Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was going to eat some plain chicken but after reading some of the other post about cancelling the surgery.....i think not.

If you have to cheat ...cheat healthy...I cheated on a 10 day diet on day six with a turkey sandwich....I lost 17 pounds

I am mad at myself' date=' I cheated & on the 5th day I still have 10 days left before my surgery grrrr. I'm so stupid.[/quote']

I cheated 3 times before surgery you will be fine I'm 2 wks post and lost 33 lbs good luck

Pre-op is definitely hard - today was 22 days for me of liquid and tomorrow starts Clear liquids surgery is Fri. I am certainly looking forward to getting on with it, I am starving yes! BUT....I guess I am just too much of a follow the rules exactly person. I have been tempted yes, my daughters B-day was last week and I cooked and cleaned up ice cream cake, aahh! But, there is just something about getting this far and the fear of complications or not being able to complete surgery, etc. far outweighs my temptations.

I know reality is, if I had one bite of something it would not cause any issues most likely....but I just want to know for myself I did everything I was supposed to do as instructed by the surgeon and that I did my best, although it is tough!

So, although a lot seem to "cheat" even several times and be fine and have no issues...I wouldnt set it in my head that its ok to cheat because if you are anything like me....if you say its ok, you WILL, maybe even more than you should and regret it. One time, youve done it....admited it and you can move on no harm.

This is just me and how I deal with it.....Im an all or nothing person, sometimes I wish I werent.

I am not advocating that cheating is ok, but I am saying that shaming yourself over it is not going to help the situation and might even make it worse. We are always our hardest critics and we have to learn to forgive ourselves.

Phillygirl8133

Thanks Phillygirl, I've lost 19 lbs so far I still have 4 days left before my big day. The closer I get the more scared I get.

Well my surgery was Tuesday the 31st. It's now the 4th and i feel great, already lost 17 pounds since Monday the 30th. The full liquid diet week was a killer. This week is not so bad. i can't wait to see what next week brings.

It depends on what your pre-op diet is.

Gatorade is considered a clear liquid. However Gatorade G2 would be a better choice.

Dont you need to check the sugar content as well? Ive been drinking alot of Powerade zero.

Dont you need to check the sugar content as well? Ive been drinking alot of Powerade zero.

At 18 days pre-op when that comment was posted I don't think that a little sugar in a drink was going to derail anything. But, yes Gatorade does have considerably more sugar than we need to have post-op. which is why I stated that the G2 was a better option.

I just saw a commercial yesterday about Gatorade having a Protein drink... It was called Reboost or something like that. Does anyone know anything about that or tried it?

I just saw a commercial yesterday about Gatorade having a Protein drink... It was called Reboost or something like that. Does anyone know anything about that or tried it?

I saw a gator aid Protein Drink at Walmart recently , but it was loaded with carbs.