Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Only 3 days out, but I can't stomach my shakes! Right now I'm wondering, what the heck have I done! Any helpful advice would be appreciated

Yup, I was the same way. The shakes I loved pre-op were TERRIBLE post op. Just too sweet. Your tastes change ... That is why I always tell people to NOT overbuy pre-op because what you love before, you will hate after. I gave away $50 of Protein powder ... oh well ...

I tried others and settled on Premier Protein Shakes from costco. They taste wonderful still 1 year post op. Have at least one everyday.

Pdx man, thanks for the reply. At the beginning did u have feelings of regret. If so, when can I start feeling better about it! Need some positive feedback!

I was told not to worry the first week about food. And I didn't drink Water til day 3. It was slow coming. And still 2 months out, nothing really tastes good. (I have decided it is a huge blessing) you are so early out of surgery. I promise you will find your groove. It is normal to regret your decision. (a lot never do) don't over think the first little while, try different things until you find what works for you. Don't get on the scale (it will just make things worse) and since you can't change anything, take it easy, let your body heal. Sip and walk. Every day, heck, every hour gets better. Hang in there! And congratulations!!

Joyus, it does take some time to find your groove again, and when you do, you will discover it is a different groove then you were used to. But that is a good thing because it is the groove that is going to help you lose weight. As MommyMar says, avoid the scale, at least for the first month. It is meaningless. Really. It will be hard, but your expectations can never match up to reality. Just know that it will happen for you. It was about 6 weeks post-op before I felt *normal*. It will happen for you. Sorry, you're not that unique that you will be the only person who feels like h3ll forever. :)

Just keep doing what you are supposed to be doing and know that it does get better.

I hated the chocolate flavored Protein Shakes during the first week post op. Fortunately, I am back to liking them again, although I do not love them the way I did pre-op. Don't get too discouraged. The first week is really hard on so many levels. I can honestly tell you each week gets a little better. I could not get enought liquids in, I HATED drinking broth, I hated my shakes and couldn't drink enough to get even a portion of my Protein in. Then I remembered that the doctor told me to just concentrate on fluids and not worry about the protein and I began to relax about it. Hang in there, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and a lighter, healthier you when you get there!

I was the same. I didnt eat anything for five days. I just drank Water. If you cant eat just try to stay hydrated. Hang in there. Right after surgery I felt I made the worst mistske of my life. This group git me through it hour by hour. 3 weeks later and things are alot better. My first 10 days were the worst. Hang in there.