Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My pain was at about a 9/10 the first day/night, then to about a 8/9. They had me on liquid.Lortab every 3 hours, that made me so sick to my stomach, so then they went to dailauted (spelling ?) in my IV, That worked great. I'm now taking the liquid Lortab at home, and it is great...

I had a pain pump, they took it away 3rd day. I would advise to get a abdominal surgical band ($30). It really helped Mr heel, 2 of my friends didn't get one and it took them about three weeks to stop bring so sore. I was at target shopping by week 2. You wear it 24/7 for 30 days, only take it off for showers. I had complications next day post open, but it was diabetes related, stayed a week. But everything worked out great after that. You'll be fine, it gets better

I just had my surgery on Thursday, and they did give me a morphine pain pump (PCA). It worked REALLY well. It sounded to me like it was a pretty standard thing, all the other patients on the unit had one also. They let me use it for 2 days post-op while I was staying there and now they've sent me home on liquid Lortab. The Lortab tastes horrible, even after having the pharmacy add flavoring, plus I have to take it in small sips because taking anything too fast is super painful. However, it does take the edge off the pain and it hasn't been bad enough for me to vomit it up yet. They also gave me a phenergan liquid prescription for nausea, and that has helped and also makes me tired, so I've been taking that at night as needed. I am still super sore, but I can get up and down out of the chair easier today than I could last night. I also have a PPI (prevacid solutab) prescription that they have me taking every 12 hours for the next month or so.

I was sleeved on July 24 and I only used the pain meds in the hospital one time to try to get some rest. I was up walking and sitting upright in my bed a few hours after my surgery. I would have to rate my pain as like a 2 or 3.

Lucky me IM allergic to morphine, and sensitive to all others narcotics once they figured it out.I was given liquid Tylenol and I was feeling human again lol

I was on Morphine in the hospital and had to be told to press the button, I went hours in between taking it. I'm allergic to all codeine and derivatives and they wanted me on Tylenol liquid but it made me sick. When I went home I tried Tylenol chewables, again they made me sick, so I ended up regular tylenol and I had a pill slicer.

I used the band once in a while. Even now if I have to lift something I wear the stomach brace and I'm almost 8 weeks out.

The pain the first day was about a 4, the day after surgery my pain was mostly because I had an allergic reaction to the Gastrique which is the liquid you drink for the upper gi to test for leaks. I was nauseated and sick and I was given 3 different injections for nausea all spaced a part, plus the nausea patch behind the ear and 2 injections were into the port in the IV and the one was an intramuscular injection and that swelled up and got hot. This was my worst day, mostly because of nausea, vomiting etc.

About day 8 at home I was again sore and not feeling well but that was due to the drain pulling at me and because I have lupus, my body was attacking the drain and it started hurting more. Getting the drain out at day 9 was my biggest relief. I couldn't believe that there was that much tube inside my tummy and I felt like I could breath again because it was pressed up against my diaphragm. Luckily for most, they don't have to wear a drain that long and some don't get a drain at all.

My surgeon puts in an On Q pump which slowly injects a numbing medicine. He also prescribed six doses of IV tylenol that was scheduled every 6 hours. I can say that I did not take any extra medicine in the hospital. I experienced pain once on the day of surgery right after I walked. The pain wasn't bad and it went away as soon as I was still for a couple of minutes. Pain was never an issue when I came home either. I would take the prescribed liquid Lortab right before bed because I sleep on my side or my stomach. The Lortab made it easier to get in a comfortable position.

Good luck to you. If you do experience any pain just keep in mind that walking really helps and that the soreness gets better every single day.

I had a morphine pain pump. It was a joke. They turned it up for me. Still a joke so I stopped using it. I did much better on the shot they injected into my IV.

Is the abdominal surgical band something they provide in the hospital, or can this be purchased at the local pharmacy? Also I noticed some of you were in the hospital for 3 or more days. My surgeon said I would just be there overnight? Is this rare?

I was in the hospital overnight. I had a dilaudid PCA for about 18 hours. I used a total of 4mg. I would say the worst pain was about a 4/10, but I mostly stayed about a 2-3. I was provided an abdominal binder, and I think it really helps. The nausea was the worst part for me. I got one dose of phenergan and 2 doses of zofran. I was sent home on lortab elixir, wich I used about 8 doses of at home. Today is post op day 4, I would say I feel about 90%.

I didn't have a pain pump and didn't need one. I had codeine and paracetamol 4 hourly, and then dropped the codeine after 5 days. Dropped the paracetamol after a week.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Is the abdominal surgical band something they provide in the hospital, or can this be purchased at the local pharmacy? Also I noticed some of you were in the hospital for 3 or more days. My surgeon said I would just be there overnight? Is this rare?

I asked to be kept another night. I'm sorry but tooling around inside of me and sending me home 24 hours later (or less) = no bueno as far as I'm concerned; pain or no pain.

I asked to be kept another ***ht. I'm sorry but tooling around inside of me and sending me home 24 hours later (or less) = no bueno as far as I'm concerned; pain or no pain.

The nurse brought me meds every 4 hours. I had stayed 3 or 4 days. The pain was unbearable. Was given different kinds of pain meds because morphine don't work.

I don't regret my surgery.

"GOD IS WORKING ON YOUR BEHALF ,SO Keep having faith."<br />Your Sleeve Buddy <br />Zeta<br />

I was on liquid pain med (no pump) but I only used it once the first day. My pain was around a 3 or 4. I was more sore then in pain. Like some have said, like I had done hundreds of sit ups.