Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Is Tomorrow Morning! :) :) :) :)

I had surgery last week and someone recommended biotene a mouth wash/spray that helps with dry mouth. That was a lifesaver since you can't drink for a while after surgery and my mouth was like the desert.

I also brought a heating pad and gasx chewables. The chewables were awful and I threw them up, I really think the best medicine to get the gas out is walking, walking, walking.

Good Luck! We'll be pulling for you!

Best of luck tomorrow! I'll be having my surgery the same day! I've received he following suggestions: gas-x strips, sugar-free mints, chapstick, loose clothing and a pillow for the ride home. Hope you have a speedy recovery! Look forward to hearing how things progress.

Best of luck to u! You will.soon.be on the losers bench!!

Best of luck guys! The best advice I can give you is to walk as much as you possibly can in the hospital, it will be a lifesaver for the gas! This is a new beginning for all of you! I will save you guys a seat on the losers bench right beside of me!

Good luck tomorrow!! I wish you all the best. A perfect surgery and rapid healing, as little pain as possible ;)

Thanks everybody for the prayers and good luck wishes! Surgery was 10:00 yesterday. Got out of surgery a little sore and a lot of gas but nothing too bad. Today is a little worse but not anything majorly hurting just sore. Feels like I did 3,000 sit ups and my muscles ache. I am thanking god for this website and the things I read up on what to bring. Gas X strips have helped a lot, my little tiny pillow is a life savor, I wouldn't have gotten any sleep last night if it weren't for putting it against my belly when I laid on my side or using it to get out of bed. I brought a heating pad for my back also and it helped tremendously with gas and back pain. I would feel much better once they let me have a sip of Soup or something. My leak test is in an hour but I didn't eat since 7:00 Tuesday night so I'm starving and weak.

Sounds like you're doing well. Loading up on those pain meds? (My plan). Thanks for keeping us posted---- I'll continue to watch for updates. Rest up :) YEY- YOU DID IT!

Yes :) meds are good lol! Only bad thing is I just got my leak test. I didn't get the results yet but during my EGD last week the doctor put a monitor in my esophagus to measure my acid reflex. The monitor is the size of a pen cap and he said either it'll fall off before surgery or they will take it our during surgery since I had my hiatal hernia fixed as well and it wouldn't be able to pass. At my leak test we discovered it's still in my esophagus! Doctor never took it out :huh: so I might have to go back under to get it taken out!

Good luck!!! You can do it!! Pack loose clothing for the ride home, I packed my eyemakeup to wear on my discharge day, but didnt even feel like putting it on haha!! I was sooooooo scared and freaked out the night before and the morning of! But you will get thru it! woo hoo!!!

Glad to hear that you are recovery well, and so sorry to hear about the monitor that the doctor forgot to take out. Hope they can get it out the easiest possible way.

Best of luck to you and hope you continue to recovery smoothly.

Glad it's over....yeah!!!!! So sorry to hear about need for removal of monitor. Hopefully that's just a little simple procedure. . . . and then you can have your liquids!!!

Thanks for sharing about the things you brought to the hospital (gas strips, small pillow, heating pad). . . . nice to know what works and came in handy. :) Mine is scheduled (tentatively) for Oct. 8th and it can't get here soon enough! I'm just ready to be done already!!!

Hang in there!

They did not need to take out the monitor said it should slide through so I will deal with that when the time comes. Home already thank GOD since everytime I tried to sleep last night somebody came in the room to do this and that so happy to be in my own bed. Pain isn't too bad at all feels like I did 3000 sit ups and my muscles ache that's about it. So far I haven't felt pain in my stomach from the staples like I read other people had so I am very thankful about that. I don't have a drain so I can use one of those belly binders to kindof hold everything in and it's working wonders I can get around much easier with it on.

I am so HAPPY for you.. I took the gasx STRIPS and used them.... everything else is pointless, as for me, I took the chapstick and used it also... wear loose clothes going in, and wear the same ones coming out., and THONGS (shoes) you will hate your dr when you wake up, BUT you will love him 6 months from now.! :) My Dr even told me that! Best of luck to you, keep us posted! Ü

Good luck!!!!!!

Best of luck tomorrow! I'll be having my surgery the same day! I've received he following suggestions: gas-x strips' date=' sugar-free mints, chapstick, loose clothing and a pillow for the ride home. Hope you have a speedy recovery! Look forward to hearing how things progress.[/quote']

Don't forget the belly binder...made a world of difference in my recovery! I wish you well!