Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had an appointment with my nutritionist yesterday. I told her that I was planning on having a Protein Bar for Breakfast every morning. She told me that instead she would have a Greek yogurt. To me, the Protein Bars are way less in carbs, and high in Protein. Does anyone use protein bars? What's your thought about my nutritionist's advice?

I've been eating Protein bars to get extra Protein because I find it impossible to get 60 grams in one day. I do no use protein powder! Every kind I tried had a smell that I couldnt get past. Anyway, it takes me literally all day to get down one Quest Protein Bar. I also planned on eating one for Breakfast until I realized how long it took me to eat one!

I sure wish I liked Greek yogurt because that seems to be a staple for a lot of people. Ugh! It has such a strong aftertaste. Yuck.

I've been eating Protein bars to get extra Protein because I find it impossible to get 60 grams in one day. I do no use protein powder! Every kind I tried had a smell that I couldnt get past. Anyway' date=' it takes me literally all day to get down one Quest Protein Bar. I also planned on eating one for breakfast until I realized how long it took me to eat one!

I sure wish I liked Greek yogurt because that seems to be a staple for a lot of people. Ugh! It has such a strong aftertaste. Yuck.[/quote']

You might want to try Chike Meal Replacement shakes. So far I've tried the banana & the chocolate, they haven had that "whey protien" smell. The banana kinda smelled & tasted like banana pudding.

As far as protien bars, my experience is that they seem to be pretty high calorie for the amount of protien. I have a few I use, but I don't think I'd make it a daily thing.

I'd be interested to know what Protein Bars people are using. Not looking for it to be a staple, but would like to have it as an option at times when I'm on the go. Looking for a decent amt of Protein without a gazillion carbs. Prefer no more than 200 calories.

The latest for me is the premier protien. They are a bit high on calories (about 280-290) but they also have 30 grams of protien. Not a bad idea to break these in half.

I am glad I am not the only one disgusted by the smell of whey. I am also looking for a Protein bar so it will be interesting to hear the responses. I currently drink Premier Protein premade. I cannot do the powder either. This alone eliminated the nectar Proteins.< /p>

I eat a Protein bar almost every day for breakfast. Working full time, it's an easy way to get my protein in. Also easiest thing for me to have on the run. I eat several different brands, but only buy ones that have at least 18 gr protein. I also put a half scoop of choc. Protein Powder in my coffee and blend with a beverage frother. Gets me about 30-40 grams of protein for the morning. Has worked for me.

I just made my first batch of homemade Protein bars! You can make them small and they are great.

I just made my first batch of homemade Protein bars! You can make them small and they are great.

Can you share the recipe?

2 cups of instant oats, 4 scoops of Protein powder of your choice, half a cup of Peanut Butter. && add Water to mixx it up to a sticky consistency. Spread it out and refrigerate for a few then cut into pieces. :)

Jaymzee, thanks what do you think calories are for each bar? Carbs? Appreciate your recipe :)

I think the calories are about 230 and the Protein is about 18 per bar. I don't know the carbs though because I'm not really counting them. Sorry.

I think the calories are about 230 and the Protein is about 18 per bar. I don't know the carbs though because I'm not really counting them. Sorry.

All good, thanks for sharing. I think I will try them this week. Currently only using premiere and would like a change :)

I like the "Think Thin" Protein bars found at Kroger grocery near the organic/natural foods. The Brownie Crunch has 230 Cals/8 Fat/25 carb/0 sugar/20 protein. I think our store carries 3 different varieties. One is Peanut Butter but can't think of other. I keep them in my purse for those "times" that I need some protein and have nothing else with me.

I eat the Atkins bars. The "meal" ones have higher Protein. But they are all low carb and low sugar. Not sure about the calories. I'm more than a year post op so I can eat whole one in a 30 min span if I pace myself.