Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg!!! Tonight I realized that one of my fave foods is a perfect sleeve food!!....CRABS!! (or crablegs!--whichever!). I bought some frozen snow crab legs from the store and steamed up three clusters. I could only eat 1 1/2 clusters & I was stuffed! They were soooo yummy!! And they are perfect for the sleeve because they are full of Protein, easy to chew (tender), and they force you to eat slow! I'm so happy I discovered this tonight! I was getting kinda tired of tuna!

Yummy... Coincidentally I just posted a recipe on another thread where you can make crab legs in a crock pot. Glad you enjoyed it... I'm gonna try this recipe later this week!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/462005-how-to-cook-crabs-in-a-slow-cooker/

I love crab!!! Glad to know you found something you love to get you through

Omg!!! Tonight I realized that one of my fave foods is a perfect sleeve food!!....CRABS!! (or crablegs!--whichever!). I bought some frozen snow crab legs from the store and steamed up three clusters. I could only eat 1 1/2 clusters & I was stuffed! They were soooo yummy!! And they are perfect for the sleeve because they are full of protein' date=' easy to chew (tender), and they force you to eat slow! I'm so happy I discovered this tonight! I was getting kinda tired of tuna![/quote']

Yum! I'm getting a little tired of tuna myself. I didn't realize I could purchase frozen crab. Thanks!

Yummy... Coincidentally I just posted a recipe on another thread where you can make crab legs in a crock pot. Glad you enjoyed it... I'm gonna try this recipe later this week!

Thanks Jennifer! I'll have to give this a try!!!

I agree! Thanks! I will check that out! Anything to save this mama some time! :)

OK - I'm going to have to try crab! Its the time of the year when my husband and his best buddy go crabbing every weekend. We get Dungeness around here. I wasn't sure how it would sit with me but now that I know someone who has tried it I am going to try it too!

Crabbing season opened here in the Pacific Northwest a couple of weeks ago and I've been stuffing my face full of crab! I made crab cupcakes last week (with won ton wrappers) and they were delish!

My fave too!!

Omg! I can't even imagine fresh dungeoness!! I have only had frozen here (and it is still good!).

Where can I get this crap cupcake recipe?! You have me interested!! :-)

Well, I kind of made up the recipe. I've made some of Emilybites.com cupcakes (lasagna and taco) so I followed her basic premise.

Spray cupcake tins with Pam

Preheat oven to 375.

The mixture I used in the cupcakes consisted of cooked crab, flaked/chopped; sautéed green onions and celery; old bay seasoning, and a block of cream cheese, softened. Put one won ton wrapper in bottom of muffin tin, some of the crab mixture, another wrapper and more crab mixture. Sprinkled the top with some panko bread crumbs mixed with old bay seasoning and drizzled a very small amount of olive oil on top. Baked for 18-20 minutes.

I will say that they are awesome fresh out of the oven, but not that great reheated the next day.