Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Kim And Forest Park Medical Center

Thanks for sharing this information! Is Dr. Kim's cost still $12,500? Price is only one factor for me.

Like Funkeechiggen said, it is $12,300. The $300 is for the liquid diet, then you write him a check for $5000, and Forest Park gets $7000. That is the self pay price. I don't know how it works when insurance is involved.

To all of you that are self pay-

you are paying for TWO days at Forest Park. Tell the patient advocate you would like to stay your TWO FULL days. Otherwise they'll boot you after one. Hospitals love to shove people out too quickly. I did not feel like going ANYwhere after one day. It's really nice there too. I didn't want to go back to the hotel right away. Just FYI.

Like Funkeechiggen said, it is $12,300. The $300 is for the liquid diet, then you write him a check for $5000, and Forest Park gets $7000. That is the self pay price. I don't know how it works when insurance is involved.

Thanks Dooter! That is exactly what I was wondering! :) Insurance isn't going to cover any of the cost, so I will be self-pay. Do you know if they accept Care Credit?

I travelled from Albuquerque to Dr. Kim, and He wanted me to stay in town for a week, or almost a week. I ended up staying that long just because I didn't feel well enough to drive back just yet.

I stayed at the Hyatt Place right near Forest Park. It was nice.

Thanks again for the information! What are BENDS classes and how did you complete them living away?

Thanks Dooter! That is exactly what I was wondering! :) Insurance isn't going to cover any of the cost, so I will be self-pay. Do you know if they accept Care Credit?

I THINK they do...I'm pretty sure I saw CareCredit ads in there. Feel free to call the office. They're good about answering questions like that. They're very patient. I sent an email like.....once a week containing at LEAST 10 or 15 questions. ;)

Thanks again for the information! What are BENDS classes and how did you complete them living away?

I don't even know what those are. I went there on Friday February 10th for the first time, saw Dr. Kim, David Kellenberger, Pam the dietitian nurse lady, did some pre op stuff at Forest Park, then Monday the 13th I had the surgery. Badda Bing, Badda Boom. I could have gone home Friday, but opted to stay in town through Monday. Saw David K one more time and went home.

I was sleeved by Dr. Nicholson on 6/19. I was a self-pay using Care Credit, very easy to use and pay that way. I travelled from Minneapolis. His cost was 12,500 and that included three nights at the Hyatt Place right by Forest Park Medical Center. Wonderful Hospital, wonderful care! My best to you!

I don't even know what those are. I went there on Friday February 10th for the first time, saw Dr. Kim, David Kellenberger, Pam the dietitian nurse lady, did some pre op stuff at Forest Park, then Monday the 13th I had the surgery. Badda Bing, Badda Boom. I could have gone home Friday, but opted to stay in town through Monday. Saw David K one more time and went home.

Thank you! You seem to be doing amazing! Did you have any complications?

Thank you! You seem to be doing amazing! Did you have any complications?

Not a one. I took GREAT comfort in Dr. Kim's complication/leak rate. The national average for leaks and such is 1%. His is .01%, so anytime I started to feel really nervous or freaked out, that thought was very calming.

I am doing very very well. Almost 80lbs since February! I was hoping for 60 by October. I blew that number right out of the water! ;)

Not a one. I took GREAT comfort in Dr. Kim's complication/leak rate. The national average for leaks and such is 1%. His is .01%, so anytime I started to feel really nervous or freaked out, that thought was very calming.

I am doing very very well. Almost 80lbs since February! I was hoping for 60 by October. I blew that number right out of the water! ;)

Dooter, that is very impressive and inspirational! Congrats!! Can I ask if there was anything that has really surprised you about this journey? Also, do you have loose skin?

Dooter, that is very impressive and inspirational! Congrats!! Can I ask if there was anything that has really surprised you about this journey? Also, do you have loose skin?

Surprising? Hmm.... Just the change in attitude about food and exercise (for the better), but i was hoping for that. Other than that, I did so much research and reading on here, that everything that happened was right on par.

I'm 42, so I do have a little loose skin, but i'm working out like a fiend, and I'm going to wait a good year or two AFTER my goal weight is reached before I panic about it. The body has an amazing ability to do things you don't expect.

Feel free to PM me with any questions. I'd be happy to share :)

FYI - BEND classes are the diet/exercise/nutrition classes required for insurance purposes. Since you're self-pay you probably don't have to attend - lucky you!

I have Aetna and they require you to complete a 3 month physician-supervised diet & exercise program as part of the approval process. There are other checklist requirements as well such as weight history from PCP, cardiac clearance for surgery, EGD.

It seems like 3 months will be such a loooooong time but then I think about the fact that summer is more than halfway over and my daughter goes back to school in 4 weeks!! Three months will fly by!!!

I go to DFW on business every so often and just planned trips to accommodate the three classes. My last one is tomorrow at 1:00.

I'm going w/ Dr.Kim as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that my surgery goes through on the ins end(it was submitted yesterday):-)