Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 Days And Getting Sick Of Soup!

Am I supposed to be having Soup still, I am so hungry !!! What r u eating at this time? 2 weeks out don't want to get too full and Hurt my self , do get gas boubbles with every bite .., ;( I am burping a lot I wonder if that is normal or a sign that I am eating too much

I have tried malt-o-meal. It is really good and feels me up really fast! I didn't have gas or bubbles but I would think the bubbles come from taking in too much air. I also eat with a baby spoon.

Well after 1 week out I was actually allowed to have mushies (yogurt, pudding, full liquids, purees, etc.) I don't think I could have lasted liquids that long! When do you get to go to the next phase?

Soup can get boring. Have you tried different flavors? Can you tolerate cottage cheese, greek yogurt, Protein Shake made with Water? Maybe a sugar free popcicle would help :)

Am I supposed to be having Soup still?

That depends' date=' what does your Dr/NUT diet plan recomend?

I am so hungry !!! What r u eating at this time?

I was doing puréed and mushies, but I was also cheating. So I don't recommend doing that.

That depends, what does your Dr/NUT diet plan recomend?

I was doing puréed and mushies, but I was also cheating. So I don't recommend doing that.

What do you consider cheating? I ate three shrimp for lunch and was wondering if I was cheating but I didnt hurt and my sleeved liked it...:)

I had surgery on the 10th and am still on full liquids.days 3-14 full liquids, then days 15-30 will be pureed. So far as Soup all I have tried so far is creamy chicken that I strain to remove all the little chunks. One 10 oz can makes me 3 meals or tries. So little fills me to the top and hey I think this sleeve might work as it hurts if it gets a little to much in it. I can just tell when that last sip is enough already. I can have yougert, sf pudding any Protein Shake with skim milk,any sf flavored waters, sf Jello, sf popscyles, Tomato or v8 juice, skim milk. Takes alot ot sipping to get in 48-64oz liquid and working to 45-60 gm of protein.Day 15 I start pureed foods. I am looking forward to real food, Beans and eggs umm!!! Things I would not put on my plate a month ago.LOL What a difference this sleeve is making. So far I am down 10lbs and that is great for me. Hope you can have something besides full liquids soon. I think I would call the surgeon's office Monday morning if they did not give you a handout diet progression list. Good luck to you. I burp quite a bit too.

@bmooney....sounds like our docs/NUT read the same manual. that's exactly my diet plan to day. I'm excited about the pureed foods stage coming in a couple of days so I can put something besides chicken broth and pudding/yogurt in my tummy.

I'm still not hungry but I have to pay attention and eat (or rather drink) on schedule. I have been craving liver and onions for some reason. I'm going to give it a go at a puree on Tuesday and see if that does the trick.

My husband has forbidden me from buying another can of Soup, tomatoes or crystal light. Everytime I go to the store, I bring something back. Our cupboards are bursting at the seams! LOL

I have discovered that one of the reasons I'm so hungry (post op day 6 and like you on liquids) was because I am not getting enough Protein. I unfortunately started to cheat and have actually put myself back on liquid diet. One thing I am trying is Protein Powder mixed in so I am getting enough protein intake in a day. However one thing you can do is take a stew Soup or chicken noodle and blend it, it will have a cream consistency which makes me feel fuller. I also drink Protein Drinks, Isopure protein drinks, can't get enough of the sugar free popsicles and Jello. If you're able to get down the 32 ounces of Water without difficulty, call your doctor he may bump you to puréed foods.

What do you consider cheating? I ate three shrimp for lunch and was wondering if I was cheating but I didnt hurt and my sleeved liked it...:)

If you are 2 weeks out from surgery, yup, that's cheating.

If you are 2 weeks out from surgery, yup, that's cheating.

Wow...my doctor told me to try soft foods...scrambled eggs, etc...so I figured it was soft when I chewed it really well. Why is this a bad thing? I am trying to understand if you can tolerate it what is happening by cheating???

Thank u ! Yes I am supposed to be doing liquids for 3 weeks! But it is almost like my body is asking for more .

I just tried creamy Tomato Soup on the go. It was del. I am sure I will be sick of Soup soon, but right now it is good. I have found that the Jello sf pudding and jello are better in the ready made indiv. containers in the cold food area. I try to get yougert with 5 gms or less of sugar and that is hard to find. I found some Fiber 1 strawberry that is only 50 cal. hope it is eatable. The sf popscycles are pretty good. Sf FF fudsycles are on my list but I have 2 bags of popscycles so I have not bought any yet. I guess at this time Protein Shakes are the only way to get the Protein we need or added protein powder.< /p>

Greek yogurt is the best. Highest Protein of the yogurts. I buy the plain and add a little bit of orange and lemon crystal light in it. It tastes just like a dreamsicle. Also I tried the blue berry smoothie recipe using greek yogurt that someone posted on here. I added a scoop of unflavored whey protein isolate to it which doubled the protein. I had to split is up into two Snacks, but it was delicious.

I'm looking forward to pureed food. I've been CRAVING mashed potatoes, but my husband is against them because of the carbs and sugars. I was wondering if adding a scoop of unflavored protein powder would help it out w/o changing the taste too much. Has anyone done that yet?

And yes, SF pudding and Jello keeps me going, but I lean more to the savory side and I'm goosing my Ninja to purree some meat!

My nose runs when I am full, I know its weird but yeah.. strange...

Here are some suggestions that helped me variate things besides Soup and Protein drinks...

String cheese, spaghetti sauce with cheese melted over it, mashed cauliflower, applesauce,cooked squash or pumpkin, grits, refried Beans (you can thin them with some chicken or vegetable stock of they are too thick), soft boiled eggs or scrambled eggs blended

you have to be creative.... you will only be able to have a few bites and that is totally normal but sometimes a few bites of something in between the soup routine is just what you need as a pick me up... Good luck!