Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Light Headed, Heart Palputations, Dizzy

Today I went to a local buffet and got "very little" piece of baked fish, 1 broccoli top (steamed to mush), cabbage leaf, and tiny piece of beef that was steamed. They fixed me a sweet tea in stead of unsweetened and didn't notice till I got back to work. I ate less than 1/2 of the food when my heart started pounding and didn't stop for about 45 minutes. I've been light headed this past week. To the point of blacking out when I stand up. I can sit back down and get up easier and it seems to subside. I've had diarrhea since last Friday. This is week 4 since surgery. I have a dr's appt tomorrow afternoon for a checkup on the sleeve but don't know what to ask as far as what 's causing it. Is there anything I need to ask him in particular?

I'm down 52 lbs since pre diet and down 17 since surgery day. Still not getting enough Protein I know. It feels like a broken record trying to find something for that so thats why I eat the fish.

Down from a 26/28 to an 18/20.

I hate that when Im hungry and I try to eat, it feels like my throat is closing in a charlie horse. I hit my chest sometimes trying to make it stop. Is this normal and does it go away?

Last, there is a bad pain when I stretch, have sex, lean or cough on my left side just left of my navel and up about 2". Feels like the fat is being ripped from the inside of the skin. Very painful. I've read on here that about pain in this area...is it normal and how long does it last?

Is there a good "cookbook" I can buy for making meals for me post gastric sleeve. I see some online but want it in a book.

Thanks, angie

Be very up front about what you are feeling with your doctor. They may order more labs to see if there is something to be concerned about.

I never felt the way you have described what you are going through, and I would be concerned as well. You may be dehydrated since you have had the runs.

There are recipe books for bariatric surgery patients, maybe check Amazon.com and there is also a recipe section here on this board. The website "The World According to Eggface" has lots of ideas and recipes as well.

I would say make sure you are taking all your Vitamins and Iron at night as well as 70-80 grams of Protein daily and at least 64 oz of fluids.

Let us know how it goes...and good luck!

I've had the same experience and it is when I eat too fast and/or am not paying attention and eating. I find I need to wait about 4-5 minutes between bites so I know when I am getting full. If I eat even one little bit too much I get the pain, cannot burp, try sitting up very straight or getting up and walking and no relief and then twice it has resulted in a spasm attack and dry heaves....not fun at all. I am not able to take in more than about 3 ozs right now...all depending on what I'm eating. I hope this helps. I'm almost 4 weeks post op. Also, it sounds like you might be dehydrated with the lightheaded feeling and diarrhea. I too have the same pain but it is located close to my incision site so you are not alone....what did your doc say??

Let your doctor know about your symptoms. I had similar ones and it happens when I am dehydrated. Stay on top of your fluids. I also had heart palpitations when I had ingested too much sugar (a bite of vanilla ice cream) thought I was gonna die! I get dizzy when I don't eat much and workout too much, my sugar drops, so I carry emergency glucose tabs. I learned what my body is doing in different situations, since you are so early out, let you doctor know. But drink fluids and make sure you eat.

Asked the dr about it this week- he just smiled and said dliw down on eating and was partially from the sweet tea.

I have the pain exactly where you say. I have an incision there too that is so tight, that looks almost as a second belly button. I was told that was the incision where they took out the removed part of my stomach. I take Tynelol when it hurts. My Dr.'s assistant says it will go away with time.