Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Incompetent B@$T@r!)$ @ The Hospital!

I am SO MAD!

The nurse just called from my Dr's office and said the Hospital says I did not have an EKG done! They went so far to say that sometimes patients think they have tests but they don't!

I now have to take time out of my schedule because THEY LOST my EKG! I know I had an EKG, I sat in a little room, had quite a few leads hooked up to me, they printed out a piece of paper about a foot long with squiggly lines all over it and she said, Your EKG looks really good! SO YES I had an EKG you IDIOTS!

I paid for these services already & they better not even think about charging me again for them!

WOW am I livid! Someone will probably get their ass chewed out today!

OK thanks for listening, I had to vent! What really made me mad was them making it sound like I didn't know what I was talking about, that I didn't know what an EKG was and that I had no had one! That is what pisses me off!

Johnathan

So you've never made a mistake? Really?

So you've never made a mistake? Really?

Not to where I have LOST someones medical records, and then in not so many words called them a Liar or just plain Ignorant. No I have not done that!

Besides, this is about them, not me! They won't even admit to a mistake, they say that I am mistaken, so yes that pisses me off and I have every right to be upset about it! If you don't feel that way then I'm sorry about that but this is how I feel & this message board permits me to say how I feel.

Sorry Johnathan! I know that stinks...I've been dealing with stuff like this for the past two months! It's like I have to call and BEG doctors/hospitals for records. Just found out anesthesia records I requested a month ago have still not been sent to surgeon!

Well here's the thing, I don't know how large the facility is but things happen. The person may do 10 to 100 perday and just not remember you? However, just make sure they don't bill you twice. Call the billing Dept and see if they got a charge for it. Then take that info to the person denying the work and show them! It is very frustrating! I do understand! I hate dealing with this type stuff as much as anyone. Yet, it is one more step towards your goal and it still isn't as bad as it is going to get now that the Govt will control your health care cradle to grave. 83 % of all doctors considering quitting r/t it. already know about 15 that have sold their practices and readying to retire as it kicks in. Good luck with your ekg and just make sure they dont bill you twice! Have a great day!

Did they give you the Original copy of your EKG or was it a copy one if ur call your doctor they could fax it over I had a copy not the original one

Did they give you the Original copy of your EKG or was it a copy one if ur call your doctor they could fax it over I had a copy not the original one

They say that I never even had an EKG! That is the problem. They didn't even put it in my file! It could be in someone else's file. My test is floating around somewhere.

Sorry Johnathan! I know that stinks...I've been dealing with stuff like this for the past two months! It's like I have to call and BEG doctors/hospitals for records. Just found out anesthesia records I requested a month ago have still not been sent to surgeon!

Thanks! Luckily this has been the only thing to Happen BUT I do have to go retake the test at least you can still request the records. They don't have an EKG on file for me to request LOL

So frustraring!

Johnathan

Can't they just go back to their appointments and look it up? These things don't exist in a vacuum. There were codes that had to entered so they could bill it and insurance information that they needed to submit. You could go back to your calendar and give them the date and time of the appointment and they should be able to look it up from that.

Well here's the thing' date=' I don't know how large the facility is but things happen. The person may do 10 to 100 perday and just not remember you? However, just make sure they don't bill you twice. Call the billing Dept and see if they got a charge for it. Then take that info to the person denying the work and show them! It is very frustrating! I do understand! I hate dealing with this type stuff as much as anyone. Yet, it is one more step towards your goal and it still isn't as bad as it is going to get now that the Govt will control your health care cradle to grave. 83 % of all doctors considering quitting r/t it. already know about 15 that have sold their practices and readying to retire as it kicks in. Good luck with your ekg and just make sure they dont bill you twice! Have a great day![/quote']

I get what your saying, I do but im more irked by the fact they tell me I'm crazy bc I didn't have it. I also don't like that If this happened with my test bc who knows where it is now! Who else does this happen to?

I'm not going to discuss healthcare bc I'm excited about the Healthcare changes! I'll actually be able to have healthcare! I won't be denied for preexisting anymore.

Can't they just go back to their appointments and look it up? These things don't exist in a vacuum. There were codes that had to entered so they could bill it and insurance information that they needed to submit. You could go back to your calendar and give them the date and time of the appointment and they should be able to look it up from that.

I did give them the date. They say it wasn't done. I have a receipt bc I'm a cash pay patient, so I've PAID for this test! I will not pay again. Their screw up not mine!

I had an ekg with my Dr along with bloodwork etc. Xrays etc and then on the day of my preop at the hospital they ran bloodwork and did an EKG. Do you think they are referring to the hospital EKG where they are performing your surgery? Or have you already done the EKG for your pre op admin?

Sorry your going thru this...

Take care!!!

I had an ekg with my Dr along with bloodwork etc. Xrays etc and then on the day of my preop at the hospital they ran bloodwork and did an EKG. Do you think they are referring to the hospital EKG where they are performing your surgery? Or have you already done the EKG for your pre op admin?

Sorry your going thru this...

Take care!!!

I've done all my pre-op. this EKG was part of my pre-op for the anesthesiologist. I had the EKG done at a different hospital than where I'm having my surgery bc I'm having surgery out of state.

And another thing they didn't do was send my sr the report from my x-rays! They had to REQUEST them with a medical release LOL. They ordered the test and decided they wouldn't send the results I guess. Just a bunch of idiots if u ask me! They did send the bloodwork! They did their job with that one.

That is so frustrating!! Ugh, I hope you get it resolved.

I have to get new medical ins and needed a letter of prior coverage from my last insurance carrier and they put I had coverage for one month! I have had coverage with them for 8 years! I'm still dealing with those idiots to send me a correct letter.

Good luck!!!