Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post-Op Food Question?

Ok, so just wondering if pickles are ok to eat after being sleeved? I love pickles and they are 0 calories, just wondering about the texture? Does anyone happen to know?

I was instructed to wait until 3 months before trying them. I eat them all the time now at 6 months post op. How far along are you?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I craved pickles like crazy post op, and starting about 4 weeks out I would kind of chew off the inside of the spears a little. Just the soft inside-- so good kept me sane. I eat pickles all the time now. Low cal and Delicious-- salty yes.

Not sleeved yet and still waiting for a date, but I was curious as I was eating a pickle last night and was like OMG can I even have one after I am sleeved. Lol...thank you for the info, I feel better now...

I could have pickles at 6weeks but had to peel them. Now at 3mths I do not have to peel them anymore. Just remember to eat slow and chew,chew, chew.

So funny that I found this post. Just yesterday I was telling my husband that I wanted to drink the juice out of the pickle jar because I wanted one so badly. I didn't do it, but I'm glad to hear that I can eat them later on. I am only one week post-op, so it won't be long now.

i posted not long ago about this and got all kinds of different comments lol!!!!some were saying heck no others were saying it was ok.i did chop some up in my tuna salad and did fine.also i got a craving the other night and drank some juice out the jar.not too much just lk half an ounce.i did ok.im 3 1/2 weeks out.

Pickles are one of the top foods I miss! But because 1 pickle has more sodium then we should eat in a day I have said my goodbyes to them :(

I love pickles and eat them often- I prefer the deli like ones but also eat the dill ones in a jar- They are very filling, satisfy the crunch factor that you often miss yet are soft enough to eat during mushies and yes they have salt in them but overall if you drink plenty of Water it's a wash... ENJOY!!

Oh my word, So glad you posted this, hehe I have been wanting a pickle for a week now!!! So happy to see I can have one soon! I'm only 3weeks out now. PICKLES are the bomb!! So has anyone had a green olive? Can we have those? I love sour stuff!

I love sour stuff too, and it is something that I wonder if I will be able to eat after being sleeved. Like what about Lemon, I love lemon on my food.

Anyone have that answer?

Oh my word' date=' So glad you posted this, hehe I have been wanting a pickle for a week now!!! So happy to see I can have one soon! I'm only 3weeks out now. PICKLES are the bomb!! So has anyone had a green olive? Can we have those? I love sour stuff![/quote']

Thanks so much for this ... I love pickles and I'm going to put them on my 4week list .. I'm about 11 days post op

Cucumbers bothered me at first, but not pickles. Once you are on solids (for me it was 6 weeks of liquids) try a bit of one out. Just don't eat the sweet ones. Cold Kosher dill! YUMMMM!!!!

I love sour stuff too' date=' and it is something that I wonder if I will be able to eat after being sleeved. Like what about Lemon, I love lemon on my food.

Anyone have that answer?[/quote']

Hi Mzluvee

Well sour stuff has caused me nothing but pain lol.... I tried oj and it hurt and I'm 11 days post-op so the nurse told me to wait till week 4 and maybe I'll be able to handle it, or for me to try low acid OJ ... I may just give up on it.... Lol

Hi Mzluvee

Well sour stuff has caused me nothing but pain lol.... I tried oj and it hurt and I'm 11 days post-op so the nurse told me to wait till week 4 and maybe I'll be able to handle it, or for me to try low acid OJ ... I may just give up on it.... Lol

Just for info sake, the fruit juices are loaded with sugar, especially orange juice. Apple juice calmed my stomach on Clear liquids, but I was instructed to dilute it by half. It still tasted wonderful. I'm 6 months out and still dilute fruit juices, but I don't drink them often because my sleeve is small and I need to give the calories to good Proteins.