Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Think I Want A Wls Buddy- And I Don't Care Where From. Any Takers? :-)

Hey I am new to VST too. I would like to be your buddy. I haven't had my surgery yet, I have completed my 90 days maintenance required by insurance and waiting for approval. I like the fact that of you three there are two that have already been sleeved and can be of much support. I am having a hard time deciding on whether or not to have my surgery before or after I go on my cruse Oct 14. Let me know if you three are interested in adding me to yr group. :-)

Not trying to thread jack lol but I could really use some buddies! I feel kind of alone in this process- I was suppose to be going through this with a friend of mine but she changed her mind and our friendship had become very rocky. So I really feel like I'm on my own now. I'll be sleeved in October (no date yet) anyone who wants to talk feel free to message me!

Hey I am new to VST too. I would like to be your buddy. I haven't had my surgery yet, I have completed my 90 days maintenance required by insurance and waiting for approval. I like the fact that of you three there are two that have already been sleeved and can be of much support. I am having a hard time deciding on whether or not to have my surgery before or after I go on my cruse Oct 14. Let me know if you three are interested in adding me to yr group. :-)

Would LOVE to have you :) So we're about on the same time frame- I have one more nut appt and then they submit to insurance.

Funny you mentioned a cruise. I'm planning my first cruise with my high school girlfriends for next July but I told them I'm not booking it until I have my surgery as there is no way I'm going looking like this ;) So that's a tough question. Depends on how fast you have it? I'm hearing (others can correct me as I don't know this to be true) that at about 6 weeks or so you're feeling better and probably could do the cruise then? Really, I'm not of any help with this.

WELCOME B)

Not trying to thread jack lol but I could really use some buddies! I feel kind of alone in this process- I was suppose to be going through this with a friend of mine but she changed her mind and our friendship had become very rocky. So I really feel like I'm on my own now. I'll be sleeved in October (no date yet) anyone who wants to talk feel free to message me!

That's a bummer about your friend :( I'll be your buddy :) This is an emotional experience to say the least but sooooo going to be worth it. Are you all done with your "pre" surgery stuff then?

That's a bummer about your friend :( I'll be your buddy :) This is an emotional experience to say the least but sooooo going to be worth it. Are you all done with your "pre" surgery stuff then?

Thanks Justine! :) it definitly is emotional and i know its going to be some hard work, but I KNOW It will be worth it! I'm almost done with my pre op stuff. I have my last NUT appointment next week, then the psych and pulmonary the beginning of sept and my final appointment w my surgeon sept 18th when I get my date! They already told me it would be in October. I'm super excited, nervous and so many other emotions all at the same time!

Do you have a date yet?

Thanks Justine! :) it definitly is emotional and i know its going to be some hard work, but I KNOW It will be worth it! I'm almost done with my pre op stuff. I have my last NUT appointment next week, then the psych and pulmonary the beginning of sept and my final appointment w my surgeon sept 18th when I get my date! They already told me it would be in October. I'm super excited, nervous and so many other emotions all at the same time!

Do you have a date yet?

YEY! That's exciting for you! :) Nope, I don't have a date yet. I expect to have one (or a denial ) sometime mid-end of august (after my last visit on aug 13). The waiting is the worst part. My doc office tells me not to worry about it but I do....all the time.

YEY! That's exciting for you! :) Nope' date=' I don't have a date yet. I expect to have one (or a denial ) sometime mid-end of august (after my last visit on aug 13). The waiting is the worst part. My doc office tells me not to worry about it but I do....all the time.[/quote']

Yay looks like we won't be that far apart! The waiting is KILLING me lol I literally am counting the days that's definitly been hardest for me so far- I'm very impatient lol. I hope you have an easy approval so we can get this show on the road! Lol

Hello all, I've been reading through the thread and I'd like to help any of you that have questions. I am 10 months post op and i've lost about 60 pounds, only 40 more to go. I'm at a wall right now but i'm trying really hard to keep a positive attitude.

Here are some of the things that i have done and found on my journey:

Positives: 60 pounds off

i'm off all my diabetes and high blood pressure medicine. I dont sweat like a pig anymore just tying my shoes. i can shop without having to sit down every ten minutes. I can actually shop in the skinny girls section without setting off any alarms. i'm still a large girl but i dont feel disgusting anymore.

Those things are awesome and i do not regret my surgery but it has not been easy.

Biggest challenges:

1. Making the right choices!! Listen to the nutritionist and know what foods are good for you and what arent. yes, our surgery helps with Portion Control but it does not help with eating the right things. With the sleeve we can still process sugar so it is still a struggle to avoid sweets. i can not have them in my house. my husband is not allowed to bring them in either. if they are there, i will eat them.

Hunger returns: at first it was awesome because i was never hungry and actually had to schedule my meals on my phone so i was eating enough. now im hungry. so again, i have to choose whether to eat at mcdonalds or go home and cook something better. There is an app that i use on my phone called "Myfitness pal". I use it religiously because it keeps count of my fat, Protein, sugar etc.. it is amazing to see how those calories add up.

2. Not drinking while I eat- still after 10 months i struggle with this. waiters look at me like im nuts when i tell them i dont want a drink but if i have it on the table its reflexive to take a drink. after 10 months i thought this woulndt be that important but every time i think that and take a drink (more than a sip) with food, my stomach feels yucky. it makes the food back up and can cause heartburn.

3. protein: i HATE Protein shakes. cant stand them and wont drink them. i do like the Supreme Protein Bars, especially the caramel nut and rocky road. they have a few calories and fat grams but i try to only eat 1/2 at a time.

4. hair loss: i am still losing my hair but it has slowed down. at first it was pretty drastic and my hairsdresser says i've lost about 1/2 my hair,thank goodness it was thick to begin with. i take Biotin every day and i use a keratin Shampoo that i bought at Kenneths salon. expensive but it seems to make my hair thicker.

5. Exercise: i lost my 60 pounds in the first 3-4 months with very little exercise. now im at a wall and have started working out 3-4 times a week. i hate exercise but if i want to lose more, i have to do it.

Overall, again, no regrets, I feel so much better and everyone tells me i look better (i still see fat me in the mirror). its a mental journey also but it works!!

if you all have any other questions about what to expect, i'll give you honest answers.

Shelli

Hello, I would love to be buddies with you guys. I had my surgery on Feb20th and I have lost 103 pounds. I but I'm scarred at the same time. I feel like I need to stop losing weight now and I'm still losing about 4 pounds a week. My BMI is 23.65 and I so freaking happy about this I NEVER in a million years did I think I would be on the weight scale. I try to talk to my family and they say you should be happy. I am but I don't want too look sick. I spoke with my rotor and we have upped my calories to 1200 already. Never thought that this was going to happen that soon....lol have any of you went throw any of this. Sorry my name is Melanie and I'm married and have a beautiful daughter named Shania. That is 10 years old. I have been struggling with my weight since I was diagnosed with MS. That was 8 years ago. And I stopped smoking about a year and a half ago. Im really new at all this, meaning this web site so please excuse me if I'm coming off to strong....lol

Shellie and golden -- thats awesome of you for offering your support to us soon to be sleevers. I would like your opinion about this. I have completed my 90 day maint. Ins. Requirement and am waiting for Ins approval. And I am going on a 2 wk cruise and don't know if I should wait to have surgery before or after the cruise. If I am able to have surgery 7 -8 wks before the cruise do you thing I would be feeling good enough to enjoy cruise??? Thanks for your thoughts.

Yey! I love our buddies :) I love both of your insights, Shelli and Melanie. I'd LOVE to lose that amount Melanie in the time frame you have. I agree though, I don't wan to look sickly. My frien had the Roux en Y and for awhile there she looked so crinkled up- old and well, I'd rather be fat. THanks for being buddies :) xxxxx

You can add me too. Ill be sleeve September 11

Sent from my SCH-I800 using VST

I'd like to join your group if that's ok? Being sleeved 8/17-- started my pre op diet today! ;)

-Emily

I am always lookin for more weight loss buddies. I had my sleeve done on the 26th this month' date=' so I'm a little ahead of you, but it's always nice to have support. As far as whether you wanna message back and forth, you're welcome to send me a message about anything you're thinking and we can chat or whatever. I'm a very open person, so I'm happy to answer/ask questions, listen to rants (I sure need to rant sometimes too =p), or just be a friend to lean on when it's tough.[/quote']

Amen !! I'm here ..count me in here's my cell 8503800013 < just a few more days !!my surgery in four days !!! I'm so nervous !!