Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 5 post op.. Had my 1st BM today.. It consisted of a lot of brown "pieces" but there was no odor.. But l do feel great inside.. Just wondering about everybody else snd their 1st BM.. Was it similar??

I'm day 7 and still nothing. Just started taking stool softeners. Did it hurt?

day 8. still waiting.

Newbie... It did not hurt at all.. There was a lot of gas that accompanied it, but no pain.. As a matter of fact, l have now pooped a total of 3 times now today..! My insides feel great

Funny how something you take for granted before seems so important now!

To be completely honest, I had diarrhea but my surgeon told me that it was probably some left over junky stuff from the intestinal lining. Its completely normal for you to not have a BM for several days or even a couple weeks. I've had surgery a lot and with the sleeve, it's a major surgery, plus the pre-op diet, as well as the anesthesia. It takes a year for the body to completely rid itself of the anesthesia. We lose it through our hair folicles and pours. I am only 3 weeks our from surgery and I have only had 1 or 2 "regular" bm's. I still have diarrhea well, more loose stools than regular bm's. It takes awhile for the body to readjust! Best of luck to you!!!

Ok this is gross but I'm putting it out there...

Day 3 and 4 diarrhea! Night of day 4 was horrible- constipation- looked like 2 jelly Beans.

It's day 6 and have normal bm's- but I have been on purées and liquids since my op!

Angie... Day 6 and you have BEEN on purees??? Wow.. I envy you.. My Dr says l need to be on a liquid diet for 2 weeks before l start purees!!!!!!

I only had one bm and it was bad I'm ready to start my purée diet Already I had a bit of an egg it went down ok and some potatoes salad that's ok too Wensday can't come fast enough

Yeah it's weird, my day 1 in hospital I was given to have - ice cream, custard, jelly, chicken creamy Soup, apple purée and orange juice. I think I dipped my finger in the Soup but couldnt down anything. I also have a cappacino which i only had about 5 sips and wasn't sure how my stomach was going to react with it.

I'm from Australia, and I know a lot of doctors only allow liquids for the first week or two. My dr said I was good to go the next day.and got discharge from hospital 24hrs after surgery.

I'm day 5 today am on purées for 4 weeks and then can start my soft diet.

You poor things. I feel lucky now!

You guys are so lucky getting purees so soon. I have full liquids till the 31st. That's when I meet with the NUT to get the ok to move on.

So bizarre discussing BMs with a group of strangers - yay Internet!

I had diarrhea at the hospital and for the first couple of days home. Today (6 days post surgery) I had my first almost kinda sorta normal BM. I mean, I'm on liquids - I wouldn't expect it to be normal.

To the person who got ice cream at the hospital: I kind of hate you. :)

Hallelujah 8 days post op and finally! I feel so much better; was starting to get worried there was a problem.