Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are all the July sleevers doin just wondering I had mine done Monday the 23rd down 21lbs hell yeah and stopped smoking harder than eating so hope everyone else on the sleeve team is doin well too god bless

July 18th here. I am doing better each day! I hit a stall (already) but it ended today! I also over did it yesterday walking and am pretty sore inside, at my main incision. One day at a time, but I am hanging in there.

Wow! Congratulations to both of you! More than 20 lbs each in such speed make me very optimistic. Mine will be next Tuesday, but still counts as July though.

Congrats to both and mbasile making the impossible, possible by quiting eating and smoking at the same time.

WoW! That's awesome for you both! My surgery was on the 18th. My weight before the preop liquid diet was 228. My weight the day of surgery was 219. I am now 212. i am very discouraged and feel that I am doing something wrong. I feel like I'm starving. My Protein intake has been my biggest struggle. The most I've been able to take in is about 49 grams. Today I felt very dizzy. Please I need help!!!!

I'm 3 days put and am actually up a pound?! Wow your results are incredible. I wonder if I will be comparable?!

I didn't do the pre opt diet I jummed in a cancelation spot my surgeon said it wasn't nassary to do it it just makes it easier for him so my diet was only 4 days long and I'm a male day of surg weight 355 today 7 days later 334 so I have a lot more to lose hang in there I'm sure we all will platoe at sum point just means u need to rev it up alil but none of us are in that stages I can see that bout six months out u kno (also my surgeon is a board certifled surgeon chief of an hospital university of penn student and did three of my family members already so I took a chance and has I'm almost sure a thousand or so surgerys under his belt so I felt safe lmao )

Congratulations! I am very confident of my surgeon as well. He has an outstanding reputation. This was a very thought out decision for me. I don't believe I have plateaued just losing slower than I expected.

Hi. I am 5 days post op. I had my sleeve done at Ochsner in New Orleans, La. My incision pain is fine. I had buyer's remorse for the first 2-3 days, but feeling much better now... Today, feeling a little lightheaded and hungry or is it acid? I would love to hear everyone's story 1 week post op. What are you all eating/drinking? I am definitely having trouble with Protein intake.

My surgery was July 19th. I am 16 pounds down. I am so ready to eat food. I hate being on this liquid stage. Today I had some mashed potatoes mixed with half and half just to be able to eat with a spoon rather than drink from a bottle. I probably shouldn't have done that, but I can't take this liquid crap anymore! I am keeping up with my Protein, Water intake, and exercise.

Today is my one week surge-aversary. Surgery was Tuesday, July 24 AM. Discharged home Thursday AM. Last day for pain narcotics was Friday AM. Two week liquid diet start weight (July 11) was 258. Yesterday morning weight was 239. I have my 1 week followup with the surgeon tomorrow morning and will get my official weight loss. I had the one incision VSG surgery. I'm healing great. Still a little tired but am able to get in all my liquids and on a couple of days, all of my Protein, too. Some nausea the day following surgery, none since. Pain has improved each day. I'm ready to end the post surgery liquid diet. I haven't exercised more than walking down the driveway and back. I haven't feel much like it.

I am from New Orleans as well. Had my sleeve done on July 26th. Been on nothing but Clear Liquids since. Mainly flavored Water, sugar free Popsicles, and crystal light.

Today I was able to take in black coffee and begin prescript fit chicken Soup.

I have my 1 week post op doctor's visit tomorrow. According to my plan, I should be able to incorporate Protein shakes starting on Thursday.

Except for day one I've been pain free. No feelings of hunger or cravings. At the same time, I have not had a lot of full feelings.

Looking forward to the eventual small quantities of regular food but also nervous about how it's going to go down.

Good luck with your sleeve and Congrats.

I had my surgery on July 10th. I had three full weeks of thin and thick liquids and am moving into the pureed stage (FINALLY). For me the physical aspect of the surgery has been going very well. I am healing great, my surgical glue and scabs have all fallen off and I am starting Vitamin E oil to minimise the scarring. I do have some problems in the morning. I am tired, a bit turned off of eating or drinking anything, and feel yuckie overall. I have been told that it is my body adjusting to my new smaller stomach and that it will pass. I did feel better this morning than I have in the past week and a half. My biggest struggle is the emotional rollercoaster that followed the surgery. The day after I was released I was sent to the emergency room with as it turns out...severe panick attacks. I only found this out after 18 hours in ER and another trip via ambulance the next day. Three weeks out and I still have mild panick attacks, but they get better each day. Xanax helps a lot. I went from taking 3 a day when first diagnosed to just one a day (yeah me!). The other side of this for me was the sadness and depression. I was depressed before my surgery due to the emotional trauma of being obese, but after the surgery I started to have depression spirals...bad ones. I would cry several times a day, I couldn't think positive to save my life. I went to both my doctor and a psychologist and they said that emotional turbulance is normal the first couple of weeks to a couple of months. Part of it is due to the fact that I just hit my life physically and emotionally with a big mack truck, my relationship to food which had been a security blanket to me had changed, and as fat is consumed by the body the stores of estrogen in the fat is released causing more moodieness. The biggest hurtle I have faced is dealing with "buyers remorse". Knowing that my life will NEVER be the same again can be very scary, but I know in the end it will be wonderful. I just have to get past what I am calling "hell weeks" After upping my antideperessants a little bit, I am getting better at focusing on all the benefits that are heading my way as a result of the surgery. It will be a long road, but I know that the emotional turmoil is perfectly normal, and above all...temporary. I just take it one day at a time.