Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30% Of Body Weight - Gone!

As of this week's weigh in, I have officially lost 30% of my body weight. And today the scale was at 200.8. I am this [ ] close to Onederland!!! Oh how happy I am. I still can't believe this is real and it feels so good. So to Celebrate, I'm heading to the gym!

Onederland, here I come!

Wow great job! Actually you're .. This close lol.

When did you have your surgery? Have you been a fanatic exerciser etc? What's your secret lol

Surgery was March 7th. I'm not a fanatic exerciser, just 3 times a week sometimes 4. I think it's the quality of my exercise. I'm doing mostly strength training and I can FEEL the difference in my body. It's not just weight loss. It's muscle toning, body sculpting, and weight loss mixed together. Plus, I don't eat a lot of junk (can't really. It makes me sick). Just yesterday I went to Rita's and got a cherry/vanilla gelati. I had maybe 5 bites of it and had to give it to my husband. The sugar just sits weird in my stomach. So I'm a grilled meat/veggie girl. No fast food, fried food, and very little sugar.

Hells yeah chica :D. Keep up the awsome work. Congrats. Onderland is waiting for you

Awesome "celebration!" as a kid I learned to use food as a reward. I hope I have killed that notion for good.

I would've gone for the chocolate cake but sugar makes me sick so I can't. I'm so disappointed :(

yeah, NOT! LOL

Good for you, I can't wait to get there!!!

Nothing wrong with enjoying fruit instead of cake or ice cream to celebrate! These days the fresh fruit tastes better to me, anyway.

Congrats on a great start! I'm always in awe of folks that start to enjoy exercise post surgery. It just didn't happen for me.

In any case, you're looking great and doing fabulous. Keep it up!

~Cheri

As of this week's weigh in' date=' I have officially lost 30% of my body weight. And today the scale was at 200.8. I am this [ '] close to Onederland!!! Oh how happy I am. I still can't believe this is real and it feels so good. So to Celebrate, I'm heading to the gym!

Onederland, here I come!

I think that's awesome. I am 5 wks post-op today. I went last week and got weighed in, and I had only lost 3 pds in 3 weeks, but the first week I lost 15, then they said I had 2 1/2 pounds of Fluid, and was down from 48% body fat to 46, only 2 points lost there. One more week has gone by and I have only lost 1 more pound, but I must say I have lost inches. Did anyone else start out slow like this? I just started to exercise, because a week after the surgery, everytime I would walk I was getting winded, and that didn't happen before the surgery. So I started out at 240, and I'm at 221 right now. I don't eat much and am trying to keep my carbs down, and Protein up, but I can't seem to find a Protein Drink low in carbs, I bought pure Protein Bars, thinking they were a good source, but then the carbs were high. The NP at the Dr's office said they should be over 5 carbs each. HELP, I don't want to blow this. I want the weight to come off, and I want to succeed.

I see all these people with such great success stories, and I want to be one of them. Any low carb, high Protein ideas, please let me know. Also, just so you all know, I was also sick with a bad summer cold, and was in the hospital after surgery two weeks later, because of the shortness of breath, and they did an EKG on me and that read different on one of the lines then it did prior to surgery. I have to have a stress test, and a Echo done. I'm just now getting to where I'm feeling better. I have been super tired, and my Vita D was low, protein was low, and Iron. Have any of you had a rough time since your surgery. Any info will help, and any encouragement is more then welcome. One other thing...can the stomach really stretch back out,and could that happen right away? I'm already freaking out if I get a spoonful too much...UGh....

The Protein that I like is the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup and the chocolate but most of the time I drink Premier Protein that I get from costco. Only 5 grams of carbs and 1 gram of sugar. My Protein levels are perfect, so it seems to be working. I'm not sure about the stomach stretching. My guess is it can only stretch but so much. It'll never stretch back to where it was before.

It's funny, I felt like the weight was coming off pretty slowly at first then all of sudden I realized I had lost 40 pounds, then 50, and so on. So I would focus on eating what the doc says you should eat, getting in your protein, getting in plenty of Water, and take your Vitamins. Also, really work on walking. You should also ask your doc about lifting light weights. Do some 5 pound bicep curls, chest presses, shoulder presses, whatever he clears you for. Any exercise you can do is better than no exercise at all.

Can't wait until I get to be in your shoes! Congrats!

The Protein that I like is the unjury chicken Soup and the chocolate but most of the time I drink Premier Protein that I get from costco. Only 5 grams of carbs and 1 gram of sugar. My Protein levels are perfect' date=' so it seems to be working. I'm not sure about the stomach stretching. My guess is it can only stretch but so much. It'll never stretch back to where it was before.

It's funny, I felt like the weight was coming off pretty slowly at first then all of sudden I realized I had lost 40 pounds, then 50, and so on. So I would focus on eating what the doc says you should eat, getting in your protein, getting in plenty of Water, and take your Vitamins. Also, really work on walking. You should also ask your doc about lifting light weights. Do some 5 pound bicep curls, chest presses, shoulder presses, whatever he clears you for. Any exercise you can do is better than no exercise at all.[/quote']

What is Unjury chicken soup and chocolate? I will have to look for the Premier Protein. I don't have a costco here!! I plan of doing a lot of swimming and as soon as I get the clear to go excerise at the gym I will. Could you maybe give me a menu of what you eat daily. Any ideas and something different would help. My protein was low and i want to keep that where it needs to be. Thank you so much for getting back to me. I appreciate it!!

What is unjury chicken Soup and chocolate? I will have to look for the Premier Protein. I don't have a costco here!! I plan of doing a lot of swimming and as soon as I get the clear to go excerise at the gym I will. Could you maybe give me a menu of what you eat daily. Any ideas and something different would help. My Protein was low and i want to keep that where it needs to be. Thank you so much for getting back to me. I appreciate it!!

Hey guitar819,

Injury is a whey Protein powder. You can add it to any liquid that you think it would taste good with. My favorite flavors are vanilla and chocolate splendor. It also comes in strawberry, chocolate, unflavored, & chicken soup. It's 20 grams of protein per scoop. I also enjoy EAS Carb Advantage shakes which come in chocolate, rich dark chocolate(I dislike this one), vanilla and strawberry..and are tasty and convenient! You can purchase Unjury from their website: www.unjury.com..they also have a sample pack to can purchase to see which flavors you will like..I would highly recommend doing that first. If you wan to try the EAS it is easily found at Walmart, Target,& at our local Kroger. Hope this helped!