Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just One Of Those Days

I must admit - I am in a funk; tired of some of the foods I eat - actually I feel exhausted by food alone.

Tired of thinking about what I should eat, how it will affect my now fragile stomach. I am exhausted from concern of how much weight I have lost - or if I will gain in back -weary about what will and will not fit and should I sell it or give it away. I have shopped in every store in the area for new cuter clothes; I am bored with them all.

This is the one place I feel safe in letting these feelings go and I know soon I will feel better and get back to the contentment of my new much healthier life - but today; I want to eat a big meal with my friends again, want to drink Coors Light on the beach till I fall asleep in the sun.

I am sure all of the seasoned sleevers know what I am talking about - I know those of you who have not yet reached this point may think I am being ridiculous - but we all know this excursion would be one of mixed emotions; and it truly is.

I am going to grab a yogurt now - take a walk in my size 14 yoga pants (the size 24's are a thing of the past) and just try to sort it all out-

Thank you for listening.

Janerose - honey.....although I am only 6 days out. ...I WANT YOUR YOGURT!! :D I have already thought about all those fun time with my girls when we go out and tear it up and drink and laugh. I have already started thinking this way and it helps ....when we do, THEY can order the big meals and expensive drinks....I will take bites from each of their plates and a few sips of their drinks and I think I will be just fine. As for the clothes...I think my new place will be Goodwill for awhile. There really are nice clothes in there if you take the time to really look. This journey for all of us is on a different time level but when I get to where you are, your post will make me smile.

Hang in there warrior.........battle on.....and I still want your yogurt! :)

You know I'm only 2 weeks and lost 25 lbs in a month and yesterday I felt great gettin back to cooking and I wanted to eat my pork and rice so bad which I'm not aloud to I'm still on the liquid thing but I know what I mean wanting to have a nice big meal **** I wish I I too can have a nice alcoholic drink lol the things we give up to live a healthier and sexier life style

I must admit - I am in a funk; tired of some of the foods I eat - actually I feel exhausted by food alone.

I was thinking this yesterday. I currently have what feels like a very limited repertoire of food and I'm thoroughly sick of it. I don't necessarily crave anything in particular, I just think, "Chicken, again. Ugh." My husband and I are slowly getting back to being able to go out (he orders and I nibble) but it's so different than the Foodie life we had before. I like good food and right now it feels like I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel. (I am seriously whining here :unsure: )

The difference between what I am supposed to be eating and what my stomach can handle is still huge, and I'm not getting enough calories. I'm sure I'm stalled because my body has gone into starvation mode, but like you, I'm exhausted by food, and not at all inclined to be hungry. Argh!!!

Exercise this morning helped, and I just found a lovely little app called SoFit that I'm going to try. I am determined to change everything about the way I live, but sometimes, I really just yearn for the mindlessness of life before the sleeve. Mind you, I'm so much happier with myself in this new life, that I truly don't want that old life back. Except maybe for five minutes while I eat something delicious. :P

Hope you enjoyed your walk. I'm off to get a yoghurt my ownself.

CE

....take a walk in my size 14 yoga pants (the size 24's are a thing of the past)

P.S. Congratulations! Think on that glorious sentence for a little bit... :D Whoo hoo. The other nice pick-me-up this week was giving away all my bigger-than-size-14 clothes to the local women's shelter.

Way to rock those skinny yoga pants.

you all have made me smile - thank you so much! I also went through all the stages of liquids and small bites - trust me there is life after the stage you are in now; you will look back and feel accomplished.

CE - glad you understand my feelings today, I do go out with my friends and order something small or healthy and bring it home for a few more meals. I drink alcohol on the weekends - but it is not the same - but my wonderful friends get me and understand - they all have weight issues so they have compassion.

Thank you all for the responses - it is what I need