Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 years yesterday

Not sure I want to write about my bandiversary. Not that I'm not happy about what I have lost because I couldn't have done it without my band. I've lost about 70 lbs. but the majority of that was in the first year. I am not good about following the rules like I did when I was first banded but if I did I am sure I would be doing much better. When I was first banded I was thrilled at not being able to eat alot and maybe only eating an appetizer when I went out but now it's almost like I resent it. My mind is not in the right place anymore. I am at 4.20 in my 4 cc band and I can still eat more then I should be eating. I will probably ask for an Endoscopy soon as I have gotten one every year. Can someboy kick me in the pants to make me realize that this is a good thing and I should be working it?

It sounds like you have done a great job keeping the weight off for 3 years so you have done something great! Most can't say that so I would say congratulations on 3 years of being banded.

It is a great tool and we must work it for it to work. You have done a wonderful job and maybe you just need to re-focus your energy on changing your mind.

Hi Chris,

Why not come to the 3rd Tuesday meeting at Dr Geiss' office, the therapist, dietician and other banders will rally to help. I think one of the changes needed is going to be exercise. I know i'm not eating much but I only lose when I move alot more.

70 lbs lost and staying lost is a victory in itself. Perhaps its just a small attitude adjustment needed to get you back on the losing path. I know I will be there, and I hope you come too. I will be the HUGE guy who looks like Hagar the horrible.

[/url]hagargi8.th.jpg

Congrats Chris!

Have you taken a look lately at your NSV list? I know that I always feel better when I see where I've been. You might put on your before clothes for a while, get a good laugh out of that!

You've done a great job in maintaining.

And as for "eating more than I'm supposed to...." I think that as bandsters we get a squewed picture of what is "normal." We think eating 1/4 cup of food is a "normal" poition, when in reality is is a very tiny portion.

Good job, you've worked really hard!

Way to go Chris! Me too. 3 yrs out - 75lbs, still maintaining. Some days are harder than others, for sure, but hey.. could we have done this well without the band for so long? Nope... Congrats!!! Now - to get back to where we were.. that's the hard part now..

When I was first banded I was thrilled at not being able to eat alot and maybe only eating an appetizer when I went out but now it's almost like I resent it. My mind is not in the right place anymore. I am at 4.20 in my 4 cc band and I can still eat more then I should be eating.

Funny how the newness wear off. Im in the same boat - 2 years later and not givin much a hoot about protien and Fiber and all that other stuff.

Heck, *3* years later and youre down 70ish pounds. Thats something to shout out!

Happy Bandanniversy. And if YOU get that kick in the pants, give them MY address - ok?

75lbs down - you ought to shout it from the roof tops! Thats GREAT work, banded or not, and is worthy of celebration.

Just keeping your band for 3 years is an achievement to be encouraged by.

I hope that you get your "mojo" back! Plug into LBT and your local support network, medical team etc - we're all here to help and withness to your success.

I couldn't have done it without my band. I've lost about 70 lbs. but the majority of that was in the first year. I am not good about following the rules like I did when I was first banded but if I did I am sure I would be doing much better. When I was first banded I was thrilled at not being able to eat alot and maybe only eating an appetizer when I went out but now it's almost like I resent it. My mind is not in the right place anymore. Can someboy kick me in the pants to make me realize that this is a good thing and I should be working it?

I have tried going back to the basics to get myself re-focused like I was when first banded.....just as you were. I go on the "before-band liquid diet" for a week or two to cleanse my system. Then try to kick in more exercise, less food, more good foods, do more of the good things that help us lose!!! We need to get back on the "bandwagon"!!! But everyone is right....you haven't gained it back; which by this time without the band you would have gained it back PLUS!!!

I think we go back to old habits because we "CAN" - unlike the Gastric Bypass patients, we CAN have sugar, we CAN eat anything, etc. etc. Maybe if the sugar made us ill like it does them...we would do better...

Is there really an answer to this? Not sure.....wish someone had one!!! Hang in there!

Luckie

:phanvan