Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 Months Out - 1 Year Vacation Contrast (Long, Xpost)

That is wonderful...you are doing great. It sounds like you had the time of your life.

I have my new beginning starting on the 17th...super excited to fill my new life with lots of fun.

Best wishes for your continued success and to having more FUN!!!

All my best to you and good luck!

Thanks so much for the support. I just noticed that you are in VA too. I'm in Yorktown...not too far from you. My sister lives in Richmond.

What a small world !!!

How different can a vacation look year to year? My pre-op and recent op friends' date=' you have no idea.

Last year and this year in July we took my nephews (9 and 10 this year) to Myrtle Beach. Here are a few differences.

Last year I was about 400 and this year 245.

My swim trunks were 6x last year and 1x this year.

Last year I went in the ocean with my nephews and was scared to death I wouldn't be able to keep my balance and get out of the Water - much less be a good guardian for them. This year, I was having the best time in the Water ever. I'm planning to resume SCUBA in a few months, so this was confirmation that I'm on track.

Last year when my nephews wanted to go to the water park, I had to say no and face their dissapointment. This year *I* got on the slides. I'd say they were more excited than I was, but that would not be true. I was grinning ear to ear and behaving 20 years younger than I did last year.

I was having food funerals this time last year. This year I stuck to my guns and did a pretty darn good job staying on track with my diet - and I really didn't feel more than a twinge of desire for anything not on my plan.

Last year, I had a hard time with any exertion and planned low key activities. This year I had energy to spare. One day I was walking to the car in a mall parking lot with the nephews and decided to just take off running to the car. Behind me I heard "He can run again!" and laughter. How nice to be able to have fun. Here's a kick, my wife and I took a helicopter ride. I went to Hawaii a few years ago and really wanted to but I was too heavy and over the weight limit.

Rather than hang out at the hotel during downtime like I did last year, I decided to go for a walk at the Tanger outlet. Last year I wouldn't have thought about trying to find good deals on clothing in the big and tall range I wore. 4x and 5x aren't compelling buys most of the time...this year, I was buying medium shirts. I can wear some and will be able to wear the rest within the next few months. I haven't worn a medium shirt since high school. This 50 year old was shopping like a kid in a candy shop. Even took my dear wife back to the mall and let her have fun picking some things out for me too. No more big and tall shops for me.

I can barely concieve of what next year holds. VSG gave me back my hope, health, and fun. I hope all of you can experience such a dramatic change next year.[/quote']

I hope I will have the same picture of my next year too! You have given me hope!!!

You judt made everything I have been working for so much easier. Seeing what you wrote and seeing how much your life has changed gives me more strength over the next 30 days to keep going. Its so easy to quit....your proof that hard work continues to pay off!

I LOVE reading posts like this. I'm just now hitting 3 weeks post op, and reading a post like this from someone a year out reminds me that I have a great reward on its way. That I will be able to live a healthy and active life.... and that this mushie baby food will one day end. LOL ;)

I LOVE reading posts like this. I'm just now hitting 3 weeks post op, and reading a post like this from someone a year out reminds me that I have a great reward on its way. That I will be able to live a healthy and active life.... and that this mushie baby food will one day end. LOL ;)

Hang in there Morgan. Its worth it!

This is old, I know, but did you start to scuba dive again?

This is old, I know, but did you start to scuba dive again?

Oh yeah Russ. I got my advanced certification in September and I've had several ocean dives in North Carolina and the Canary Islands. Awesome.

Awesome!!! I LOVE to dive and was curios if there were any complications. I am looking forward to not having to dive with a ton of weight and getting new gear :-)

I have never dove in NC, but I would like to go look for those Fossil Teeth. I like to go to the country of Bonaire and I usually dive 30+ times in a week. I have a friend who dove 50x times one week while I was there.

I am rescue certified and want to do a dive master / instructor. That will be a goal for my future, thinner me.

I am grinning as much as I guess you were writing it. Can't wait to be having vacations with my kids like you did with your nephews. We are on vacation and I have had to say no to things I wanted to do but worried about being able to.

I hope to my surgery in Aug or Sept.

Pics!!!