Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone Used True Results In Dallas W/dr. John Marsden?

Since i've switched from having lapband to the sleeve - my surgeon will be changed to Dr. John Marsden....I did a search on here but nothing popped up. Hoping someone here can give me some feedback.

thanks

Did you have your surgery yet? I'm having my revision surgery with him august 1st and would like any info you have to give

I have my last visit on aug 1 then surgery date and then they send docs to insurance. Can't find any info on him. Where are you having your surgery at?

I'm having mine at Baylor medical center in trophy club

Tell me what hes like nx wk if you can. I think im having my surgery at presby plano

good luck on your surgery - keep us posted.

How did your final visit go? I stumbled upon this forum looking for info on Dr. Marsden. I am going through True results in Richardson, TX. My insurance required 6 months of supervised weight loss attempt an Aug. 23 is my final visit with them. I just found out that Dr. Marsden will be my surgeon but the only info I can find on him is lap band.Any info you can offer will be helpful, I will having the VGS sometime in Sept.

Make sure you are comfortable with your surgeon. It is the most important decision you can possibly make. There are many experienced and some nationally recognized people in Dallas, so you have the very best to choose from. make sure you get plenty of information and are really comfortable with the doctor's number of procedures. Keep reaching out here for feedback on any doctor you are considering.

www.vitals.com is a highly respected rating service. My docs say they watch this to make sure they are rated well. might be worth a peek.

Dr. Marsden was awesome an extremely nice man very glad I choose him as my surgeon my revision surgery went great today!

I had my final visit at TR today - but won't see Dr Mardsen till insurance is approved (sent in today) and the results from the freaking H-Pylori test. but all in all I have really had a good experience with TR in Richardson and even though they know WHAT the insurance company is looking for, I have stayed on top of it as well for my personal peace of mind.

Glad you like Dr Mardsen - all I've heard in really kind words about him and his personality.

My blood work came back and I have H. Pylori. Fortunately, I have time to take all of the antibiotics before my final visit with TR on the 23rd. Still looking for reviews on Dr. Marsden. Seems like most of his lap band clients are very happy with him....

Sorry about that. I called to get my h-pylori results bu nurse was with a patient so receptionist looked and said she thinks its negative but shes not a nurse. Nurse was supposed to call me but they close early on friday. Guess i have to wait till monday.

Hey keisha sorry to hear that but it will get better and surgery day will be here before you know it!! Dr. Marsden did an awesome job on removing my lapband and giving me the gastric sleeve I was very impressed by him and so was my sister she got the sleeve done from him as well. Also all the nurses and staff at baylor medical center all spoke highly about him!

Dr Marsden is extremely well regarded in the lap band world. On top of that, he is one of the nicest, brutally honest, want to invite him over for dinner and a beer kind of guy. I met with him after speaking with several health care professionals in the bariatric surgery field. Every one of them told me Dr. Marsden for the LB. During my visit with him he mentioned that he had done only 12 sleeve's, but had been trough all of the training and then some.

With that said... About a week before my LB surgery was to happen, I found out that none of the follow-ups were with him or his staff, but rather true results. This put me off a bit and was enough for me to put surgery on hold and rethink everything. He was honestly such an awesome guy, that I had made my decision on the LB just because I liked him so much. In the end my family and I felt the sleeve was a better decision and I chose Dr. Kim based on more experience in that surgery.

I don't say any of the above to steer anyone away, I would feel very confident in Dr. Marsden's work. His staff is exceptional as well.

I am set to have surgery with Dr. Marsden on the 5th. I didn't get to meet with him, but I met with his assistant Jodie. I feel very comfortable with them.