Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am wondering if I will lose anymore freaking weight!? I was sleeved on may 1st and I have only lost 30 pounds. It's really frustrating reading the posts on here about those losing 30 pound in like 2 weeks or something crazy like that. I was a self pay and I am just wondering if I wasted $15k. I haven't lost a pound in 3 weeks. I'm just very discouraged at this point and I could literally just cry!!!

I'm sorry you are frustrated. First, don't discount that 30 lbs. You have lost 30 lbs in 9 or 10 weeks. That's pretty good, ya know! What is your eating/exercise like? Are you on My Fitness Pal? Don't give up. This battle isn't over!

Thank you for the encouraging words. I walk 3-4 times a week and I have a VERY active 2 year old. It just seems every time I come on this site I realize that I'm not having the success everyone else is, and that was my biggest fear all along. I don't have a myfitnesspal, sorry. I really do appreciate your response.

Kelly, i was sleeved on May 2 and i understand what you are saying... i lost most of my weight the first 5 weeks ... Up a few down a few...seems like the last month i have been playing around with same 4 pounds... Very frustrating ! Lets support each other, as we almost share the same sleeve date...

Are you on My Fitness Pal? if you are, add me as a friend and maybe when you "view diary" you will have some suggestions for me....

MFP username is Sandy0424..

I will have to get the app for my fitness pal. I'm honestly just feeling like a failure. I'm happy off the ones that are succeeding but it really is upsetting that I am not seeing results for myself.

I feel you. I am just 2 weeks out and lost 12 pounds. But since my 1 week check up I haven't dropped a pound. It was like my worst fear came true. I too saw everyone losing all this weight and while I was so excited for them. I felt like I wasn't doing something right. But after a few tears I'm gonna try to get back on the bus and ride again. We can do this....we may not be as fast as some. But remember even if you run slower you still reach the finish line....Good Luck! It will all work out. :-)

I'm 18 days out. scales don't matter ATM. Our bodies are busy. Doing all the things it normally does to survive PLUS healing from major surgery.

Our system is experiencing a major reboot. Worry about healing and Protein not about scales.

I know it sounds odd when this is a WLS, but the sleeve is forever, healing is only a few weeks.

You could be PmSing or fitting off a virus or holding Water because it's hot or heaven knows.

Hide the scale!

30 pounds is great weight loss. You can't compare what you lost to others. People that have a lot more Water weight to lose or with a higher BMI tend to lose weight quicker. Men lose weight quicker. I haven't seen anyone lose 30 pounds in 2 weeks and they may be including their pre-op diet in that.

You really need to be tracking your food, calories, Protein, carbs, sodium and potassium if you aren't. You can get Myfitnesspal.com on your computer, not just as an app for your phone. It's easier to set up. Make sure you set it up for the stats you want. (they default to 1200 calories 157 carbs or something ridiculous like that.

You need to make sure you are getting in your waters, and this will chart that, and you can track your exercise. Exercise can be walking 30 minutes a day. You should try for at least 30 minutes a day for yourself, even if it's chasing your toddler.

Since not sure what your starting point was, how much you lost prior to surgery, what your bmi is, it's hard to tell what the problem may be, I think actually tracking everything is the first thing you need to work on. Second, someone very wise just told me not to compare yourself with anyone else.

Is your clothes looser now? Have you measured yourself during this time? When people stall that's usually the body trying to catch up with the fat loss and readjusting, this is usually when you lose the most inches. As long as you are doing what you are suppose to be doing, you will eventually lose.

I understand wanting to see the scale go down daily, but it's not going to happen, it's not realistic.

Good luck to you.

Hey Kelly~

I could have written these same words as your post. I just signed on here because I am feeling the SAME as you. I was sleeved on April 30th and have lost 34 pounds and nothing more...I know it's a journey and there's so much that is different with every person. I TRY not to compare but find myself doing it too often. Just wanted to let you know that you are most DEFINITELY not alone. :) Get the myfitnesspal app if you can...I DO believe it helps. My user name is DeLongWayHome for anyone who uses it and wants to add me. I'd love some support and to help support as well. Hang in there, Kelly, don't give up the faith. :)

sometimes it also depends on if you are a heavyweight or lightweight. the two lose at different rates. I'm a lightweight I started at 200 lbs..I've lost 40 in a little over 3 months. 30 in the first two then slowed down. I averaging 2.5 a week give or take. I haven't really stuck to a planned diet..I just eat what my stomach allows. I would probably do better if I exercised but it's been too hot to walk and I have a physical job so I'm usually too tired by the time I get home. Just hang in there sometimes it looks like the scale isn't moving then all of a sudden you weigh yourself and youv'e drop pounds. Just don't weigh everyday or compare yourself to others.... we all lose at different rates depending on size, diet, environment.etc.

Well, I'm slower than any of you. Sleeved March 12, down 31 lbs. But I haven't given up. I'm just slow. Sometimes I think people who lose a lot, were maybe used to taking in a lot of calories before surgery??? I always kept my calories between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. I couldn't lose a single pound for years at that intake. My body is very efficient, and makes use of every calorie. Now eating 700-900 calories a day, my body is adjusting to lower intake. I've been in starvation mode for decades, it seems. Not fair at all.

Thanks ladies for you kind words and support. I am not going to give up and I'll get the app and start keeping up with what I eat and add you all. It's nice to know that I'm not alone.

I started out at 265 for those who were wondering.

I am getting married in november and I soooo badly wanted to be at 200 or less by then.

1. I am getting married in July! Congrats and you can do it! I suggest if you don't do my fitness pal at least journal to see what kind of food you are taking in and how much as well as your activity and Water. Also try to get some sleep. It also helps! Good luck I am rooting for you.

I understand what your going through. Down 21 lbs in 6 weeks, that's counting pre-op. Not as much as I had hoped for. But I am losing inches and things that were too tight, are now loose!

I read on here, if your not getting in your Protein, and eating enough calories you wont lose as quick, so I had to make myself eat more, and get my Protein in and guess what, next day I dropped a pound.

Check out www: fitnessfrog.com/calculators.html