Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been on an Optifast diet since July 2 and my surgery is July 30. It was hard the first week but got better. I have been tempted to eat but have not. I am amazed at myself! I guess different doctors have different requirements.

My first week of the pre-op diet has been successful....it's an 800 calorie diet and the foods are pre-packaged from my Dr's office....today has been the worst day for me....:((( i keep telling myself i only have 1 more week of this and its over....i have heard from several people this is the worst part of the surgery!

Does anyone know if we can have gatorade on a pre -op diet? I feel alittle dehydrated & I'm not big on Water. Please help me someone?

Hi

I am on day 6 of pre op liquid diet. I was told no Gatorade. I am on a carb and sugar free two

week pre op. I can use propell zero which helps. I spend alot of time outside and its been

darn hot lately.

Good luck

agreed.....don't beat yourself up over 1 cheat, just try again tomorrow and take it day by day.

Good luck!

Here I was feeling sorry for myself that my doc prescribed a 14 day liquid diet - 600 calories 80-120 grams of Protein. No sugar, no carbs. I can drink sugar free clear liquids, skim milk, and broth. I am on day 3 and days 1 and 2 have been terrible. I can't imagine doing this for an entire month. You guys are so strong. As for cheating. I think that it's important to keep our eye on the prize. I also don't see how anyone can expect a morbidly obese person to stick to such a strict diet without any other tools for managing the hunger. When I'm at work, it's ok. However, the weekend has been so hard. I am doing my best. I did cheat last night and I ate a pickle spear. It was heavenly. It's sad that I think a small pickle spear is cheating, now! Perhaps all of this is good for me after all. My frame of reference is changing.

two weeks is plenty long enough for me....whew! :))

The best way to deal with the hunger is keep yourself busy. Now we have the Olympics to watch... perhaps do some project as well.

im trying to stay as busy as i can.....we are on vacation so this is extra hard for me....but so far so good....yes, the olympics have been helping! :)

You guys have made me feel a lot better! I am on day 3 of clear liquid broth and my surgery is on Tuesday. Today after church, what does my ENTIRE family do, you guessed it, lunch! So, I ordered fire roasted vegetable Soup and just ate the broth. I have felt so guilty all day! Thank you for making me feel better.

You guys have made me feel a lot better! I am on day 3 of clear liquid broth and my surgery is on Tuesday. Today after church, what does my ENTIRE family do, you guessed it, lunch! So, I ordered fire roasted vegetable Soup and just ate the broth. I have felt so guilty all day! Thank you for making me feel better.

Are you serious, you felt guilty. Yesterday my family pulled the same move. I had to watch them, eat great looking food. Me on the other hand, I'm eating broth from chicken noodle soup and having to leave the chicken and the noodles. The waitress was looking at me like I was crazy when I just ordered a soup. Then looked at me like I was insane when she picked up a broth-less bowl with chicken and noodles.

Are you serious' date=' you felt guilty. Yesterday my family pulled the same move. I had to watch them, eat great looking food. Me on the other hand, I'm eating broth from chicken noodle Soup and having to leave the chicken and the noodles. The waitress was looking at me like I was crazy when I just ordered a soup. Then looked at me like I was insane when she picked up a broth-less bowl with chicken and noodles.[/quote']

I guess I just felt guilty that I even went! The waitress did the same to me with the veggies left in the bowl. She kept asking if I was unhappy with it. I should also mention that the soup had a giant crust of cheese on the top and... I sure did eat it! Haha! Don't put crusty cheesy goodness in front of a chubby kid! :)

Yes! The pre-op diet is the worst part of the surgery....but just keep thinking about your goals and desires....I kept that present on my mind....

You will get through this....this too shall pass....

My surgery is Tuesday and i'm starving, and I cheated a little yesterday...any help?

I cheated 2 hours ago. Just a piece of meat. I wasn't tempted, I just wanted to see if something solid would settle my stomach situation. But it didn't so I'm back on hardcore. No regret.

I am 3 days post op and the only thing that kept me going was knowing that my surgery could be cancelled if I cheated. I read where one dr. turned back after starting the surgery. Anyway hang in there it is sooo worth it. Tricks I used ... Went to bed early, stay busy, eat different broths, keep track of everything. Good luck everyone!