Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Me Not So Horny......

All, I'm 5 months post op and reading about others getting horny. I don't get it. I have no sex drive at all. My husband is wonderful and has been a rock for me and my family. He is the best partner, father and emotional support a gal could ask for. I find him to be adorable and handsome and sexy much of the time but have no energy or desire to do anything about it. We both have always led very stressful lives which may be the cause however I was hoping to feel the sexy horny thing but it's not happenin.

Anyone else had this?

All' date=' I'm 5 months post op and reading about others getting horny. I don't get it. I have no sex drive at all. My husband is wonderful and has been a rock for me and my family. He is the best partner, father and emotional support a gal could ask for. I find him to be adorable and handsome and sexy much of the time but have no energy or desire to do anything about it. We both have always led very stressful lives which may be the cause however I was hoping to feel the sexy horny thing but it's not happenin.

Anyone else had this?[/quote']

I an in the same boat pretty much at 3 mos post op. Don't know what to do about it - was hoping to hit the point where everyone else is but it's just not happening.

I have lost all my drive even what I had before surgury. I'm not quite sure what to do about it either. It's like the thought doesn't even cross my mind anymore. It's a little scary becuase I'm only 25 and what if this surgury has damaged my sex drive for life?

I am like this...sometimes, not always tho, it is weird. We have to realize our bodies are going thru some serious changes and our libido will be back, just be patient! Think how much better we will feel about ourselves when we arent carrying around a 100 extra lbs ( my situation ) I was always so self concious about how I looked so it was hard to relax an enjoy intimate times.

PCOS and then the following menopause crashed my libido straight into the ground. Since I've been losing weight and exercising like a fiend, It has come back with a vengeance! I thought it was permanently broken. Are you exercising? You might want to see your doc and he may do some bloodwork or refer you to an endocrinologist for further testing? Could be hormonal.

Also, check out this website. There are some great articles and advice as to where to start as far as consulting your doc.

http://www.womentowomen.com

I agree with Dooter,exercising helps you to have more energy,stress also could be factor too .

From a nurses prospective, yes, everything is changing including hormone levels. Every system in our body is dependent on the other systems and their hormones. The sudden weight loss can be percieved by the body as a stress, eventhough we know it is a good thing for us. Stress plays a gigantic role in the proper functioning of our body's hormones, not just sexual hormones either. Find ways to reduce stress and in the meantime try to enjoy the wifely duty anyway. You may find it just takes a little initiative to press the old buttons! Otherwise, you can have your hormones tested. I would suggest finding someone that does saliva testing. It tests the hormones that the body has uptaken from the blood stream. Whereas, most MD's test blood levels, which does not tell you if you are using the hormone on the cellular level. I worked for a practicioner that specialized in the natural hormone replacement therepy and I am a full believer! Been there done that and hubby and I love it! Can't wait till I get my new sexy body to go with it! :wub:

I can totally relate. I don't feel it's weight related. I do feel it's stress related. With all things going on work, home, school, blah blah blah. I just feel sometimes sex is the last on my list of things to do. Something that works for me is I schedule mini get always even if it's just overnight. Just me and the hubs. That seems to do the trick for me, the reckindeling of romance.

My libido is very up and down. Some days it's all I can think about. Other days, I don't even want to be looked at. I feel sorry for my hubby because he is gorgeous and sexy and tries, but sometimes I'm just not there. Ughhh...It's frustrating! Lol. You're not alone.

Sex? Whats that? This is why I'm so glad I married an older man. . .his sex drive is waning and mine has always been non existent. . couldn't care less about it (I'm amazed we had 2 kids lol) . . he is my best friend and i find doing other stuff, like hugging, holding hands, going out, and just being together much more rewarding and fun then hopping into the sack for sex. . I have always found that part really boring (sorry but it's true)

Ok you guys, I hope that after I'm sleeved, my sex drive doesn't take a nose dive. I'm already scraping the bottom of the barrel to make it happen. To be honest with you I can't put my finger on why I can't get in the groove. My husband works out and his body is the bomb dot com (at least in my eyes). I look at him and think "man I want to get it on", then I think about the energy it would take to do it and i'm like "nah, I'll pass" lol. I don't exercise, and now that I think about it, when I was exercising I was more into it. I just don't have the time now.

Can't believe I am posting here in the ladies room but here is a guys experience with it... sorry!

Everyone knows the birth control can have an affect on your drive. My girlfriend had one of the arm implants. That thing was aweful for the drive. She was gaining weight with it and that didn't help her mentality about it. She had it taken out and started taking a pill (can't remember which one). Her drive got better and she started losing a little bit of weight. It's still up and down at times but I think that is normal anyway. It could be four times a day or 1-2 times a week so it varies. So I guess she had to find something that didn't kill the drive with the hormones. I could also tell a huge difference with her overall mood and mentality with that implant. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide kinda deal.

Exercise is definitely gonna help. It helps with the stress and all kinds of blood flow and hormones so I try to get her to walk a couple miles with me lol! Its kind of a win win hahaha!!

Hope things get straightened out for you girls...

I wish mine would drop some. I've always had a very healthy appetite. Stronger than my husband's lol. In fact 90% of our arguments are about me wanting more "attention". So I'm at 3 months. Hoping for a dip.

I wish mine would drop some. I've always had a very healthy appetite. Stronger than my husband's lol. In fact 90% of our arguments are about me wanting more "attention". So I'm at 3 months. Hoping for a dip.

Hilarious!! That is a very good problem for him to have! I haven't even had the sleeve yet and from what I hear from most guys is that their drive increases a lot afterwards so.... I may be in trouble!

It is funny how people are so different about certain things

Thanks all for weighing in. Your insights are very helpful!