Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June Sleevers! Hows It Going?

I must be the slowest loser ever! I've close to 40 lbs and am down 2 pant sizes. Although I notice and people notice weightloss this is not what I expected at my 6 month mark. I def eat less and make better decisions but this Ian so discouraging. My mother is always asking me to call the Dr to ask him why this didnt work. I wouldn't have been able to lose at all if I didn't have the surgery but I just thought I would have at least been down 60 lbs by now.

I must be the slowest loser ever! I've close to 40 lbs and am down 2 pant sizes. Although I notice and people notice weightloss this is not what I expected at my 6 month mark. I def eat less and make better decisions but this Ian so discouraging. My mother is always asking me to call the Dr to ask him why this didnt work. I wouldn't have been able to lose at all if I didn't have the surgery but I just thought I would have at least been down 60 lbs by now.

Don't feel bad. You're surgery is working because you lost 40 lbs. I get frustrated too when I see those that are already at the 100 lb mark and I'm only down 52 lbs. Good job!

surgery date june 25 2012

weight day of surgery 310

current weight 171 as of dec 6 2012 (i never weigh myself at home)

highest weight 354

Losing slow and steady to not losing for a long time. I'm okay with it I feel the slower the better for my body. It will come off eventually

surgery date june 25 2012

weight day of surgery 310

current weight 171 as of dec 6 2012 (i never weigh myself at home)

highest weight 354

Wow! This is phenomenal!!! Please tell, what have you been doing? What are you eating?? I wanna know the secrets to your success! :)

Wow! This is phenomenal!!! Please tell' date=' what have you been doing? What are you eating?? I wanna know the secrets to your success! :)[/quote']

i started a thread of my "confessions" but i dont know how to add link since i only access this site thru the app on my phone but i'd be more than happy to share with you how i live

I never weigh myself at home i guage my weight loss thru how my clothes fit

i have no forbidden foods anything my tiny stomach desires i allow myself to have in moderation

when i feel as if the weight loss is slowing i eat more smaller high fat meals exercise less then when i go back to my normal post vsg diet i can literally feel the weight melting off i sometimes do this in cycles and there is a technical name for it but i dont know what it is

i incorporate cardio into my everyday life but in the gym i focus on strength training and weights

i place diet first, strength training second, cardio last

i still drink my Protein Shakes daily

i take my Vitamins faithfully and i never go anywhere without my water bottle

i do not consider myself an expert on anything dealing with this surgery but i do know that it is simply a tool and that for me losing the weight involved following the basics in the beginning but as time went on learning to listen to my body and most importantly remaining positive

Losing slowly. But exercise is almost nonexistent hopefully that will change after tomorrow when I get injections in my low back. Hip pain especially. I walked 2 miles today, oh how I missed it. I can't wait to get back I the swing of things and get these plateaus moving faster.

Hi June sleevers! I usually just browse through the forums and quietly praise your success :-) I recently came across a "before" picture of me at my heaviest weight and figured it was time to share my success now :-) I was sleeved on 6/11/12, down a total of 125lbs (44lbs pre-op, 81lbs post-op). It's still work in progress...17lbs to my personal goal weight,working to maintain, cosmetic surgery, etc. but no hard goes unrewarded! Good luck & best wishes to you all ♥

post-31846-13813663084769_thumb.png

[ATTACH]9322[/ATTACH]

Hi June sleevers! I usually just browse through the forums and quietly praise your success :-) I recently came across a "before" picture of me at my heaviest weight and figured it was time to share my success now :-) I was sleeved on 6/11/12' date=' down a total of 125lbs (44lbs pre-op, 81lbs post-op). It's still work in progress...17lbs to my personal goal weight,working to maintain, cosmetic surgery, etc. but no hard goes unrewarded! Good luck & best wishes to you all ♥

[/quote']

Congrats!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using VST

Don't worry - I'm down the same amount! At least we are learning and making better decisions.

But yeh, I'm crazy disappointed.

After much pain and thinking that I had horrible heartburn. I found out that I have stones in my gull bladder . They will be removing it and I just can't believe that I have to go under again! Anyone else had this?

Is anyone still around? If so, how are you doing now?

Me: 5 foot tall

Started at 215

Now: 130

Goal was 115, but I wonder how that will look... I'm pretty thin right now at 130. I have kind of large muscles and bones... I am going to take it 10 pounds at a time right now. My new goal right now is 122.

I am :)

Start weight 109 kg, current 85 kg

So about 45 pounds down is all sadly :(

Hello June Sleevers!

My surgery was 6/27/12

I'm 5ft 9in tall

Starting weight 2 weeks before surgery was 302

My weight today is 198. I'm wearing size 12-14.

The weight is coming off slowly now but I am soooo happy with the results. I am running 5k's and trying to keep focused on eating healthy. Life is good. I am getting a lot of comments from people saying I don't need to lose anymore weight but I am just going to keep doing what I'm doing and if it comes off than it just comes off.

I hope everyone is doing well :)

I was sleeved 6/27 and down 69 lbs. still slow. I'm logging 3 miles walking a Day. I use the Special K Protein Drinks. They are the only ones I found that I can tolerate. I eat what I want in moderation. But some Heath issues prevented me from exercise for a few months. But now I'm back on track in charge and at large. Hoping I can make a big comeback!