Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Charlotte Nc Sleevers?

I had my surgery Feb 27 by Dr Pirrello at Presby Matthews. I have to say, as an RN, I am completely impressed by his whole practice. They have called me several times to check on me. Helped me through my FMLA paperwork. Dr Pirrello and his PA saw me 4 times each day I was in the hospital. Highly recommended!

So i am one week post opand started pureed foods today....???? I had a scrambled egg with a tsp of melted cheese and 1/4 of a banana that i blended with 2tsp of soy milk and 1 tsp of natural peanut butter.........not too bad; i do think i needed to blend the eggs with a tad bit of broth or soomething cause they were kinda dry and felt a bit "strange" going down, but i ate about half the egg and half the banana and i was full.......i can also start taking my supplements today which is good because this feeling of weakness has got to go.......but doing well, i have lost 30 lbs from my high weight and 16 since day of surgery, unbelievable.........????????????????

Sent from my iPad using VST

So i am one week post opand started pureed foods today....?de15 I had a scrambled egg with a tsp of melted cheese and 1/4 of a banana that i blended with 2tsp of soy milk and 1 tsp of natural peanut butter.........not too bad; i do think i needed to blend the eggs with a tad bit of broth or soomething cause they were kinda dry and felt a bit "strange" going down' date=' but i ate about half the egg and half the banana and i was full.......i can also start taking my supplements today which is good because this feeling of weakness has got to go.......but doing well, i have lost 30 lbs from my high weight and 16 since day of surgery, unbelievable.........?de1c?de1c?de1c?de04

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Congratulations!! Every day gets better and better!! Continue to stick to the plan you are doing great.

Ok, so at 1 week post op, I am feeling great, I am still struggling to get my fluids in like i should but i pee twice a day and and i haven't had a fever or low blood pressure so i think im ok for now, but i am trying really hard. So today was the first day since surgery that I actually FELT up to doing something...so we took the kids to Carowinds, which gave me the opportunity to walk as much as possible, but i did get a wheel chair just in case, which i am glad i did because my abdomen did start to hurt after a while and i was exhausted. When we got back home, i did some pureed food for my diet next week; so here's what I did:

post-45267-13813664348561_thumb.jpg

So from top to bottom: beef from the Atkins Beef Merlot meal, its not quite "pureed" but its already pretty soft and any strands left i will remove before eating

Broccoli from the same meal, i did add alittle bit of seasoned Water that i used to boil potatoes in to getit the right texture

Canned potatoes, i boiled them in their own water and just added an extra can of water and seasoned it with salt and tiny bit of pepper then i pureed them with lowfat plain greek yogurt, and seasoned it with just a bit of salt and a tiny bit of garlic

Then here are some frozen carrots that i nuked in the microwave and seasoned with salt and pepper and added a little bit of water to smooth em out

I will freeze these and put them in freezer bags and thaw over night in the fridge. Sent from my iPad using VST

From 280 to 264 since 3/25/13...WooHoo!!!! Since i started pureed diet, i have found a new love for Hummus....whoda thunk.... :D

Well, I took my first trip to Whole Foods today.....I bought a few things for when i go on regular foods in a couple of weeks. So while I was there, my kids were going around getting samples from all of the little sample people, and we come to one table where they had different chesses and preserves to taste together, an before i knew it i had tried the goat cheese and strawberry-basil preserve......OMG, it was DELICIOUS, then i realized what i had donedde30. So the good thing is that i am on day five of pureed foods and smooth cheese is included in that, but i really thought it would have that "slider" effect but nope new tummy was fine even with the preserves.....I will definately be more careful for the next few weeks though, until i'm cleared for regular diet. But I LOVE Whole Foods...these are some things i bought to try when I can.......

post-45267-13813664543832_thumb.jpg

Slider just means that it is a food that you can eat alot of without the full feeling...usually those are foods that you should not eat often or at all. I think you are thinking of what is called "dumping" effect, which happens more often to gastric bypass patients. Us sleevers fortunately do not often have this problem, though sometimes too much food or the wrong foods can make you vomit ;) Glad you are doing so well! Keep it up :)

Hi everyone...kinda new to the site and I'm from Greensboro. My surgery is on April 25th and I'm excited. I'm glad to see there are folks in my area.

Hi all...I am in Durham....surgery on April 24 at UNC with Dr Farrell.....getting nervous!

Ok guys, here are my stats....i hadsurgery on 3/25/13

Hw: 298

Sw: 280

Cw: 258

I can now fit clothes that i had when i first met my husband, mainly shorts and stuff, still alittle tight, but i can now get them all the way up????????????

Hi all...I am in Durham....surgery on April 24 at UNC with Dr Farrell.....getting nervous!

You'll do great!!

Hello,

I'm a new to the site and was sleeved 4/16 by Dr. Parillo. I'm doing okay just feel really weak and having trouble drinking the fluids and getting enough fluids...I cannot wait to get moved to puréed

Hello' date='

I'm a new to the site and was sleeved 4/16 by Dr. Parillo. I'm doing okay just feel really weak and having trouble drinking the fluids and getting enough fluids...I cannot wait to get moved to puréed[/quote']

You will do fine. And just remember that every week gets better and better.

Thanks for the encouraging words I am feeling great! Everyday gets better and I'm finally off liquids tomorrow!