Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I like almost all of the Atkins Protein bars, they are 150-200 calories and 10-13 grams of protein. They have daybreak bars in cranberry almond and Peanut Butter fudge crunch with 2 net carbs and they are delicious for a breakfast on the go. The most decadent protein by far are the Power Crunch Bars they are basically a form of wafer cookie and really good. I only allow myself One Bar a day and still drink one shake with 25 grams of protein.

I am in LOVE with Power Crunch bars, they are yummy. vanilla, chocolate, Peanut Butter and Cookies n Cream. I have gotten several people hooked on them. I find mines at 24hr fitness, trader joes, GNC, bariatric pantry, rite aid or Vitamin Shoppe. YUMMMY seriously

I just wanted to mention if you get the Fage plain Greek yogurt it has 100 calories, 7g of carbs and 18g of protien. That is what I eat and I add a Torani sugar free syrup( black cherry/rasberry) . Hope you find something you like. Good luck.

Tara

I've been eating Protein bars to get extra Protein because I find it impossible to get 60 grams in one day. I do no use protein powder! Every kind I tried had a smell that I couldnt get past. Anyway, it takes me literally all day to get down one Quest Protein Bar. I also planned on eating one for breakfast until I realized how long it took me to eat one!

I sure wish I liked Greek yogurt because that seems to be a staple for a lot of people. Ugh! It has such a strong aftertaste. Yuck.

i’m not a shake person so its hard to take just interested in how you make yours?

For me I got sample packs of PhD I only use 150ml of milk for 1 and half scoops of powder so it’s a small thick shake.< /span>

I throw the milk in the blender and the powder whiz that up for a good 3mins then toss in a couple of ice cubes and whiz its up for another 3-5mins and pour over some more ice.

That consistency is more along the lines of melted ice cream than shake and I can pretty much manage drinking it.

The flavours I have are chocolate orange with normal milk and chocolate cookie with hazelnut milk.

They have all kinds of flavours vanilla chocolate mint white chocolate etc and do a new diet kind with green tea in it and less calories my choc orange is diet.

I can’t stand a unblended shake or just Water that’s disgusting to me and putting it in a shaker and shaking is not good enough it’s blended or no go.

I have tried about 5 Protein Bars they are super sweet and odd tasting to me not tried any oat ones but so far they are not for me!

Greek yogurt is really high in Protein and an unprocessed source as opposed to a Protein bar. I am guessing that is why she suggested it. I eat a lot of greek yogurt sweetened with sugar free syrups and it is rich and creamy (not for everyone though).

I have tried a few protein bars. The only ones I didn't mind were the Quest ones, and I warmed it up in the microwave. Just make sure your read them because a lot of them are just candy bars in disguise.

If you want to go with a bar I would go with the Atkins or South Beach. Most Protein bars have a ton of carbs, even the ones that have alcohol sugars. You are better to go with a plain Greek yogurt and a fruit. The fruit is a complex carb which is better than the sugar in most protein bars. Also, sometimes our Timmy's don't like protein bars, too sweet.

Macadamian cliff bar is amazing. But sadly high in carbs.

250cal/9gprotein :(

Could some one tell me a Protein bar they use? I have read a lot of labels in the store and they all seem to have high carbs. Do u guys just eat 1/2 the bar. I was also thinking of making my own. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Tara

Could some one tell me a Protein bar they use? I have read a lot of labels in the store and they all seem to have high carbs. Do u guys just eat 1/2 the bar. I was also thinking of making my own. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Tara

Sadly, most Protein bars are basically candy bars in disguise. Also, make sure to look at the Fiber count. I don't use protein bars, but I know the Quest ones are high in protein, but extremely high in fibre which changes the net carbs of the bar. Sorry NenaLinda, but that bar is not a good choice, too many calories and low in protein. Like Fluffy said, greek yogurt with fruit is actually a better option, more protein and complex carbs in the fruit...although not as portable as a bar.

I make my own Protein bars so I know what's in it.

I was not trying to insult you. You posted 250 calories and 9 grams of Protein and did not specify what it was for. If that is for a bought bar, I am sorry, but to me, those stats aren't great. Maybe a treat.

I love Quest bars, all flavors. I eat one a day, more or less (frequently start one and finish it the next day). I also eat Greek yogurt, but I hide it in a smoothie since I don't like the flavor/texture of it "as is."

Good smoothie basic plan: Some fruit (I use whatever's in season, currently blueberries and peaches), a couple of ice cubes or some frozen cherries, almond milk, about a cup of spinach (yes!), some sugar-free Torani Syrup (currently using peach or black cherry), zap and enjoy. I sometimes throw some raw almonds in there if I want a little texture, or a couple tablespoons of salt-free white Beans (yes!) if I want extra protein/fiber. You CANNOT taste the veggies, although it will turn a rather interesting color from the spinach. Just close your eyes--it's delicious. And for the most part, it's real food that won't make your nose tell your mouth not to put it in. :-)

Edited to add: This smoothie technique has fruit in it; it's not "low-carb." If you're counting carbs, might not be the best choice for you. I've never counted carbs or calories, but if you're concerned, the total amount would depend on the type of fruit, almond/soy/coconut/dairy milk you use, and whether or not you add the Beans (I would, for the Fiber alone, but that's just me--they will up the overall carb count).

Tara

I use the Premier Protein bars. They are high in calories. But they also pack in a lot of protien. 280-290 calories for 30gram protien. Probably a good idea to cut these in half.

I just started making my own Protein bars. The ones I make using the Promasil chocolate Protein powder is very close to 18g Protein, 10g fat, and 6 grams of carbs. The size is comparable to the Atkins bars. Mine are about 4"l x 2"w x 1/2 thick.

The best advice is to check out how easy it is to make on youtube. For me in my fridge it stays for 4 days. But thats only cause I make small batches. Btw you can always add or sub ingredients to adjust for your needs

Check out this video on YouTube:

Edit: also you could add any liquid or Vitamin powders to this as well. I dont know if any of you are willing to buy bulk powders but its way cheaper and pure.