Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am someone that has always hated fake sugars. I have tried them all and cannot stand them. I am missing having my coffe and would really like to know what you guys, that hate the stuff as much as me, do to get by.

Have you tried Truvia? It's the best and most natural tasting IMO. If you don't like that I would get some organic sugar/turbinado and just use a little bit. It's not gonna kill ya, just don't go overboard.

Stevia is the way to go. It's just a leaf so it's a lot more like sugar than Splenda or Equal. Truvia is the most well known brand name of Stevia, it's put out by Cargill, but you can't go wrong buying a different version of Stevia for a lot less.

Splenda is the best tasting one to me - I have tried truvia, was really excited about it, but its really really strong to me.. but I do not like any of it in my coffee so I feel your pain. No one ever knows they are having spelnda in my tea and drink mixes :P So maybe give it a try and use very little of it till you find whats good for you..also liquid Creamer, sugar free fat free but a sweet flavor.

I don't really like artificial sweeteners either but I find that they start tasting better if you lay off sugar for a while. Once you get used to having Splenda instead of sugar it starts tasting pretty good. Just don't go back to sugar or it'll ruin the effect. That being said, I agree that using a wee bit of real sugar in your daily cup of coffee isn't going to hurt you.

Oh when I said use small amounts, I meant of the splenda :) it is much stronger and if people add a teaspoon - they will definitely hate it for sure. I no longer have real sugar in my home or real salt .. im praying for strength :)

I agree the best I have found it the splenda. My family does not know I put it in the tea that I make. I just use less of it then I would real sugar

Ask you nUtritioNist if you can use agave. I know there are calories like sugar but you need less and it wont spike your sugar levels like sugar will. I have one coffee a day with it.

Stevia is the way to go. It's just a leaf so it's a lot more like sugar than Splenda or Equal. Truvia is the most well known brand name of Stevia, it's put out by Cargill, but you can't go wrong buying a different version of Stevia for a lot less.

Not to be a debbie downer but everyone I know that has tried Stevia said it's HORRIBLE!! I've heard so many negative comments about that stuff that I am not even willing to try it :( . Besides its a tad on the expensive side. I like Splenda the most. But have you tried sugar in the raw? Not sure if that's "real sugar" or what it is but it's not bad...!

Stevia is definitely not as sweet as Splenda. The body gets used to sweet and salty which means the most you use the more it takes to get that same taste. It took me a couple of days to get used to the less sweet taste of Stevia but once I did I vastly preferred it. Since it's natural like sugar it doesn't have that chemical taste you get in the artificial sweeteners. The price has been coming down too as long as you stay away from the Truvia brand. The Walmart version of Stevia is around the same price as Splenda and Equal.

Thanx everyone! Yeah I have tried all your suggestions except agave, I see my nutritionist this Friday. I have been "off" real sugar for a long time now, I hope I get use to something soon. Thanx all!

This is probably not the best advice but I started off using the domino light which is a sugar/stevia blend. It does taste better but I use very small amounts and not every day. Working my way to splenda or something similar but for a while it would give me the worst headaches.

On a different but related topic - are you allowed to drink caffeine. I am a coffee drinker but was told no on caffeine.

I was also told no caffeine but I'm not a big soda or coffee drinker. I drink Decaf.< /p>

First, I love the idea of the Domino Lite! I will talk to my nutritionist this week about it.

Second, no I was told no caffeine. But I love the taste of coffee so I was thinking of going to Decaf