Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Top 5 Things You Will Not Miss After Vsg

Here's a tag! Name the top 5 things you will not miss or will be glad to say "goodbye" to forever post op! Here's mine to start

1. The stares from people. Followed by the whispers. I can still hear you when I have literally just walked past u and u say to your friend "look how big/fat she is"

2. The sweating. I'm 25 years old...I am not anywhere near menopause but omg being overweight gives me a glimpse of what night sweats and hot flashes are gonna feel like.

3. The smell...I don't know how else to put it. But ever since I started gaining weight there's that smell that comes with being overweight...tmi perhaps but it's a foul odor from my folds..and especially under my breasts (im top heavy)

4. The disappointment at clothing stores. You know when you see something and you think of course that's gonna fit! But I'm gonna try it on anyways...and it's way too tight? Not gonna miss that! Or worse when ur too tired or annoyed to try it on at the store and u go home to try it and realize its too tight..go to return it and when the cashier says "was there something wrong with it?" and u say yeah it was too big/lose when the truth is it was the opposite but u were too ashamed to say.

5. Being out of breath after the smallest things - walking 10 stairs to the 2nd level of my house..are u kidding me? Then having to sit for 5 mins So I can catch my breath! Forget sports or running or just being able to run around with little kids..I can't even walk without feeling winded!!

1. I don't miss walking upstairs and breathing so hard that I that I was dying.
  2. I don't miss shopping in the women's section because their clothes are not what I was wanting.
  3. I don't miss feeling squezed into a airline seat because I was so big.
  4. I don't miss having the car seat all the way back so my fat had a place to go.
  5. I don't miss not crossing my legs.

I willnot miss standing in my closet wondering what to wear because I have a closet full of clothes in various sizes that are all too small.

I will not miss having to watch my kids go on rides at the amusement park that I am too big to fit on.

I will not miss walking into a room and thinking to myself I am the fatest person here.

I will not miss shopping the Plus size department in stores where there is limited selection and it is more expensive!

--I don't miss needing my husband to put on my socks and shoes or just wearing flip flops regardless of the time of year.

--I don't miss having to lean heavily on the banister going down stairs.

--I don't miss being borderline diabetic.

--I don't miss not being able to weed the gardens.

--I don't miss having to sit in a "special" chair when lounging around the pool.

1) Freaking out when I go to someone's house for a barbecue and all they have is flimsy lawn chairs with a weight limit of 200.

2) Having to order all of my clothes online because stores don't stock my size.

3) Sweating.

4) Thigh chafing.

5) Not going to amusement parks because I can't ride the rides anyway.

The feeling of disappointing myself, lying to myself, and letting me down day after day!!!

I won't miss being out of breathe doing the simplest things. I won't miss not having any energy. I won't miss not putting my size 20's in the dryer for fear they will shrink!

1) Freaking out when I go to someone's house for a barbecue and all they have is flimsy lawn chairs with a weight limit of 200.

2) Having to order all of my clothes online because stores don't stock my size.

3) Sweating.

4) Thigh chafing.

5) Not going to amusement parks because I can't ride the rides anyway.

Omg! I totally forgot about the chairs!

I broke a chair at a Friends house once. Super embarrassing, and one time in high school in a cafeteria..not sure which time was more humiliating. Also hate havin to assess the chair situation when sitting at a restaurant or gathering. I hate sitting with my back to another person. I feel like because I'm so big the person behind me doesn't have room to get in or out. I try to grab the first seat I see that will let me avoid that situation...where I can sit freely!!

Thigh chaffing is the worst! Can't wait for that too stop...and my skin to not be dark there anymore

I will not miss:

- Catching my breath and feeling my heart pound for climbing the stairs or walking a short distance

- People looking at my stomach

- Sitting on the sidelines watching other people have fun

- Squeezing into an airline seat, asking for an extender for the seatbelt, or buying two seats

- all those pills for my various co-morbidities (what an awful word!)

I will not miss:

1. Eyeing a booth as all my thin family/friends get in and wondering if I'll be able to fit

2. Being too ashamed of my size to go on an airplane

3. Avoiding activities with people because I know I will get all out of breath

4. Having to shop online because the stores don't stock my size

5. Feeling like other people judge me based on my weight the first time we meet

And the deepest darkest nastiest truth; not being able to wipe properly after going to the toilet. Or being able to wash properly.

1- Sweating. With out a doubt my number one thing. I sweat in 20 degrees for crying out loud, don't even start me on the summer. It will be nice to actually keep my makeup in tact and not sweat it off before I even get where im going.

2- Getting out of breath. I get winded walking a block. Stairs are almost unbearable. It will be nice to walk s few blocks with out feeling like in dropping dead.

3- Normal clothes. When I say normal I mean anything below a 20. I wear a size 26- possibly 28 (Can we say denial? Didnt want to go up anymore) it be nice to be able to go into regular stores and seem like I belong.

4- Not having to worry If I'll be able to fit somehere- an amusement park ride, airplane seat, someones small car.

5- Not having a fear of judgement based on my weight. My weight is always in the back of my mind when doing things- going on a job interview, meeting new people, new classes with new professors. I always wonder if my weight is all they think of when they look at me- especially in the job world.

1. I will not miss going to the waterpark for our annual family vacation and all I can do is float in the pool, no rides cause I'm so

heavy.

2. I will not miss not being able to cross my legs for the last 25 years.

3. I will not miss the rashes under all the skin or the stretch marks that keep breaking open at the bottom of my stomach.

4. I will not miss telling my husband that I can't ride the 4-wheeler with him cause I'm to heavy.

5. And the most important thing I will not miss is telling my husband I don't feel like having sex because after 32 years of

marriage I was so ashamed for him to touch me, but let me tell you that has changed after only 56 lbs, he says he feels like

he's having an affair!

Real Answer -

1. Sweating - I had night sweats and would sweat at the least exertion. I do not mean I got a bit glisteny - I dripped like a wet dog.

2. Pants - Having my pants dig into me. And my zipper going down by itself because of side to side pressure and being down to just 2 pairs of pants that fit. And they have missing buttons or clasps, because they got torn out.

3. Shoes - having to hold my breath to put on shoes and tie them. Although I will miss the stars and little lightheaded "high" I got afterwards.

4. Looking into a mirror and going - BLEEEEECH!

5. Sitting on airplane seat with arms crossed on chest for 3 hour flight so I stayed on my side of the seats.

But mostly...Knowing that I let my wife down. I was not the man she married. Well, actually I was twice the man she married..LOL

Funny answer - things I will not miss...

1. cutting myself shaving and having gravy come out.

2. having button come off shorts and killing the neighbor's dog

3. stepping on talking scale and have it tell me, "One at a time please!"

4. Going to a buffet and feeling like I should pay for 2.

5. Jumping into the pool and washing my grandkids out onto the lawn.