaching summer school. I politely informed those who asked that I was not hungry and had eaten earlier. I also had my water bottle which I carry around religiously so while they ate, I sipped and talked...no one said anything and was like O.K....it just makes more for us...LOL!