Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a stricture it's no big thing they put the scope down yr throat and balloon the opening it's out patient

I had the procedure this morning,,it's not about that. I was told I had a stricture so I went through the egd and had an area that was ballooned,,then my family was told afterwards that nothing was found but they ballooned an area anyway?? I was just confused. Dr went onto tell my family he took lots of photos and they said he seemed defensive. I just didn't understand why,,I'm just overthinking. I'm cool now..it's over.

I have had esophageal stricture my entire life and generally have an EGD every 4-5 years or so- I am having 1 next month post VSG- becuase I too am having things feel "stuck"... It isnt bad and it isnt a death sentence- you will be amazed at the relief you feel afterwards- I dont think it is from the actual surgery though...I also have suffered with auto immune issues my whole life and with RA and scleroderma it isnt fun... the EGD has just become a peice of my life same as the ECHO, labs, sleep studies etc... VSG wont change them.. but i wouldnt trade it for the world...

peacequeen....glad to hear you are doing ok. If you did have some narrowing that might have caused the difficulty swallowing and food going down, I hope that this dilation improves that for you.

At least you are done with this procedure and can move on.

Hope you feel better soon!!

I am glad to hear that the balloon stretch isn't too bad. I have a stricture and go in for stretching on aug 10th.

Do you have to eat soft foods after or can you return to normal the next day?

I am glad to hear that the balloon stretch isn't too bad. I have a stricture and go in for stretching on aug 10th.

Do you have to eat soft foods after or can you return to normal the next day?

They told me to eat soft foods and take it easy the day of.

(((((Hugs))))) you are such a trooper hanging in there. I'm so sorry to hear about your strictures, but I'm glad they figured of what it was. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that thy will have an easy time stretching it and all will go back to normal for ya.

They told me to eat soft foods and take it easy the day of.

I have a Stricture too a large one! I have been stretched 3 times. Not much relief. We are doing a revision bypass in August to go around this problem. I was sleeved in November 2011. I have lost right at 92 pounds as of today. I hope after u get this fixed I can Make the scale move more an use my tool as it was designed to use! Good luck. You know ur body better than anyone. When something is wrong let them know. Keep pushing until u get answers

I have a Stricture too a large one! I have been stretched 3 times. Not much relief. We are doing a revision bypass in August to go around this problem. I was sleeved in November 2011. I have lost right at 92 pounds as of today. I hope after u get this fixed I can Make the scale move more an use my tool as it was designed to use! Good luck. You know ur body better than anyone. When something is wrong let them know. Keep pushing until u get answers

So sorry you are going through that. Wishing you the best for the upcoming surgery! Congrats on the 92 pound loss,,that's great!

Good luck Peace Queen! You'll be back to 100% in no time!