Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Naughty? (I Need A Woman's Opinion)

I am posting this here becuase i am really only looking for the ladies' opinions. And I know that if I toss up a good question, you ladies will hit it out of the park. Besides with a post title that has the word naughty in it... you know it will get lots of traffic.

Here is the deal. I am married, happily, for 24 years. I am not looking to hook up. So why do I feel a bit guilty spending so much time on a web site chattin' with the girls? This site is mostly women. I am spending way too much time in the "Powder Room." (the forum site, not the restroom). Readng all of your secret little thoughts. Maybe one of you will let something slip and then I will be able to figure you women out.

And I do go to all the other forums as well, I am not just hanging around this one. But I am spending a lot of time talking with girls - something I have not done in a long long time.

So let me have it ladies ... is it wrong to be spending so much time chatting with my new lady friends?

(PS- you are supposed to say no)

Women cannot complain about men anymore until they start getting better taste in them.

There is nothing wrong with lurking in the powder room and as long as you are not having any discussions that are inappropriate it is fine.

The conversations are mostly light hearted and should stay that way - as long as there is no stepping outside the boundaries of what most of us would consider appropriate behavior on this particular forum.

Sometimes we need to discuss certain things that do include sex and our bodies in this new realm. We all know this is a public forum, so those that don't want to participate don't have to!

no U fine girl lol

Too funny I had to laugh out loud...I think you are fine as long as the conversation is innocent. You know when things are getting out of line and if the line of innocence is being crossed. So, ultimately it is up to you to keep the conversation clean and the other party on the straight and narrow if needed. I am far from an expert but I am married and this is something I would tell my own husband... :D

I think this in the not looking to hook up sense is fine.

There is nothing wrong with a platonic friendship with females, often helps with a different perspective when dealing with your loved ones.

Also women are great, who wouldn't want to hang around us:)

All good as long as all understand the boundaries.

If your online life is starting to interfere or preclude your face-to-face life, there is a problem.

(I'm one of those difficult women who can't do what some man tells me to do.)

If the conversations you are having are ones you wouldn't mind your wife reading, I don't think there is a problem. If you try to hide it from your wife, there is a problem.

If you would rather go online than talk to your wife, there is a problem.

I think early on, I was a bit obsessive about this site. I came here more than I went to Facebook. But even then, I did it at times when my husband wasn't around.

I am very aware of my use of electronics in front of my husband (and so is he). He gets jealous of my iphone and my kindle and my laptop. I try to have times where I don't use them at all. But even when we go out to eat, I need to get on my iPhone to log my food at MFP.

Ok ..here's my thoughts...

1) I let my husband have full access to everything I do online and vice versa ..if you are trying to hide something..it's wrong.

2) I don't discuss anything online with anyone that I wouldn't discuss with my hubby..if I did ..it's wrong.

3) Refer to the above rules and you should be fine!

Online support can be fun and helpful..but always remember the ones in front of you, living, breathing, touchable..are most valuable to you!

Pretty much what everyone else said!

So why do I feel a bit guilty spending so much time on a web site chattin' with the girls? This site is mostly women. I am spending way too much time in the "Powder Room." (the forum site, not the restroom). Readng all of your secret little thoughts. Maybe one of you will let something slip and then I will be able to figure you women out.

1. We may "play" women on the internet, but you never really know.

2. Most women are un-figure out-able. Because most women think like women. Even women who don't think like other women cannot "get" women. (I've been told I think like a guy - that's probably true because I sure as heck don't "get" women.)

3. It is healthy to have friendships with the opposite gender. It is not healthy to misunderstand the difference between friendships and other -ips. My "BFF" is a married guy currently trying to nurse his mid-life crisis with a new Mercedes convertible and a few Kid Rock albums.

4. We are always intrigued by that we cannot understand, or cannot have.

5. I talk to guys on this board as frequently as I talk to women, I think. Honeslty, I don't really pay attention to someone's gender and "goosey15978" doesn't tell me much. I don't care if someone is a male or female, if I can help them I will try.

6. Something is not a problem unless it's hurts you, or hurts someone else.

I think I took your message with more of a facetious note than some of the others who have responded. Perhaps that was in error considering the type of advice you're getting. If you meant it in even slight jest, then - hoorah. ;)

Sorry, a guy chiming in here. Pipula is on the right track - simply ASK your wife what SHE thinks, if she objects and you value your relationship then STOP, if she has no objects than proceed with caution, remember fire is a good thing but can lead to some pretty severe burns too :)

specialK1960 - - -ok NO, it's not wrong chatting with us gals. . .you said yourself that you are happily married for the past 24 years and NOT looking to hook up (I think that would be another forum though). . . it's just fun chatting with new found friends and such. . . I chat to alot of different guys here as well. . . I tell my hubbie about them and he has no problems with it. . . (as long as they stay in the computer of course LOL). . . We are a great support team here for everyone! We learn from each other and we share our victories, sorrows, angers, and joys. . . we are a little family, so continue to enjoy your chats with us. . . your NOT naughty. . .