Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Loosing Weight Too Fast?

Can this be true I weighed 362 day of and it's not been a whole week I'm @ 340 same scale same clothes is this too good to be true!!!

Nope, not too good to be true, but be aware that some of that weight is probably Water weight and you may bounce a little bit. :) Enjoy your journey! You're on your way to a happier, healthier life!! :)

That is fantastic and fast, but as Lissa points out, don't expect it to go that fast every week or for months at a time!

The initial loss is usually quick dramatic due to many reasons. You're losing Water, so that is quick. You're eating VERY little post-op as you begin healing and learning what you can and cannot tolerate. You stomach is quite swollen, so you capacity is tiny. It will get bigger and you will eat more.

On the flip-side. Those of us who have more to lose (starting with BMI >45 or >50) tend to lose faster. It's probably tied to the fact that our new calorie intake is so dramatically less than what we were eating prior to surgery, just to maintain our larger size! Now we're eating tiny amounts and still having to use up energy to move our big bodies around. This creates a significant calorie deficit, and the only place the body can turn to for that energy gap is our fat!

Which is fantastic! That's what we want! Use up that fat darn it!

Beware though, as we get smaller, our calorie requirements decrease, and our food intake will remain roughly the same. That means a smaller calorie deficit and slower loss. That's usually why VSG patients have to "crank up" the exercise as they get closer to goal. To introduce more of a calorie deficit (we can't cut back on our intake, after all, it's already very low!).

Enjoy your "shotgun" start!

And keep up the great work!

Thank you ladies I almost fell out today!!!!

Congratulations! That is an awesome start to your journey!!

So happy for you!!! Congratulations!

Thank u everyone for support I'm so excited. One thing I've always wanted to do was being able to fit into cow girl boots but legs are too big I want that as my first gift to myself something miranda Lambert would wear!!!!

That's still a victory congrats

That is awesome. I had my surgery same day as u and have only lost 4 lbs since surgery And 12 lbs on post op diet. How much did u lose on post op diet? What and how much r u eating/drinking a day? And how much r u walking? I am getting all my fluids in And most of my protiens but not getting a whole lot of walking in just yet. Just still too fatigued since surgery.

Wow that's great!! I am a may sleeved and only lost 40 pounds so far

ONLY 40 pounds? 2 months and 40 pounds is FANTASTIC! Have you lost this much this fast before? I hate the word only. Celebrate every pound you lose and know it won't come back.

I can all ready see you in those boots! You go girl, enjoy this journey!

What a wonderful goal to have! Miranda Lambert boots! I love it!

Mine is to wear a swim suit on the beach without a neck to knee coverup. Doesnt have to be a bikini, just cute and where everything is not falling out of it! I am most definately a beach girl and my weight has always dampened my fun! LOL

I hope u get out to that beach soon