Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So The Hubby Likes An Ample Rear, What If I Lose It All?

Ok, I know this is a bit much for a question and a little embarassing but it's something that I do think about. My Hubby does likes an ample bottom...lol. I kind of wonder exactly how much of it I will lose. Don't get me wrong I don't mind losing the majority of it, but I also don't want to be completely flat. So I guess I do have a little bit of curosity about that?!?!?!

I have the same fear. My husband likes my curves and is being kind of a jerk since I did the surgery last month. Sigh.

Well, if you lose more than you want you can always get butt implants. I hear a certain type of men get them to give them a "rounder" look. LOL

I have the same fear. My husband likes my curves and is being kind of a jerk since I did the surgery last month. Sigh.

MickMick, thanks for understanding where I am coming from. Glad to know that I am ot the only one with that fear :-( Sorry that your hubby is not adjusting with you, I hope he comes around. I am blessed, my hubby tells me it's all good and he is Loves me no matter what. Still that fear is there!

Squats and lunges...excellent butt firming exercise!! I'm bottom heavy - total pear shape - and ideally I'd like to keep my shape. Just less of it. Even the flattest of backsides can get some lift from a good does of squats and lunges. :P

Squats and lunges...excellent butt firming exercise!! I'm bottom heavy - total pear shape - and ideally I'd like to keep my shape. Just less of it. Even the flattest of backsides can get some lift from a good does of squats and lunges. :P

I agree with this completely =) Hit those lunges and squats and you'll be good =D

I was just thinking of an infomercial I saw for the Brazilian Butt exercise routine. It's supposed to lift and round out the butt. LOL. I would prefer to have A LOT less of mine! Sounds like your hubby is a great guy and very supportive.

Thanks for the excercise suggestion, I am definitely going to do that!!!

not sure what his deal is honestly. He says he is scared I will get skinny and leave him but I think if you dont want me to leave later, then dont be a jerk now lol.

I was just thinking of an infomercial I saw for the Brazilian Butt exercise routine. It's supposed to lift and round out the butt. LOL. I would prefer to have A LOT less of mine! Sounds like your hubby is a great guy and very supportive.

Thanks Traceyinflorida....I appreciate the words, he is a great guy and yes very supportive. I was actually thinking of the Brazilian butt exercises, just not sure if it worked...

not sure what his deal is honestly. He says he is scared I will get skinny and leave him but I think if you dont want me to leave later, then dont be a jerk now lol.

Right????? lol

He'll adjust. My husband likes big women - big all around, not just a big behind. I did this surgery for myself and my health. As I've lost weight his idea of attractiveness has gotten smaller with me. I'm still his beautiful wife and he's still happy. At various times on the journey we had to sit down and talk to each other so that he'd feel like his opinions were being heard and I think that's important. Because none of us would want our s/o to do something that made them less attractive to us, right?

That said, losing weight is better for our health. My husband has expressed some sadness over my smaller size but he's also much more attracted to how outgoing I am, how much more confident I am and yes, a lot of the clothes I now wear because I'm not busy trying to hide my figure.

And as added reassurance, what used to be a pancake butt about a year ago is now a nicely shaped behind, even if it is smaller than he'd like. Strength training (lunges and squats with weights) can help.

He may like your behind. But he loves YOU and YOU will still be there after surgery.

~Cheri

He'll adjust. My husband likes big women - big all around, not just a big behind. I did this surgery for myself and my health. As I've lost weight his idea of attractiveness has gotten smaller with me. I'm still his beautiful wife and he's still happy. At various times on the journey we had to sit down and talk to each other so that he'd feel like his opinions were being heard and I think that's important. Because none of us would want our s/o to do something that made them less attractive to us, right?

That said, losing weight is better for our health. My husband has expressed some sadness over my smaller size but he's also much more attracted to how outgoing I am, how much more confident I am and yes, a lot of the clothes I now wear because I'm not busy trying to hide my figure.

And as added reassurance, what used to be a pancake butt about a year ago is now a nicely shaped behind, even if it is smaller than he'd like. Strength training (lunges and squats with weights) can help.

He may like your behind. But he loves YOU and YOU will still be there after surgery.

~Cheri

Thanks so much, your words really put everything into perspective for me. Everything is a change that will all be for the best....

I never had a butt, but when I was fatter it kinda looked like I had some lol, now its just flat, I wonder if the squats would help.

#whitegirlproblems lmao!