Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have You Ever Had Something You Weren't Supposed Too? Please Share ;)

I wanna know if someone has had something they weren't supposed too.

and that it made you feel bad or it got stuck.

I've over eaten a few times and ended up throwing up. But I can't say there is anything I "can't" eat. I've tried every kind of food and I've been fine.

I haven't posted it yet, but as th 6 month anniversary of my Mom's death approached, I began to eat badly.Old habits die hard. back on track I hope.

I had a small bowl of butter pecan ice cream at about 4 weeks out. Big mistake! It was so damn good going down but my sleeve wholeheartedly rejected every ounce of it after about 3 minutes. Let me tell you, butter pecan is not as good coming back up! I now realize that I am lactose intolerant and that I can not and should not do anything that rich and sugar-filled ever.

Pookeyism - this is one of the scenarios that made me finally decide to go through with surgery, even though I am losing weight pretty well this year. Did you find that the sleeve helped you cope with the overeating at all, or was it ineffective during your stressful period? Or did you simply eat the WRONG things?

I had an orange and it gave me diahhrhea

I had two hersheys chocolate squares. Gave me diahhrhea

I had a fried chicken Wing... Terrible heartburn

Garlic powder. Terrible heartburn

I have yet to throw up... But when I eat things I shouldn't it's either heartburn acid reflux or diahhrhea.

I tried to pot roast 2 months out and it got stuck and I slimed for 1 hour. horrible!

Pookeyism - this is one of the scenarios that made me finally decide to go through with surgery' date=' even though I am losing weight pretty well this year. Did you find that the sleeve helped you cope with the overeating at all, or was it ineffective during your stressful period? Or did you simply eat the WRONG things?[/quote']

The sleeve has not been helpful during times of stress. I'm a food addict and I still want to eat even if I can't. My therapist says they did the surgery on my stomach and not on my brain. She is so right about that. I'm having my ups and downs with my food addiction but overall I'm doing pretty well thanks to the sleeve.

Sure. I've done it. Although, I did not cheat even a little on the pre op or post op diets. Too important. I was scared straight at that point. I still am, but will occasionally indulge a craving to prevent an all out explosion.

I've never thrown up, or slimed or gotten stuck or anything like that. That may be unfortunate, because sometimes I need extra motivation to NOT do something ;).

That said-- when I HAVE eaten the "forbidden fruits" I have made a point of logging the offending item on MFP which I keep open for all to see, and telling my husband I'd had it. This is a big deal for me, as I was a food hider. Nobody ever saw me eat very much or very much 'bad' food. That's because it was mostly on the sly.

None of it has made me sick though.

bread, Pasta, rice, any sugary foods, fried foods make me vomit or feel terrible for hours like I want to vomit.

Let's see I had sardines in Water which I thought would be ok and vomited.

I had two cheeto puffs that melt in your mouth and vomited.

I had two lime tortilla chips tried with my refried Beans and vomited only the chips.< /p>

So needless to say now I know better