Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Are The Best Gastric Sleeve Surgeons In Mexico ? Decisions Decisions!

Ask me any questions....by far. My pick is dr. Kelly. Its been two weeks, and it was a amazing opportunity to have this surgeon and team for my band to sleeve revision. I could not be happier with omar, cece and dr kelly. Im down 20lbs in 14days, just icing on the cake

As a fellow Newby was anything Newby wrote inaccurate? She wrote:

"[i don't want to] have my sleeve surgery done in a Strip Mall clinic (like Alamanza and Jerusalem Hospital)" Are Alamanza and Jerusalem in Strip Malls?

"[i don't want to] use a surgeon that doesn't have a lot of experience (like Garcia and Lopez.)]" How many procedures have the "named practices" performed compared to the 3 most experiences Sleeve docs in Mexico? Have Garcia and Lopez performed even nearly as many as the 3 docs with the most # of successful procedures? Here I will define success as "less than 2% bad outcomes or complications per 1000 sleeves performed.

Newby also wrote "My life is definitely very valuable to me and I'm not willing to risk it!" She's not telling anyone else what to do. She didn't say that if you chose a doc with less experience you value your life less than hers. I think anyone who read that into her words is allowing their own insecurities to pop-out. She's just stating for herself that she wants one of those docs with the greatest # of successes. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Thanks, Newby, for putting forward your personal list in which you speak for no one except yourself. I too don't want to get surgery in a Strip Mall or receive aftercare in a recovery center that was robbed. I also don't want surgery by a surgeon with less experience compared to others. I don't think the way you wrote your email was insensitive at all and I glad to have the information you wrote as it is information I was unaware of and NO ONE says what you wrote was inaccurate.

Mark Twain: "Insensitive is what they call you when they can't call you a liar."

PS: My LapBand was done by Dr Ariel Ortiz in 2003 when he was one of the priciest. I got good surgery and free fills for a few years, which was good. But his office kept no charts and it was up to me to remember the dates and fill amounts of my adjustments and to report them to the doctor at fill-times. They had no records and no idea! Also, I was in a hospital room in August with no air conditioning. That's what top-dollar bought and that's why I'm doing quality-hunting AND bargain-hunting for my sleeve. Thank you for your original post.

I've decided to have my gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico and I'm really excited. I've been saving up for surgery for almost two years now and I think this will be life changing for me.

I've been reading through hundreds of posts the last few weeks and have done outside research as well. I'm price sensitive but I won't save a few dollars and have my sleeve surgery done in a strip mall clinic (like Alamanza and Jerusalem Hospital) or use a surgeon that doesn't have a lot of experience (like Garcia and Lopez.) My life is definitely very valuable to me and I'm not willing to risk it!

I've created my master gastric sleeve surgeon list and I'm thinking about using one of the following:

[*]Dr. Alberto Aceves

[*]Dr. Guillermo Alvarez

[*]Dr. Ariel Ortiz

[*]dr.  Ponce de leon

[*]Dr. Liza Maria Pompa Gonzalez

They all have amazing reputations according to everything I've read and researched. They also operate out of real hospitals and not out of a garage!

Are there any other top top mexican surgeons I should be adding to my list for possible consideration ?

We have to be very careful in how we ask questions. Members here are not only "americans" there are also "latinos" like me that can feel offended about your derogatory comments.

I think the consensus would be that ur OP needed only the list of doctors you are considering and a request for any experiences with those doctors. 'naming an shaming' other people's doctors would be insulting the choice they made previously and definitely would get their backs up.

I had my surgery in Australia, but would probably be offended if someone denegraded my choice of surgeon for whatever reason.

Whether it be truth or not, there is a considerate way to address topics and a sensitive way to treat people.

I hope you get the experience you are looking for.

Dr Garcia is awesome and he's done a couple thousand surgeries. I'd say he's pretty experienced and the hospital was great. 2 nights in a real hospital with Garcia.

Wow! That's like being on a car forum and asking which is better' date=' Chevy or Ford?[/quote']

I fail to see the comparison. Of course Ford is better!

Friends don't let friends drive Chevy's:D

As a fellow Newby was anything Newby wrote inaccurate? She wrote:

" have my sleeve surgery done in a Strip Mall clinic (like Alamanza and Jerusalem Hospital)" Are Alamanza and Jerusalem in Strip Malls?

" use a surgeon that doesn't have a lot of experience (like Garcia and Lopez.)]" How many procedures have the "named practices" performed compared to the 3 most experiences Sleeve docs in Mexico? Have Garcia and Lopez performed even nearly as many as the 3 docs with the most # of successful procedures? Here I will define success as "less than 2% bad outcomes or complications per 1000 sleeves performed.

Newby also wrote "My life is definitely very valuable to me and I'm not willing to risk it!" She's not telling anyone else what to do. She didn't say that if you chose a doc with less experience you value your life less than hers. I think anyone who read that into her words is allowing their own insecurities to pop-out. She's just stating for herself that she wants one of those docs with the greatest # of successes. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Thanks' date=' Newby, for putting forward your personal list in which you speak for no one except yourself. I too don't want to get surgery in a Strip Mall or receive aftercare in a recovery center that was robbed. I also don't want surgery by a surgeon with less experience compared to others. I don't think the way you wrote your email was insensitive at all and I glad to have the information you wrote as it is information I was unaware of and NO ONE says what you wrote was inaccurate.

Mark Twain: "Insensitive is what they call you when they can't call you a liar."

PS: My LapBand was done by Dr Ariel Ortiz in 2003 when he was one of the priciest. I got good surgery and free fills for a few years, which was good. But his office kept no charts and it was up to me to remember the dates and fill amounts of my adjustments and to report them to the doctor at fill-times. They had no records and no idea! Also, I was in a hospital room in August with no air conditioning. That's what top-dollar bought and that's why I'm doing quality-hunting AND bargain-hunting for my sleeve. Thank you for your original post.[/quote']

U left out the part about insinuating anyone would have a surgery done in a garage, which is offensive. It is like u wanna back someone up and quote them, but ignore what is considered offensive. Whatever, smh

I had lap band done by Dr Ortiz in 2007. I went to him because of his reputation online.

I felt his bedside manner was just so so. He was also very expensive.

I just had a revision done with Dr Garcia last week. his price was great & he has an excellent & caring bedside manner. Stayed in a hospital for 2 nights & hotel for 3 nights. His nurses were also great. I felt no pain. In my opinion he Is one of the best in Tijiuana.

I had lap band done by Dr Ortiz in 2007. I went to him because of his reputation online.

I felt his bedside manner was just so so. He was also very expensive.

I just had a revision done with Dr Garcia last week. his price was great & he has an excellent & caring bedside manner. Stayed in a hospital for 2 nights & hotel for 3 nights. His nurses were also great. I felt no pain. In my opinion he Is one of the best in Tijiuana.

Hi lulugirl,

I too need to have a revision from lapband to sleeve and was considering Garcia. If you see this how did it go? Were there complications removing the band? Thanks for any help you may provide I am very nervous to get it removed.

I am having my surgery done by Dr. Perez in Cancun, Mexico.

I chose him because of his credentials and also because I am in Florida and do not want to travel all the way to San Diego to go to Tijuana.

Going to Cancun for vacation or surgery? I'm in!! :)

I just had surgery in TJ by Dr. Lopez and his wife Dr. Osuna. It had absolutely zero to do with price point. I was Originally going to have surgery in Baltimore for 23000 dollars. I however am a extremely impatient person and I didn't want to go to nutrition classes and psyche evaluations and pad all the US doctors friends pockets unnecessarily. I had an absolutely wonderful experience with no complications and one of the less expensive doctors. I also booked surgery exactly one week before I had the surgery performed. Which for me the week wait was too long. The care was so great I plan to spend the money I saved with my surgery on a lift and tuck when I lose weight. I plan to go back to TJ to have that as well.

Dr Garcia is awesome and he's done a couple thousand surgeries. I'd say he's pretty experienced and the hospital was great. 2 nights in a real hospital with Garcia.

I went with Dr Garcia as well and am very satisfied with my surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I fail to see the comparison. Of course Ford is better!

Friends don't let friends drive Chevy's:D

Oh thems fightin words!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am two day post op and very pleased with the care and my surgery. My doctors were Lopez and wife Osuna. They are just awesome. I will be back for a Tummy Tuck and boobs in a couple of years. I went through Ready4Achange for scheduling Good luck to all.

Glad to hear you did well Aprilsolea. I was hoping you too had as great a experience with them as I did. Have a good time recovering on the beach in Puerto Vallarta. That sounds like its going to be rough to take, lol.