Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

well all of my incisions are good except one.the main onr where the stomach came out of.it feels really sore and somewhat numb.like a knot under the incision.i did call the dr and he said its probably from the stapling inside on the muscle.i have been using this side to get up and down.is anyone else having this problem.btw i am two weeks out.

under,would be my left breast.right where the stomach is

I am 4 weeks post and I have that same pain on my right side.. Went to dr today and he said to give it time... It's very tender to the touch and sore... I have to hold it to walk

yesss linda thats exactly how i feel.i have to hold it for support.very tender too feels like a bump or something.he did tell me to put a heating pad on but geez i wanna be healed up already.i tried to put my girdle/spanx on and no way.it hurt

I am wearing a girdle to help hold it... I can walk ok when I wear it .. If I don't wear it I have to hold my stomach in that area ... I have had this since day 1...the numbness is getting a little better but even at night when I go to bed and the sheets touch that area I quickly put my hand in between.., my dr said to give it time!!! I thought 4 weeks was enough but I guess not :(

are your incisions covered?as soon as my girdle hit that part it felt horrible.i got it after one week.just wish it would heal a tad bit faster.

Yes well one is not but I put an extra bandade on the one that hurt... Oh and my girdle is not super tight.. Just kinda there for support ,..

maybe i should put a bandaid on mine then try the girdle.it does really hurt when i walk with no support.my girdle is kinda tight lol!!!well im glad im not in this pain alone.let me know when urs goes away so i can be looking forwarf to the painless day :-\

I've been having a bit of a problem with my main incision above my belly button. I'm four weeks out. It was fine the first few weeks then it started looking really red. I showed my mom (a nurse) and also my PCP, both said it wasn't anything to worry about and just use some neosporin.

A few days after that it started to get really red and painful and I could feel heat around the area (a big warning sign). I emailed my DR and CNP at 8pm and both responded almost immediately. They asked me to email them a picture. This was Thursday night and I had an appt scheduled today anyway. Dr said he couldn't tell from the pic. CNP thought it could be a reaction to the disolvable sutures but NOT an infection. She called me in an antibiotic the next morning and said she'd check it today. (Asked Dr and he agreed with that.) Between 4-5 days of oral antibiotics now and still using neosporin, the incision is looking MUCH better and they agreed today, told me to quit worrying!

Do you have the ability to email the DR and ask? Or maybe some neosporin would help. I'm a stomach sleeper so it helped if I put a band-aid on at night.

I've been having a bit of a problem with my main incision above my belly button. I'm four weeks out. It was fine the first few weeks then it started looking really red. I showed my mom (a nurse) and also my PCP' date=' both said it wasn't anything to worry about and just use some neosporin.

A few days after that it started to get really red and painful and I could feel heat around the area (a big warning sign). I emailed my DR and CNP at 8pm and both responded almost immediately. They asked me to email them a picture. This was Thursday night and I had an appt scheduled today anyway. Dr said he couldn't tell from the pic. CNP thought it could be a reaction to the disolvable sutures but NOT an infection. She called me in an antibiotic the next morning and said she'd check it today. (Asked Dr and he agreed with that.) Between 4-5 days of oral antibiotics now and still using neosporin, the incision is looking MUCH better and they agreed today, told me to quit worrying!

Do you have the ability to email the DR and ask? Or maybe some neosporin would help. I'm a stomach sleeper so it helped if I put a band-aid on at night.[/quote']

yes i did talk to my dr about it.he said that i was sore from the inside muscle part right there by the incision and from the sutures.its not red though.just really sore tender and numb.

I too had some pain from the large incision as well as a bump and numbness for about 2 weeks after surgery. At my 1 week follow up, I was told it was normal because I was given a strong numbing shot in that area (internally) during surgery and it was just now beginning to wear off. It's possible you were given the same thing. The bump also went away within a few days of that visit.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I too had some pain from the large incision as well as a bump and numbness for about 2 weeks after surgery. At my 1 week follow up' date=' I was told it was normal because I was given a strong numbing shot in that area (internally) during surgery and it was just now beginning to wear off. It's possible you were given the same thing. The bump also went away within a few days of that visit.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

u know...i did get a heparin shot right there.is that why its numb?

I had really bad pain in my right incision. When I left the hospital it looked like my surgeon had tried to sew a button on my belly, it was all pulled in an hurt terribly when I stood up especially. I am coming up on four weeks post op. Last week it was hurting so bad one day and the next day it was much better. Now it is just really tender. I think as the swelling goes down and healing continues it gets tender to the touch but you dont have that burning feeling anymore. Hang in there, it DOES get better. And by the way it is not all pulled in anymore either.

I had really bad pain in my right incision. When I left the hospital it looked like my surgeon had tried to sew a button on my belly, it was all pulled in an hurt terribly when I stood up especially. I am coming up on four weeks post op. Last week it was hurting so bad one day and the next day it was much better. Now it is just really tender. I think as the swelling goes down and healing continues it gets tender to the touch but you dont have that burning feeling anymore. Hang in there, it DOES get better. And by the way it is not all pulled in anymore either.

Did your surgeon use sutures or staples? Mine used staples, and I have to say they were much more comfortable than sutures. No pulling feeling at all.