Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Compair Our Packing List

So I'm trying to make I don't forget anything I may need at the hospital since I live 2 hours away and I don't want any company its not like if I forget something I can run get it. I'm not sure if I'm forgetting anything important or not so every body help me out. Maybe my list will help you too. O.k I have tooth paste/tooth Brush, pillow and snuggie, panties/socks x2, 1 change of clothes for the ride home, p.j pants/robe for walking the halls, also slippers, deo, hair brush, Shampoo and conditioner if you are like me you will want to shower, chap sticks for the dry lips after surgery, my meds just incase they need them, cell phone charger, and gas x strips. Heard they are much needed after the surgery. Please let me know if I'm missing anything or if I'm over board. Lol thanks sleeve friends.

Thanks for this! I'm having my surgery next week and haven't even thought about what I need to take. I guess I should buckle down, ha!

That list looks good- those are the items I used. The gas x strips are very much needed. You will be glad that you brought them.

My list:

Brush

Toothbrush/paste

Deodorant

Pillow

Pj pants

T-shirt

Slippers

Chap stick

Gas x strips

Phone charger

Headphones

Heating pad

Undies

hair ties

Lotion

I plan on wearing what I wore to the hospital home. Also make sure you have your Vitamins ready to go for when you get home. You don't want to have to run out for them afterwards.

The other dooter said that biotene mouthspray was a life saver for that first day when you have cotton mouth. Others said an extension cord so you can keep your phone by your bed charging. Maybe a book or some magazines too? Good luck! See you in the other side!

Be aware if your abdomen is REALLY swollen the comfy pants you wore in might not be as comfy on the ride home. I was sure glad bought a pair with me that were really loose post my pre op diet.

I have had previous major abdominal surgeries. Pajamas sound nice, but the reality is the hospital gown was most practical and comfortable, in and out of bed. Bring a robe if the hospital doesn't have them. It's just a day or two, wouldn't invest in too much on new stuff. When you get home, super stretchy jersey pants and oversized tee will be most comfy until you start getting out of the house. I would definitely aske the surgeon about an abdominal binder. It supports and protects, when you start going out.

If I could add, consider bringing your CPAP machine and mask if you use CPAP pre-op for sleep apnea.

good luck everyone! I'm on for July 30th...

:0)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Great list. You might want to check out the stickied thread at the top of this page called Everything you need for the hospital checklist. Lil Miss Diva created a Word document that has pretty much all that stuff plus some other things on it. You can download the list (complete with check boxes!) and customize it to make sure you cover everything that's important to you. Good luck!

I packed a gown, robe, slippers, hairbrush and toothbrush and toothpaste.

I was in the hospital for 3 days and never did get into my own PJ's, I feel so bad for 3 days I just stayed in there gown and went home in there now. I was going to take a shower there but they tell me that as a no I did not have to over exert myself, so I waited till I got home the next day.

Great list. You might want to check out the stickied thread at the top of this page called Everything you need for the hospital checklist. Lil Miss Diva created a Word document that has pretty much all that stuff plus some other things on it. You can download the list (complete with check boxes!) and customize it to make sure you cover everything that's important to you. Good luck!

Maybe I'm being special here, but I cannot figure out how to get to this checklist. Help!

You're special, sr910, but not little yellow bus special. If you're on your phone, those threads are on a different tab labeled "Stickied" rather than at the top of the page as they are on a computer. Here's the link:

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/10081-the-official-what-you-will-need-for-your-gastric-sleeve-surgery-thread/