Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 29 years old and have struggled my whole life with weight fluctuations. I've always exercised but struggled to lose weight. In the last one and a half years I have exercised twice a day Monday to Friday, morning training was an hour of intense crossfit and in the afternoon I would go for a run. Saturday was 2 hrs of crossfit and Sunday a 10km run. My weight has stayed at 93kg. I'm a qualified chef so I know what's good for me and what's not. As you can imagine I was getting very depressed. I refused to go out to restaurants or even go on any social events as I was so unhappy with myself.

My partner's dad had just had a sleeve due to his diabetes. So it was from watching him lose all of his weight that I knew that this would be my answer.

I spoke to Dr Liew and explained my story. I was so happy when he said yes, he will do this operation for me.

The night before my operation: I hadn't slept for a few nights thinking about 'Cathy the catheta'. It scared me thinking about what the pain is like having it put in and having it pulled out. I was really terrified, I didn't even end up having one.

The day of the operation: after waiting an hour in the waiting room at the hospital I was called up and ready to go. Inside I was freaking out and just wanted to cry. The nursing staff were lovely and made me feel a lot better.

The operation went well, and I felt as anyone would after an operation. I had intense pain from what felt like reflux below my chest that lasted until I fell asleep that night. The morphine helped eventually.

The next morning: I woke up fine, wasn't in pain, my pain was a 1 out of 10 pretty much the whole day. I was given a buffet of icecream, puree apple, custard, jelly, chicken Soup, OJ and coffee. I had 1/2 a tsp of jelly and custard and that was it really. Oh and the coffee about 5 sips, it was sooo good, but was scared to have more not knowing what my stomach will do or if it will like it. The nurse took me on walks up and down the corridor and I sat most of the day until I was sent home that afternoon.

My first night home: I slept flat and woke up at 1am with chronic indigestion. It was horrible, I had to sit up and try to walk off the pain. It took about an hour to go away and ice cubes helped.

Today (Day 3 after the operation): I slept on an incline and the indigestion has subsided. Things are feeling a lot better.. I can't wait until I start seeing results!

You are an excellent, descriptive writer. Best of luck on you new journey.

I am planning my VSG in September.

We start out on Clear Liquids and Jello here. Where are u from?

Awesome, I thought so! Would love to visit Australia... Its on my bucket list.

Thanks Chad, I'm from Australia.

Good luck in September.

Hi angie pang- well done you! Good luck in your journey. I'm at a similar weight as you, and you are one of the few on here who I see work in kg's too! Join our July sleevers thread or our fb group if you like- lots of us there for support!

What kinds of Protein Shakes are available in Oz? I'm interested as I may visit a pal in Geelong sometime soon.

I've been following an Australian girl on tumblr who has had an amazing VSG journey- her blog is really fascinating. Her tumblr name is treadmillionaire if you're interested.

Welcome to the losers bench!

Thanks Chad' date=' I'm from Australia.

Good luck in September.[/quote']

Hey! I'm in Melbourne! Thanks for sharing your story!

I take nexium every night before bed, surgeon said for the first 3 months.

Hope your recovery is quick! I'm 3 and a bit weeks out and 12 kilos down. 103 to 91!

Cheers

PP I use resource Protein and maxines burn, but we have GnC's here as well so u should be able to get what u want!

Hi angie pang- well done you! Good luck in your journey. I'm at a similar weight as you' date=' and you are one of the few on here who I see work in kg's too! Join our July sleevers thread or our fb group if you like- lots of us there for support!

What kinds of Protein shakes are available in Oz? I'm interested as I may visit a pal in Geelong sometime soon.

I've been following an Australian girl on tumblr who has had an amazing VSG journey- her blog is really fascinating. Her tumblr name is treadmillionaire if you're interested.

Welcome to the losers bench![/quote']

Thanks Smoggy, I will defiantly join the group. I had a look at treadmillionaire...wow amasing! She has reassured me that I wont have trouble getting back into crossfit. I wasnt sure how my energy levels would be. She looks fabulous.

I'm taking 'optifast' shakes at the moment, available at any chemist. The chocolate and coffee flavours are the best.

I'm on the Gold Coast so if you ever come past, give me a shout.

Hey! I'm in Melbourne! Thanks for sharing your story!

I take nexium every night before bed' date=' surgeon said for the first 3 months.

Hope your recovery is quick! I'm 3 and a bit weeks out and 12 kilos down. 103 to 91!

Cheers

PP I use resource Protein and maxines burn, but we have GnC's here as well so u should be able to get what u want![/quote']

Thanks Petite-Size-me!

Wow congratulations on yor weight loss. I'm very excited and can't wait to see the change. And shopping :)

Thanks for the advice i will go check out GNC's. Thanks