Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please dont frown on me or my crazy qquestions lol Me and my brother were listening to eric claptons song cocain he looked at me and laughed and we begin to talk about drugs I smoke weed but I never done any hard drugs he knows I use this website wanted me to ask everybody after the surgery can a person use cocaine or ecstasy lol Im 5 weeks out

I'm sure you could. Of course there would be MAJOR complications if someone ever OD'd on the X and had to have their sleeved stomach pumped. So I would advise against it.

OMG! He can't be serious with that question!!? Really? LOL!!!!!! I think you should direct that question to your doctor. Bwahahahahaha!!!

There is a HUGE danger of crossover addiction after WLS, so addicting drugs should definitely be avoided post-surgery. Add in that the drugs you are mentioning are illegal in most countries and you already have your own answer, IMO.

Good luck.

All I can say- WOW

Lol I don't plan on doing it was really just a general question that me n my brother were talking about lol

To me (and I'm not being mean). But if you are asking the question you are thinking about it! Why would you take this incredible gift we have been given and want to put anything in your body that a) is illegal b)could kill you??? Don't abuse this gift you won't get a second one and don't (please) take one addiction (food) and replace it with alcohol, drugs, or nicotine. It's a battle but you will be so proud when you hit goal and are healthy!

It's not like people get addicted to ecstasy. It's the type of drug you wouldn't wanna be on all the time. I did quite a bit of it in high school. But it scares me now, you really never know what you're getting. If I really needed to do it again I would get pure MDMA made by a chemist.

Cocaine on the other hand could become an issue (I had a big problem with it for several years) and I won't ever touch it again.

Ecstasy has surely got to be better for you than alcohol ... or a cheeseburger ;) I'm not approving it .... but I'm not disapproving it either.

There is a HUGE danger of crossover addiction after WLS' date=' so addicting drugs should definitely be avoided post-surgery. Add in that the drugs you are mentioning are illegal in most countries and you already have your own answer, IMO.

Good luck.[/quote']

Yes, do be aware of this and be careful. One experience post op can turn into a habit and then turn into an addiction. You, or anyone else, don't want to go down this path of unintentional self destruction. I had a little short term problem (2 months) with left over surgery pain meds that almost got out of my control. Fortunately, others on this list and my wife helped me see that it is better to deal with life then to cover it up with feelings of euphoria. Everyone likes euphoria, but let me tell you it is not worth it in the end. To err is to be human. I am not being judgmental or negative and just want to share some anecdotal experience. It can happen to anyone. I am the last person that you would think would have problems with this as my outward appearance is a very fulfilling and successful life. I have learned my lesson and hope this post helps others.

Has anyone ever tried ecstasy post op? I'm wondering because there are no definitive answers out there.

Has anyone ever tried ecstasy post op? I'm wondering because there are no definitive answers out there.

Better not ask too many questions about that or you are going to have the DEA knocking at your door ( or breaking it down) at 2 am. LOL!

I'm not experienced when it comes to drugs BUT doesn't weed give you the munchies? So munchies cause you to eat everything in sight and that basically defeats the whole purpose of weight loss surgery. Just sayin'. As far as cocaine...I'll just pretend like that wasn't brought up, because its mind blowing anyone would think about something like that.

I'm not experienced when it comes to drugs BUT doesn't weed give you the munchies? So munchies cause you to eat everything in sight and that basically defeats the whole purpose of weight loss surgery. Just sayin'. As far as cocaine...I'll just pretend like that wasn't brought up' date=' because its mind blowing anyone would think about something like that.[/quote']

Smoking doesn't always 'just' give you the munchies. Some people smoke for other reasons than just getting high.

Cocaine is something I would advise against going near. The likelihood of addiction is too high